Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    RedMancunia ‏@RedMancunia

Doesn't look good and also not surprising. We have to sign a CM at any cost now.

Here he is at Wimbledon last week. Looks rough.

Aw5b7ttCMAAx7C6.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

DB21 wrote: »
    Delighted Big Tony V got the number 7 jersey. Deserves it after the season he had.
    Is this confirmed yeah ?
    Delighted for him,Valencia has a lot of heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Here's hoping Fletch gets back to old ways, no matter how hard that may seem it is possible, especially with Darren's work ethic. Good riddance with regards Pogba, if that was his attitude towards United then we don't want him, it is a real shame because he is a very promising player. I can only see him failing to break into the Juve side and then having to drop down to lesser clubs to get games, don't be surprised if that happens, considering that Juventus' midfield is already excellent and they're apparently due to make a few more additions to it this summer. Silly boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Going by that picture of Fletcher I hope he never plays again. He looks extremely sick. :eek:

A real shame, always loved watching him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Absolutely raging, I ordered a home shirt with Valencia 25 on it from Soccer Triads. :(

Just get some tippex and put a plus between the 2 and the 5 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Going by that picture of Fletcher I hope he never plays again. He looks extremely sick. :eek:

A real shame, always loved watching him.

As stated earlier, fletcher will most likely NOT be like a new signing. Agree with rochey, he looks poorly in that pic!!

Well at least we finally have an answer to the pogba question. I also predict he will not break into the team and in a year or two he will 'need first team football' and end up playing at a lower standard...

Oh well, his choice. Sneaky feeling utd will be ok! Ha ha!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Absolutely raging, I ordered a home shirt with Valencia 25 on it from Soccer Triads. :(

Just get some tippex and put a plus between the 2 and the 5 ;)

Who was it that did that at inter when Ronaldo signed for them, his name escapes me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Nani has made 17 his own number for club and country.

Tony V deserves it the most. Michael Owen wearing the nmber has diluted its importance IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

ManUtd Stuff ‏@ManUtdStuff
    Sir Alex on Pogba & his agent: “If they carry on that way, they’re probably better off doing it away from us.”

Better now than later?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Best wishes to Pogba, hopefully he goes on to fulfil his potential and become world class...

Yeah right, I hope he doesn't get a single minute at Juventus and flops big time. Yes, I'm bitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Who was it that did that at inter when Ronaldo signed for them, his name escapes me!

Ivan Zamorano

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Does Fletch look really sick?

He was never Mr.Universe like...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Good luck to Pogba, I'll keep an eye on how he does on loan this season, shame he has a dick for an agent but that's life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Can't say he looks skinny either - he always has!

Hopefully when SAF says there could be another few signings that one of them is an established CM and not Baines and another youngster.

Does Fletch look really sick?

He was never Mr.Universe like...

Suppose you are right. Be great to have him back.

Darren_Fletcher_PicGetty_743832317.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Pure genius.

Zamorano18.jpg

The we are looking at one or two possibilities lines gets trotted out every year, we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Its really sickening the Pogba situation couldnt be resolved considering how much we are crying out for reinforcements in the middle of the park.

Agents can be poisonous creatures.

I cant imagine the move to Juve will help Pogba springboard his career. He has obviously moved for money and fair play to him if it works out, but breaking into that Juve midfield is going to be a hell of a lot more difficult than breaking into the Utd one!

Its a terrible shame he didn't stay with us but saying that I hope he goes on to have a decent career....... and fires that agent of his.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Delighted AV got number 7, he's better than nani so it was only right IMO. Fergie should of gave pogba a chance earlier on in the season too, I wouldn't blame the kid for leaving when the likes of rafeal and park started ahead of him in cm.

• Advertisement

Just for a second lets take off the red tinted glasses. Could this not be SAF and managements fault?

Clearly the lad wanted a better salary to indicate where he is in the panel.
    Im guessing last season he was on peanuts.
    Is their a trend developing, for example as point out already we are the only top club buying English. We have a massive amount, are we losing the appeal to foreign young talent.

Pique, Rossi, Pogba Morrison, Tosic, Simpson and of course Obi Mikel.
    Now Pogba, he was treated like crap, playing Rafa and Jones ahead of him.
    SAF seemed to have no clue what the situation was with him.

Fryers also doesn't seem to pushed to resign either.
    The treatment of Berba was very poor too.

Just putting another side to the story, Pogba put huge faith in us to leave his home country so young. Not much more he could of done.

Did we let him down?

Don't know which I would prefer to see now, Petrucci to go on loan or get some first team action at United, I think a loan would serve him better in the long run.

Re Pogba, Fergie has made many mistakes over players and stuff before, this one will (if it turns out to be a mistake) do no more damage then the others. I don't like how fergie freezes players out and certain treatments of players over the years, but its him. Its how he is and I gladly accept him for the brilliance he has.

Pisses me off greatly at times, but wouldn't change him for the world still. He got as close as ever to that with me last year though when I saw that line up for the City game :)

I will say in his favour, (fergie/gill) Pogbas agent is a notorious asshole of an agent and his players move often and benefit him greatly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Just for a second lets take off the red tinted glasses. Could this not be SAF and managements fault?

Is their a trend developing, for example as point out already we are the only top club buying English. We have a massive amount, are we losing the appeal to foreign young talent.

Just putting another side to the story, Pogba put huge faith in us to leave his home country so young. Not much more he could of done.

Did we let him down?

What has he really done to deserve big wages? I suppose his agent was probably looking for somewhere in the region of £20,000 a week. That's a million a year and all he has done is play a few reserve games. Not a hope he was ever going to get that.

I'm guessing he was on about £5,000 a year last year. That's not peanuts at all. Even our most corrupt politicians would struggle to pull in that every year with all their expenses.

Fair enough he wasn't being played, but he shouldn't be just paid money for the sake of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Possibly but not for the reasons you mention

He was offered more money than what he was on for sure. It was his first proper contract. Lets remember here, the lad has proven nothing so far in his short career.

We never really had much appeal to young foreign talent. Historically we like to buy British or develop or own with the odd exceptions.

Pique - back to his home club. Understand it plus we had better CB's at the time
    Rossi - again, we had better options ahead of him and to his credit he wanted to play so we let him leave with our blessing.
    Pogba - proven nothing
    Morrison - proven nothing and clearly has his problems. Not exactly shown us wrong so far has he?
    Tosic - maybe not given a chance but again hasn't exactly set the world alight since his move
    Simpson - meh. We had better when he went and id prefer Raf/Smalling at RB to him
    Obi - weird transfer. Was it money that took him to Chelsea?

Just to note you put in 2 English players in there when trying to back up a foreign talent issue :confused:

Pogba treated like crap? GTFO. SAF sees him every day and knows far more about the situation than we could ever do.

Not at all sure whats going on here but again what has he proven. How do we know he isnt asking for too much money?

This could be true but I would prefer Welbeck and Chicho in my team. Berba just didnt suit our style

Did we let him down?

This is lauhgable. You make it sound like he was doing us a favour when we plucked him from nowhere to give him the chance at one of the biggest clubs in the world

What has he really done to deserve big wages? I suppose his agent was probably looking for somewhere in the region of £20,000 a week. That's a million a year and all he has done is play a few reserve games. Not a hope he was ever going to get that.

I'm guessing he was on about £5,000 a year last year. That's not peanuts at all. Even our most corrupt politicians would struggle to pull in that every year with all their expenses.

Fair enough he wasn't being played, but he shouldn't be just paid money for the sake of it.

The thing is, if he was going to be a proper squad member next year then 20k is not out of the ordinary and he should have been given that much if Fergie was telling the truth about how highly he rated him and how much he saw him as a big part of the future at United.

I think from his point of view he wants to play, the money will come if the talent is there and he needs to start playing first team football regularly, look at the way younger and younger players are making their mark on the game these days? Why should he be still wasting in the reserves while Park and a right back get games in centre midfield ahead of him if he can get regular first team football elsewhere?

His agent is a twat and would have pushed hard for a good wage alright yes, and this would have been a problem naturally but it is one of Uniteds own doing in a way, why did they wait so long to try to renew his contract for instance? He only has this agent a few months now and he was always going to prove difficult to deal with, he likes his players to move alot.

He will always encourage them to go to pastures new, he gets paid more that way, and Juve have never paid the big money to attract players, that's not their style so he will not be receiving a ridiculous fee there.

Wayne Rooney has a lot to answer for actually.

• Advertisement

Sorry I put the english lads is because I thought they where doing fine at the level they where at, they couldn't really do much more.
    Just like Pogba, he was playing really well, and everyone I think agrees mertied a better chance at 1st team football.

5k and 20k where the exact numbers I had in mind. 20k is nothing for someone so young on the verge of the team.
    People say "what has he done" He has done everything that was asked of him I would of thought?

It is much harder to give youth a go with the spending power of City and of course Chelsea in previous years, but there doesn't seem to be much talent to even consider giving a chance. We are now buying young lads like Smalling and Jones in recent years. Fabio Rafa even Rooney and Ronaldo.
    Jones transfer figure I believe can go up to 20m but people don't want to invest 1m a year into Pogba plus the advantage of been able to sell the lad on if it didn't work out

SAF keeps going on about the youth system but last season he had a clear chance to give Pogba a go and never gave it to him.
    On the other hand, someone like Rodrigo Possebon got a few chances in the first team, and in the Carling cup.

Possebon, another disasterous loan, he looked promising too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

kryogen wrote: »
    Possebon, another disasterous loan, he looked promising too :(

He was doing fine wit us until that Boro thug used his leg as a kicking dummy.

to his credit he wanted to play so we let him

Pogba treated like crap? GTFO. SAF sees him every day and knows far more about the situation than we could ever do.

This is lauhgable. You make it sound like he was doing us a favour when we plucked him from nowhere to give him the chance at one of the biggest clubs in the world

When asked about the situation, he seemed to know little about it. At one stage if my memory is correct he thought the contract didn't end till next year.

He was not picked from no where, people knew about him. Of course dont know how good he is going to be but im sure Utd where not the only club in for him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

If pogba was good enough he would have got game time, he had no interest in staying, fergie had no problem putting the di silvas, fletcher, welbeck etc in early when they were young, the way he left the french club for United says it for me!

Hes as much chance as being the next Manuel Neumeyer as the next Vieira

I would be more worried to see whats happening with Fryers

• Advertisement

DB21 wrote: »
    He was doing fine wit us until that Boro thug used his leg as a kicking dummy.

True, and he didn't look the same player after that and the loan was a disaster, he made just one league appearance!

Shame, he playing for some club in Serie B (Brazil) now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Does anyone remember the player 'Dodo' we were linked with a few years back, Brazilian Left Back for Corinthians? He signed for AS Roma today/yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Didn't realise Fletch was on Twitter also

https://twitter.com/#!/DarrenFletcher_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Mars Bar wrote: »

Ben Hibbs just said its fake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

seems to have plenty of time on his hands too.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

It's definitely fake.

It seemed fairly convincing. Pic with envelopes for autographs and all that shiz. Why does someone get their kicks out of that?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Darren Fletcher ‏@DarrenFletcher_
    I want to cum on painted toe-nails #SexyFeet

Yep, I think it's safe to say it's fake.

is the Roy Keane twitter one fake?

J. Marston wrote: »
    Yep, I think it's safe to say it's fake.

It has just turned into a proper train wreck in the past 5 minutes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Screw Pogba, we got Powell.

Really excited about him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

bullvine wrote: »
    Does he strike you as someone who uses twitter?

bullvine wrote: »

No official Roy Keane one as far as I'm aware, few fake ones floating about alright

I will ask again, in vain possibly :)

Anybody have any thoughts on Petrucci for the coming season? Would he be better served going for a full seasons loan or maybe staying till christmas then heading on loan? He has the potential for sure, he has been great since he got back to fitness and he always comes across brilliantly when being interviewed.

He probably won't get much time in the first team so I think he would be doing well if he gets to go on loan to a decent footballing team in the Championship maybe and getting to play at a better standard then reserve team football to see how he gets on, could have a little gem there too.

No official Roy Keane one as far as I'm aware, few fake ones floating about alright

Course not but the one I seen seemed like it didnt have any BS in it, I will dig it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

I will ask again, in vain possibly :)

Anybody have any thoughts on Petrucci for the coming season?

I've seen nothing of him, but I'll give you my thoughts since you asked nicely.

Like most footballers, Petrucci has two legs, two arms, a torso and a head. His eyes could be better, and his chin is a bit pointy for my liking, but all in all, he looks like a footballer (emphasis on having two legs). I think Petrucci is Italian. For that reason alone, I would be shocked if it emerged that he was actually French, or Spanish or even Dutch while we're at it. I'm almost certain Fergie sees him as an Italian which is all that matters. Fun fact - did you know Italy is major exporter of non-ferrous metals? Petrucci, being Italian, almost certainly knows this.

His name is very nice, and has an almost calming effect if you say it to yourself quietly over and over (especially pronouncing it Dah-vid rather than Day-vid). It's often said that Edgar Allen Poe's favourite phrase was "cellar door", phonaestethically speaking. Well, I'm sure if he was about today, he'd quite enjoy saying the name of our young Italian on repeat.

I'd have preferred you didn't answer at all bud :)

Ok, lets get back to talking about players we don't have then and how great or crap they are I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

anybody have the full extract of the interview today?

surprised at this whole pogba thing, makes no sense at all....f*cking agent has caused all of this and im really surprised that it was left go to this.

however, is it not a bit strange that Juve have announced nothing about this? maybe fergie is doing what he did to Rooney and taking the young lad on in the media?

would be some laugh and come down for Pogba if that deal has fallen through.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

RobHarris:
    BREAKING: Manchester United files with US government to list shares on the New York Stock Exchange

• Advertisement

Good article here http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1245881-manchester-united-transfer-rumours-axel-witsel-ideal-move-for-midfield-makeover

Witsel has completely slipped my mind, would not be opposed to him at all

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement