Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Werent Utd linked with him last summer as well?

Yea its not the first time we've been linked to him but there is no basis for it, also, with Xavi getting older now he will more than likely feature more and more.

I'd love us to be interested in him as i think hes a really nice player but I think its just bull**** journalism to fill space, in the article itself the image of the player is bigger than the rest of the article...

Here it is if anyone wants...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Fenix wrote: »
    Yea its not the first time we've been linked to him but there is no basis for it, also, with Xavi getting older now he will more than likely feature more and more.

I'd love us to be interested in him as i think hes a really nice player but I think its just bull**** journalism to fill space, in the article itself the image of the player is bigger than the rest of the article...

Here it is if anyone wants...

Of course it is 100% complete and utter bullshít. The Daily Mail haven't a clue. They pluck names out of a hat and then match them up with a team.

After they reported that Jong Il-Gwan had a 60% chance of moving to Newcastle I've lost whatever minimal respect I had for them. I'd sooner trust a drunk hobo to tell me about transfer deals than I would them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2155866/Transfer-latest-Luiz-Adriano-Tottenham-Liverpool-eye-Victor-Moses-Newcastle-target-Jong-Il-Gwan.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

So what's the story with Fabio? Looks like QPR want him on loan now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Keno 92 wrote: »

If they play him it could be good for him . Look at Kyle Walker he had a great loan there .

If they play him it could be good for him . Look at Kyle Walker he had a great loan there .

Yeah. Would be better keeping him in the PL too as opposed to shipping him off to Benfica.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Wouldn't be opposed to that really, as long as he was going to play regularly I don't really mind where he goes tbh, would be handy for us to be able to see him on a more regular basis also and give him proper experience of the premier league too.

All that matters to me for his loan is that he plays :)

Gladly mate, it's a shame though, quite enjoyed some of your posts, few and far between though they've become. G'luck.

OT, see the Daily Fail have now linked us to Thiago Alcantara from Barca, I wont bother linking as its just bull****, though the headline reads "United eye Barcelona starlet Thiago as Modric hunt continues." Do they just pick a name out of a hat then that of a club from another ?

Hopefully the thread will be more enjoyable for you now.

No chance of us getting Thiago, he is a super player and no way Barca will want rid of him. I thought the possibility of getting him on loan might have been realistic last year, but even that is not really a possibility now, Keida leaving means there will be more opportunities for him there this year, and there is Xavi getting older too, though for the style of game he plays he can probably continue at a high level for a few seasons yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Keita isn't leaving.

G.K. wrote: »
    Keita isn't leaving.

For cereal?

I could have sworn Keita was on his way?

Promoting Dos Santos and his role heavily diminished as it was, heard he was 90% sure to be leaving anyway, where did you hear that he is staying now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Vilanova said it, is what I heard.

• Advertisement

G.K. wrote: »
    Vilanova said it, is what I heard.

Oh right, fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

QPR can fúck right off. I never want to see us have an affiliation with that awful, awful bottler of a club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

QPR can fúck right off. I never want to see us have an affiliation with that awful, awful bottler of a club.

If they're happy to take Fabio and give him game time, it's to our advantage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Schism wrote: »
    If they're happy to take Fabio and give him game time, it's to our advantage.

If they take Fabio, it will improve their squad. I dont want that to happen. I want them to suffer, and be relegated to the lowest tier of football in as quick a time period as possible. Bankruptcy would also please me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

If they take Fabio, it will improve their squad. I dont want that to happen. I want them to suffer, and be relegated to the lowest tier of football in as quick a time period as possible. Bankruptcy would also please me.

Fair enough, I won't argue with you!

I'd just like to see Fabio getting game time and if it's in the Premier League all the better.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Jesus it's a good job ya weren't around in the 70's, 80's or 90's!

You can rest safe in the knowledge that Fabio alone won't be enough to keep them up if he does go there, he certainly won't be the deciding factor :)

Game time in the PL would be great for him, if he is going there to be part of the squad I am against it, ala Macheda, if he is going there to be part of the team I welcome it tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Because City beat them on the last day of the season?
    Bit harsh if that's the case. QPR put in one of thier best performances of the season that day apart from the last 5 minutes. If you should hate any team it should be Everton for not knowing teams don't score 4 at Old Trafford

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Wow, that is the complete opposite of how I imagined him.

It's pretty much exactly how I would have imagined him in the off season. Sitting around outside someone's gaff, probably back home, having a few drinks with his mates. None of that paparazzi whoring, cristal drinking, in-spot frequenting nonsense from him. Hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Felexicon wrote: »
    Because City beat them on the last day of the season?
    Bit harsh if that's the case. QPR put in one of thier best performances of the season that day apart from the last 5 minutes. If you should hate any team it should be Everton for not knowing teams don't score 4 at Old Trafford

I'd say it's to do with the way they've run the club the last few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Tony, some man for the sessions.

scaled.php?tn=0&server=861&filename=stqqs.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Is that Palacios???? Obviously played together at Wigan

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

tvercetti wrote: »
    Is that Palacios???? Obviously played together at Wigan

Yeah I think so. Those two and I think it was Figaroa were really good buds IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I think the reaction of the QPR fans when Aguero scored was what pissed me off the most as opposed to them conceding twice in the last few minutes.

I think the reaction of the QPR fans when Aguero scored was what pissed me off the most as opposed to them conceding twice in the last few minutes.

What did they do?

Didnt watch the game, was travelling at the time and refused to watch it since

kryogen wrote: »
    What did they do?

I'm honestly still sick to my stomach..

They were QPR fans?

Considering it was so late in the game, maybe they heard the result of the other game and were celebrating that and not the City winner.

Yep, they're all wearing the QPR jersey aswell as blue and white scarves!

tvercetti wrote: »
    Considering it was so late in the game, maybe they heard the result of the other game and were celebrating that and not the City winner.

They could be clearly heard chanting come on city, and the huge cheers and all the rest when City scored?

Fairly disgraceful, Im sure its only a small section of the crowd though. You would hope

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I envy you sir! You escaped a serious dose of emotional torture.

The upside being that having experienced it, I could never possibly feel as bad after a football match again so I should be better prepared to deal with future disappointments of an extreme nature.

Last season had a penchant for extreme disappointments, something we weren't really used to.

6-1 v City and the 4-4 v Everton being the other ones. You could include the Basel game but I wasn't really devastated after that because winning the CL last season was always a long shot even if we got out of the group. I know Chelsea won it in the end, but it took an extraordinary amount of luck for one of Real, Barca and Bayern not to win it.

Overall though, the season had plenty of positives in a strange way. Jones, Smalling, Evans, Rafael, de Gea, Welbeck all young players getting solid seasons under their belts. Rooney reaching 35 goals in all competitions, Valencia establishing himself as a machine, Young having a decent first season, Cleverley showing promise in most of the few games he played. The team reaching 89 points in the league despite half of our midfielders missing for most of the season and our best defender, Vidic, being injured for the majority of it.

They could be clearly heard chanting come on city, and the huge cheers and all the rest when City scored?

Fairly disgraceful, Im sure its only a small section of the crowd though. You would hope

Maybe they meant Stoke City who drew with Bolton in the final game, I really have no idea, just throwing ideas out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Who refers to Stoke as 'City' though? Everyone just calls them Stoke!

I for one, being the sour **** I am, hope we relegate them on the last day of next season, muahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I'm sure if the circumstances were changed and it was us who benefited from a last gasp goal than they'd be gloating to city.

It did appear it was going to be our day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I for one, being the sour **** I am, hope we relegate them on the last day of next season, muahahahaha

I, also being a sour fúck, am hoping it's Sunderland that have to suffer that. They were having a good laugh at United losing the league so it would very sweet to relegate them and have a good laugh at their misery. I'd settle for smashing them home and away though. The players haven't forgotten about it either according to Rooney, he says they'll remember that.

• Advertisement

I did not need to see that. :mad:

I did not need to see that. :mad:

This cheers me up everytime..

2012-March-11-11-58-36.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

The highlight for me from last season was DDG coming good in the second half of the season,I think we have another gem of a keeper,onwards and upwards for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Hadn't seen that qpr fans video before.
    Just brought back how it actually felt-didn't have the game on, but had ssn on, pacing up and down the bloody room. Was on my knees, completely disbelieving, when the panel went mental after Aguero scored.
    Those few minutes were torture, misery...

Was in the car when city fit their first, and I was convinced, along with everyone else, that that was it. Should just have went for a walk when I got home...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ok Twitter time.........

Seems M'villa has to choose between us and Arsenal???
    Fryers to Spurs??

And this....
    iwgUHxSfNZGfG.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

dahat wrote: »
    Ok Twitter time.........

Seems M'villa has to choose between us and Arsenal???
    Fryers to Spurs??

And this....
    iwgUHxSfNZGfG.gif

And I also see that Arsneal are willing to sell Robin Van Persie for 30 millon,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I always remember West ham fans going wild at the end of final whistle when United lost the league in 1995. They also gave Beckham some abuse after his sending off in WC in 1998 when we visited Upton Park in one the first games that coming season.

Never forgot that and still love beating them.

Even in cup final in 2006 I was going for Liverpool over them.

I hate (could use stronger word) West Ham.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

This ABU attitude of many fans shouldnt come as a shock to you! It's actually a good thing, it's a biproduct of our success fueled by jealousy

It only makes it all the sweeter when we bounce back and turn the tables. I'll be lookIng forward to QPR this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

This ABU attitude of many fans shouldnt come as a shock to you! It's actually a good thing, it's a biproduct of our success fueled by jealousy

It only makes it all the sweeter when we bounce back and turn the tables. I'll be lookIng forward to QPR this season.

Thats true I guess. I suppose the day that fans dont care about how United play will be more a worry to me and you.

Still though it always gives me nice smile when see team like West Ham get relegated.

Thats true I guess. I suppose the day that fans dont care about how United play will be more a worry to me and you.

Still though it always gives me nice smile when see team like West Ham get relegated.

Success breeds contempt and United have had a ridiculous amount of success the past couple of decades, with alot of clubs fans this has led to a massive amount of bitter toward the club, but as has been said, the day the ABU's stop hating the club and stop caring how the team does is the day I will worry :)

Kinda like how I don't actually care about the scousers anymore as they are simply not a threat at this stage, if they become one again my dislike of them will grow again Im sure.

Only teams I despise are Leeds, West Ham, City and Rangers tbh (and I don't even like Celtic really)

And I also see that Arsneal are willing to sell Robin Van Persie for 30 millon,

Who do they have lined up to replace him? Say they are cracking that he has had such a poor tournament if they had intended to sell him, wonder if United will follow up on the reported interest we showed, my guess is no, and tbh we wouldnt be able to afford the wages City would offer anyway.

M'Vila I wouldnt mind stealing from under their noses however

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Think Fabio to QPR is a great move. Think he'll get some proper game time and come back and be first choice United full-back. Allows us time to phase Evra out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Small quote from Rene Meulensteen on Kagawa;
    United’s first-team coach Rene Meulensteen said: "He gets behind the opposition in midfield which means that he can help in possession or be direct in moving forward.

He can create chances and he can score goals.

He’s got the complete package of what you would want from an attacking midfielder."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'm starting to get pretty worried we're going to try offload Nani in order to pay for our transfers this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

Didn't Sunderland fans do something similar in front of utd players on pitch?

Edit: Rooney quotes here http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/23225/7775142/Rooney-s-Sunderland-sickener

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement