Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

What ever came of the 'paching' claims from the time we signed Pogba? Im trying to confirm whether I should get the feeling of irony in Fergie complaining about Juve having signed him months ago.

i dont think fergie has any issues with juve and he has not complained about them. i think his gripe is with the player and the agent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

awh no, Valencia gets the no.7 :( Why didn't he give it to Nani!!!!!Jesus Navas is the exact same player as Valencia.

Also on Pogba, people are saying he'll be a star. Can't be that good if he couldn't even start one game for Utd yet.And most stars these days are making their mark at 19 or 20 or even earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Samich wrote: »
    awh no, Valencia gets the no.7 :( Why didn't he give it to Nani!!!!!Jesus Navas is the exact same player as Valencia.

Because Val wanted it and deserved it.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Because Val wanted it and deserved it.

ehh why? Had a good run of form at the end of the season.

I'd rather have a fully fit fletcher in my team than Valencia.

ehh why? Had a good run of form at the end of the season.

End of season? He's been a brilliant player for us over his career in a United shirt. He started off poorly this season but finished up as one of our best players this season. I don't think he has been given it on the basis of one season. Don't get me wrong, Nani deserved it too. But to disregard Valencia as someone who has deserved the #7 is foolish imo.
    I'd rather have a fully fit fletcher in my team than Valencia.

I don't really get this. Both are two totally different players. We have a lack of CM's but if we had a load of cm's and a real lack of wingers you would be saying the opposite. You can't condemn Valencia because we have fucked up with signings (and in the Fletcher case just unlucky) in the middle of the park.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    End of season? He's been a brilliant player for us over his career in a United shirt. He started off poorly this season but finished up as one of our best players this season. I don't think he has been given it on the basis of one season. Don't get me wrong, Nani deserved it too. But to disregard Valencia as someone who has deserved the #7 is foolish imo.

I don't really get this. Both are two totally different players. We have a lack of CM's but if we had a load of cm's and a real lack of wingers you would be saying the opposite. You can't condemn Valencia because we have fucked up with signings (and in the Fletcher case just unlucky) in the middle of the park.

Hmmm you can still choose one player over the other if they're completely different players.

Who would you rather in your team, Evra or Messi? Can't choose, different players?

I still think Nani is far superior on the right than Valenica and Young is good on the left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

awh no, Valencia gets the no.7 :( Why didn't he give it to Nani!!!!!

Coz Nani wants no.17 and Valencia wants no.7.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Can't be that good if he couldn't even start one game for Utd yet.

Why do people continue to come out with this nonsense?

Hmmm you can still choose one player over the other if they're completely different players.

Who would you rather in your team, Evra or Messi? Can't choose, different players?

I still think Nani is far superior on the right than Valenica and Young is good on the left.

You are just going into over the top hypothetical's now trying to justify your argument. Evra or Messi is not the same as Fletcher or Valencia, even though they are both absurd and totally unjustified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

AZ7fa.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Coz Nani wants no.17 and Valencia wants no.7.

And Nani has been giving off the impression he may want to leave. Why would we give him the coveted No.7 over someone who's attitude is top notch not to mention his abudence of ability ?

Valencia deserves it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

And Nani has been giving off the impression he may want to leave. Why would we give him the coveted No.7 over someone who's attitude is top notch not to mention his abudence of ability ?

Valencia deserves it.

I get the impression he wants to stay and that the agents and the club are just playing hardball with one another. He has two years on his contract so I think he'll definitely be staying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Valencia deserves it.

Valencia does deserve the number, no question.

I just hope the club don't hardball Nani away. Lately i get nervous over contract renewals.

Losing Nani would be an absolute disaster unless there is a marquee signing coming in, and even then I would be gutted to see him leave. We have very few individual match winners left and Nani is one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Quandary wrote: »
    . Lately i get nervous over contract renewals.

I hear ya.

Things are gone so bad is like waiting on exam results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Hopefully Nani signs another contract. He'd be very, very difficult to replace.

In other news, Van Persie isn't extending his contract with Arsenal. I wonder how long it'll be until we're linked with him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Hopefully Nani signs another contract. He'd be very, very difficult to replace.

In other news, Van Persie isn't extending his contract with Arsenal. I wonder how long it'll be until we're linked with him?

We already have;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Looks like Van Persie isn't renewing his contract. Cheeky bid?

:pac:

We already have;).

I meant after this news. There's no need for him here but I'm sure the Daily Mail will find a way to have him sign. Possibly Rooney to PSG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

I would be shocked if we are not in for him.
    I doubt City is an option with the choices they have.
    Im sure we can match any offer that Juve put in for him.

Madrid to me seems like it makes the most sense although Benzema wouldn't be too happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Berbatov plus £4 million. How about it, Arsenal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

J. Marston wrote: »
    Looks like Van Persie isn't renewing his contract. Cheeky bid?

:pac:

if RVP is leaving arsenal because he doesn't agree with how they're moving forward, i wouldn't imagine he could be that excited about how United are doing same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

We don't need RVP. Rooney offers a whole lot more and I doubt RVP will be happy sitting on the bench.

RGDATA! wrote: »
    if RVP is leaving arsenal because he doesn't agree with how they're moving forward, i wouldn't imagine he could be that excited about how United are doing same.

Don't ya know that we're gonna have a hundred million euros in a while. That's more than Arsenal have ever had lol.

We don't need RVP. Rooney offers a whole lot more and I doubt RVP will be happy sitting on the bench.

I got viciously attacked (in a verbal sense) by friends for saying that Rooney is a better all round player than Van Persie. Some people genuinely seem to think that goals are everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

I got viciously attacked (in a verbal sense) by friends for saying that Rooney is a better all round player than Van Persie. Some people genuinely seem to think that goals are everything.
    Last season Van Persie got twice as many assists as Rooney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

RGDATA! wrote: »

Yeah winning 4 league in 6 years must be a bad record then and losing other 2 on last day of the season. I find it very hard to find a club who are as consistent as us domestically (top 4 or 5 leagues).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Buying RVP would be cool and all but seriously, expensively adding to an area in which we are already very well stocked would be crazy. Even if we got RVP for 20m, it would be 20m taken away from the fund to fill in that massive massive hole in midfield.

I'd be shocked if he went for 20m I think be more like 10-15m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Rochey18 wrote: »
    I'd be shocked if he went for 20m I think be more like 10-15m

Didn't Young and Nasri go for like 16 & 18 million in their last season too ? Rvp is worth way more than them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Didn't Young and Nasri go for like 16 & 18 million in their last season too ? Rvp is worth way more than them

Van Persie is older, said he wants to leave and has a history of injuries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Park + 5million,fancy that Wenger?:P

Arsenal need to shift him quickly,City must be solid fav's to get him though not really worried tbh as there is no way he will stay injury free this season coming especially after a Euro campagin.

Never mind RVP, Jack the lad get him off the titanic.

Wolf Club wrote: »
    Last season Van Persie got twice as many assists as Rooney.

And the season before that Rooney had more assists than RVP.

I was saying that Rooney is a better player in the sense that he can play almost anywhere on the pitch. I highly doubt that Van Persie can. Stick Rooney at RB and he'd do well. He'd do well in CB as well. He has natural defensive instincts that not many others have. Having said all that I hope he never plays there.

Van Persie is a no for me. He's 29 in a months time, and he has a history of injuries. Not worth the gamble when we have a better player in his position.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Next season we should go for Wilshere as Arsenal are losing quality player every season :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

If I was RVP I wouldnt come near Man U, they are in the same boat as Arsenal, a declining club, Man City, maby Chelsea would be my only english choice.

VP is due an injury next season. He dodged the injury fairy last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

The idea that with our debt we're in for Van Persie is laughable. Not a hope in hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

TheTownie wrote: »
    Singapore was abandoned because their stock exchange went into turmoil (More so than the others are currently in). F1's IPO is currently delayed because of it. Apparently 5 other big IPO's are on hold too (Probably not including Utd). Made sense for Utd to look elsewhere.

Hong Kong was never an option because of their strict rules on company structure.

London wasn't a viable option either as the IPO structure the Glazers are pursuing isn't popular in the UK. Others reason too that I can't think of right now.

I think its a bit simplistic to say the US is plan B/C as external forces dictate a lot of this.

The $100M figure is just to allow for the filing of the IPO. Their target will be much higher. How good/bad they do will obviously depend on the share price their looking for i.e. their valuation of Utd.

How is the fact that this kind of IPO is commonplace in the US not relevent? Thats like saying the fact that this kind of IPO is uncommon in London is irrelevant. Of course B shares are more attractive but the this kind of IPO has proven in the past to be successful. If you were to launch an IPO like this in London it would die on its arse. That doesn't guarantee it will be a success in the US but at least their is a history of success with such a structure.

So going to the US is not plan A yet it is somehow not plan B either, ok.

Thank you but I do not need this spelled out for me, I have a pretty good grasp of the situation with the information we know right now. You seem to be under the impression I am confused about something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

NinjaK wrote: »
    If I was RVP I wouldnt come near Man U, they are in the same boat as Arsenal, a declining club, Man City, maby Chelsea would be my only english choice.

RVP.. IS THAT YOU???//

Can't see arsenal selling, they would be just as well off keeping him, at the wages he is on and letting him go for free then to have to try to replace him for next season, it will give them a whole other year to prepare a replcement also.

He is not really needed at United, would not be happy to be on the left or the bench and as long as Rooney is there he will be the main man. If Wilshire could come back to full fitness and show that he was still the same player I'd love him at the club alright, excellent defensie minded midfielder who can go forward also. Great all round ability

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

kryogen wrote: »
    So going to the US is not plan A yet it is somehow not plan B either, ok.

Thank you but I do not need this spelled out for me, I have a pretty good grasp of the situation with the information we know right now. You seem to be under the impression I am confused about something.

Fine call it plan B if it that what you want to call it but for me that makes it sound like launching in the US is worse than launching in Singapore hence why I said what I said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Is the attitude with this that if you say it enough, it will happen?

Been hearing this for about 12 years now. Still waiting.

Fine call it plan B if it that what you want to call it but for me that makes it sound like launching in the US is worse than launching in Singapore hence why I said what I said.

I am not necessarily calling it worse, I am simply saying that when they analysed this in the first place they decided that Singapore would be the best option, now due to the volatile markets there it is no longer the best option.

If they think the US market is now the best then that's fair enough, its their call and I am sure they are far more qualified then any of us to judge these things, I would certainly hope so anyway!

It was the plan B because it was not plan A, thats all.

They had intended to raise up to $1billion from the Singapore float, that figure has been publicly reduced to $100million for the US one, I have said I believe they will get more, but not enough to clear the debt completely now. (I also don't think they would have managed to raise $1billion from the Singapore stock exchange either of course)

It is a good thing for the club, and a positive sign that they have shown they want to pay the debt down.

If anyone is following Piers Morgan on Twitter then have a look at his page now. He's going into full meltdown mode at the moment. The stuff he's coming out with is priceless. The best one was probably his claim that Karim Benzema is "past it".

He's blowing the lid at the Chief Executive as well, and wants him to resign if he sells him to City.

Thank fúck we don't have any clowns as supporters like him (that I'm aware of anyway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

certainly there is a case to be made for that - but anyone with sense would take a look at the potential of the IPO; if that is a success United will possibly be debt free in 3 months, with more revenue coming into the club than virtually anyone else which means we have the potential to destroy any club in the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

kryogen wrote: »
    I am not necessarily calling it worse, I am simply saying that when they analysed this in the first place they decided that Singapore would be the best option, now due to the volatile markets there it is no longer the best option.

If they think the US market is now the best then that's fair enough, its their call and I am sure they are far more qualified then any of us to judge these things, I would certainly hope so anyway!

It was the plan B because it was not plan A, thats all.

They had intended to raise up to $1billion from the Singapore float, that figure has been publicly reduced to $100million for the US one, I have said I believe they will get more, but not enough to clear the debt completely now. (I also don't think they would have managed to raise $1billion from the Singapore stock exchange either of course)

It is a good thing for the club, and a positive sign that they have shown they want to pay the debt down.

Grand, I understand your intent better now. I'll leave it at that as arguing the validity of using term "plan B" any longer would just be trying to be pedantic. :P

I agree they wouldn't have hit the $1B figure. That was for 30% of share too. Ridiculous valuation of the club. Although I'm not aware what percentage of shares are available for this $100M. Could still put Utd at an unrealistic valuation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

He's lost it completely - funny as hell - this was my fave of em all though!

paddypower ‏@paddypower

@piersmorgan How do you feel about Robin van Persie being promoted from the Man City reserve team to the first team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Grand, I understand your intent better now. I'll leave it at that as arguing the validity of using term "plan B" any longer would just be trying to be pedantic. :P

I agree they wouldn't have hit the $1B figure. That was for 30% of share too. Ridiculous valuation of the club. Although I'm not aware what percentage of shares are available for this $100M. Could still put Utd at an unrealistic valuation.

United are not actually looking for 100million. the reports on this have been either incomplete or misleading.

In order to list, listing fees have to be paid. They are calculated as a percentage of the listing value. the 100million value in the document is simply the very least United are looking for, and forms the basis for the listing fees.

The value United are placing on the club, and how much they are looking for, is still unknown, but you can be sure they are aiming a lot higher than $100million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,395 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Looking at it logically, Forbes values the club at $2.2bn and 30% of that is roughly $730m, now the shares that go up will be less value than this I reckon so they should be looking at hopefully around $500m I'd say. This is obviously a very simplistic view of it though and I have no knowledge of how this will work...

• Advertisement

If anyone is following Piers Morgan on Twitter then have a look at his page now. He's going into full meltdown mode at the moment. The stuff he's coming out with is priceless. The best one was probably his claim that Karim Benzema is "past it".

He's blowing the lid at the Chief Executive as well, and wants him to resign if he sells him to City.

Thank fúck we don't have any clowns as supporters like him (that I'm aware of anyway).

I pissed myself when I saw Linkeker tweet him " Theres always Chamakh"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement