Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

i guess thats us nailed on to sign a full back now that Fabio is gone....makes no sense at all how in 12 months you can go from starting a CL final to being deemed surplus to requirements.

'Surplus to requirements'?

If anything this loan proves he isn't that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

I see asamoah is gone to Juve!!! One potential cm gone!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

The more I look at the Juve midfield the sillier it looks for Pogba to want to go there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Schism wrote: »
    The more I look at the Juve midfield the sillier it looks for Pogba to want to go there.
    Exactly, their midfield was hardly scarce last year(two of Italy's starting CM's are with Juventus), and they have added to it again this year. If Pogba thought playing time was limited at Old Trafford behind the likes of Carrick and Scholes, he doesn't have a chance behind Marchisio, Pirlo, Vidal, Asamoah, Isla, Melo, Pazienza etc.
    It looks like he was misguided by another greedy agent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Pogba will be sent out on loan. Was never going to be part of juve plans this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

That's what I have said too, I wouldn't be surprised to see him off to Bologna this season and who knows from there, but he could have spent the season on loan just as easy if he stayed at United :)

I like the article, except for how it reminded me how Fergie ruined Ando originally with his deployment of him. Please please please let that not happen again with Kag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

im still keeping to my stance that Pogba will be a united player next year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

kryogen wrote: »
    99% sure to be nothing in it but what the hell

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/903905-gansos-contract-dispute-alerts-manchester-united-and-chelsea

Only reason I see it as a remote (as remote as you can get) possibility is this, Ando going the other way.

Would love to see him in a United jersey, but won't hold my breath

Just theoretically speaking on Ganso;

Don't need him now we have Kag.

I pretty sure he can't play a deeper role. It would be asking a lot of him to adapt to such a new role and adapt to the PL at the same time.

• Advertisement

It would amaze me if it were the case at this stage tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

It would amaze me if it were the case at this stage tbh

well of course all reports seem to suggest he is going, but ive a couple of reasons to believe he will stay at the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

have Utd made any statement recently about the Pogba situation?

well of course all reports seem to suggest he is going, but ive a couple of reasons to believe he will stay at the club.

I remember your reasons, and like I said myself, I am kinda trying to ignore the situation mainly until I hear something official. I just think the longer it goes on, and now that he is out of contract he is surely gone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Isn't his contract up now so he is gone by all means?though you would have assumed Juve would have announced him at the same time today if he had signed
    Strange situtaion.........

dahat wrote: »
    Isn't his contract up now so he is gone by all means?though you would have assumed Juve would have announced him at the same time today if he had signed
    Strange situtaion.........

His contract is up but United did not announce him as one of the released players today, and Juve did not announce him as a new signing :)

So yep, pretty confusing alright, serious shame when players end up with asshole agents, though I guess most of the time they all get rich out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Hope so,he's looked really good for the reserves from what Ive seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

I thought United had an option of extending Pogba's deal. Could have sworn SAF said something along those lines when the rumours started off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

markc1184 wrote: »
    I thought United had an option of extending Pogba's deal. Could have sworn SAF said something along those lines when the rumours started off.
    Well I assume you can't extend a contract that has expired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Well I assume you can't extend a contract that has expired.

But could this be a reason why his name hasn't been on any lists of the released players. Perhaps United and Juve haven't reached an agreement if indeed the option was taken to extend it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

But could this be a reason why his name hasn't been on any lists of the released players. Perhaps United and Juve haven't reached an agreement if indeed the option was taken to extend it.
    But if that was the case then there's no reason why it wouldn't have been announced by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I can remember him saying that. A years extension option (like on Berbas) IIRC

Mentioned here
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/9110495/Manchester-United-midfielder-Paul-Pogbas-future-at-Old-Trafford-precarious-following-Europa-League-omission.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

The more I think about it the less I want a player at our club likePogba who has no desire to be here.

Eathrin wrote: »
    The more I think about it the less I want a player at our club likePogba who has no desire to be here.

He did want to be here, im sure he still does but he does have to think about his own career. He sees whats happening at the club and he can make his own mind up whether he wants to stay on or leave.

If he goes Ill be sad, if he stays Ill be happy. The world wont end either way.

He is not from Manchester, United are not his boy hood team. He has no obligation to stay if he thinks it would be better for him to move elsewhere.

I've read a lot on this forum that people think we are changing our shape next year? Seems to be a lot of opinions we are abandoning the 4-4-2 for the somewhat 'run of the mill' games and changing back to the tried and failed 4-5-1 in the big games, and just watch as barca laugh at those tactics.....

Anyhow the point I want to make is that I can see fergie playing kagawa centre mid with carrick...

Does anyone else think this will not happen? I'd be delighted if we did change our shape and use the false 9 (messi) but I seriously do not see this happening. I'm thinking kagawa IS the centre midfield player a lot of people are crying out for us to sign!!! Well in the eyes of fergie he is, in my opinion!!

• Advertisement

Kagawa is an all out attacker. He is not a CM.

G.K. wrote: »
    Kagawa is an all out attacker. He is not a CM.

I agree, but something tells me that fergie may see him as an alternative to scholes/cleverly in regards creating for the team, dont forget he is quite a good final ball player

I agree, but something tells me that fergie may see him as an alternative to scholes/cleverly in regards creating for the team, dont forget he is quite a good final ball player

I really hope they don't try and shoehorn him into CM.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was Anderson not a No. 10 when he was signed too?

Yep :(

• Advertisement

Schism wrote: »

I really hope they don't try and shoehorn him into CM.

I would not be shocked if they did to be honest, would not be the first time, phil jones - outstanding at the back for Blackburn tried in cm.... Rio apparently had the qualities to play there and he was tried, even John o'shea was thrown in at the deep end of cm!!!! I can see this happening to kagawa and no other cm signed....

I hope not though! I think that Afroman from everton could do a serious job for us

I would not be shocked if they did to be honest, would not be the first time, phil jones - outstanding at the back for Blackburn tried in cm.... Rio apparently had the qualities to play there and he was tried, even John o'shea was thrown in at the deep end of cm!!!! I can see this happening to kagawa and no other cm signed....

I hope not though! I think that Afroman from everton could do a serious job for us

My sentiments exactly. They've tried to change players positions a few times now to get that CM. Not to say that it can't work, but it's not an ideal solution and could be argued is a waste of a player's attributes.

If he does it will be a disaster

He was, and as the article you posted yourself said earlier, he was head and shoulders above in that position at that time (age group obv) but Fergie fcuked around with him over and over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Just on the ganso link. Hes had a few injurys already hasn't he. If hes struggling to keep fit I don't think its what is needed right now is it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Utd need another midfielder this summer.I thought Id never hear myself say but if Carrick gets injured we could be screwed,Fletch will probably not be the same player he was.
    I along with others don't want to see Phil Jones in midfield.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Why do I expect Kagawa to play as an attacker and not a cm in a 4 4 2?

I see Kagawa taking up an attacking position with Rooney and the wingers to create a more fluid attacking approach. Getting back to the Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez way, quality attackers backed up a strong defence and well structured midfield allowing the fluid attacking approach.

from what I have read he wants to be an attacker, he had options to go elsewhere and would not have joined United if he was going to play out of position.

he could well end up playing as a third midfield player in an Iniesta tyoe role, it will be great to have that option or to go with an even more advanced role.

I don't see him playing as part of a two man midfield in a rigid formation.

thats my theory anyway!

He was, and as the article you posted yourself said earlier, he was head and shoulders above in that position at that time (age group obv) but Fergie fcuked around with him over and over again.

I didn't know that!! Can't picture Anderson as a no. 10 type, I'm surprised he has not moved on. In fairness to him he has ability and I can see him doing well for another team, it just has not worked for him on a consistent basis.

Pity because he had his good days

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Why do I expect Kagawa to play as an attacker and not a cm in a 4 4 2?

I see Kagawa taking up an attacking position with Rooney and the wingers to create a more fluid attacking approach. Getting back to the Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez way, quality attackers backed up a strong defence and well structured midfield allowing the fluid attacking approach.

from what I have read he wants to be an attacker, he had options to go elsewhere and would not have joined United if he was going to play out of position.

he could well end up playing as a third midfield player in an Iniesta tyoe role, it will be great to have that option or to go with an even more advanced role.

I don't see him playing as part of a two man midfield in a rigid formation.

thats my theory anyway!

So you also are expecting a change in formation/tactics?

So you also are expecting a change in formation/tactics?

Think he was saying United may still play the 4411 that we have been playing but with him taking Rooneys spot just behind the lead striker, so essential no change to formation.

And yes, Ando was rated as one of the best young attacking midfielders in the game before United bought him and for a few months after even until injury problems surfaced. This is common with players who have bad injuries previously, such as he had. He was a serious goalscoring threat in his time at Gremio and the explosive powerful forward bursts we see on occasion were a mainstay of his game.

He had the terrible injury pretty quick at Porto, arrived in March of his first season there, missed 5 months of the second and managed only 18 league appearances but still played a part in 2 league winning campaigns, in hindsight it might have been wiser for United to hold off on signing him until it was seen how he would get on after his injury but there were other teams sniffing around and like Ronaldo and the Nani deals, the club felt they had to move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

I remember Ando at Porto as #10, he was awesome! Even had a crackin long short, think he hit the post against us from 35 odd meters in a pre season!

If SAF tries to adapt Kagawa into a cm / deep lying playmaker, I will cry. He's the absolute perfect man to link mid and attack...

Fenix wrote: »
    I remember Ando at Porto as #10, he was awesome! Even had a crackin long short, think he hit the post against us from 35 odd meters in a pre season!

If SAF tries to adapt Kagawa into a cm / deep lying playmaker, I will cry. He's the absolute perfect man to link mid and attack...

So many of us are fearing this right now, so many.... So much fear....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Surely Kagawa has had talks with Fergie saying where he wants to play. Fergie already fucked it up with Ando, if he does it again...

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Surely Kagawa has had talks with Fergie saying where he wants to play. Fergie already fucked it up with Ando, if he does it again...

He has done it before too, Veron, Park even, he has a bit of a penchant for trying out things such as Smith in midfield, Rio in midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭macslash

Fenix wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QoRV7JuQOc

my word! he was different class when he was younger :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

He has done it before too, Veron, Park even, he has a bit of a penchant for trying out things such as Smith in midfield, Rio in midfield.

He's like Dr. Frankenstein doing experiments on the monster. Just stop it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Even in the first season when he played as #10 against Arsenal in the FA cup, he was brilliant. Nani got 2 assists and a goal, Fletcher scored 2 goals but Anderson was just brilliant in that game. Playing high up the pitch and playing killer balls (Completing them), linking up play, he was just very good in that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Interesting little exchange on twitter with Cleverly and a Utd fan site ( Republic of Mancunia)

Clev
    "Just seen the adidas take the stage advert. If I didn't before defo got the olympic buzz now!"

RoM
    "Why does @tomclevz23 have to spoil himself with all this brand/website/commersialised ****e? Imagine if he shared dressing room with Keane.."

Clev
    "@R_o_M i did the website when i was injured and had nothing to do. since then nothing iv done has taken my focus away from football!!!!!!"

Really hope he is focused and not a sick note..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Was reported months ago that Petrucci wanted to stay and had agreed new terms but considering he was pretty much in the same situation as Pogba i.e. More money being offered from abroad, Utd did well to hold on to him.
    Duncan Castles ‏@DuncanCastles
    Sir Alex Ferguson has convinced Davide Petrucci to reject double-money+ offers from Serie A & agree new #MUFC deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Interview with SAF on MUTV this afternoon.

Fletcher like a new signing - 1 shot.
    Vidic like a new signing - 1 shot.
    No Value - 1 shot.
    City inflating the market - 1 shot.
    Happy with squad - 1 shot.
    Only lost on goal difference (=team are good enough) - 1 shot.
    Agents being greedy stopping us from signing - 1 shot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement