Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Zeki is gone it seems. Fee to be decided by tribunal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Zeki is gone it seems. Fee to be decided by tribunal.

Spurs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

That's what Goal.com are reporting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Sad state of affairs in the reserves/youth team tbh

I'll pin this on Rooney again, he has a lot to answer for :)

• Advertisement

This is all Fergie has said about Fryers, isnt exactly positive
    Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is unsure about the present position on Zeki Fryers’ contract negotiations.

Fryers has has been offered a new contract but has yet to inform United of his decision.

"We haven't heard anything from Zeki Fryers," said Ferguson.

"I don't know what's happening there but he's not been in touch with the club. His agent hasn't been in touch with the club and I can only assume he'll be back for training."

But the press could be latching on to it and adding their own ****e to it too. Possibly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

the thing is lads, unless these lads who come all the way through the ranks are absolute superstars, they dont have a chance of making it at united once their youth career is over.

Fryers is no super star. he is not the first nor wont be the last player to go by the wayside.

with the emergance of city buying all around them, youth football just will not get the chance to develop at the top clubs as much as it used to.

Reports that Hull are close to agreeing a deal with Ben Amos

I agree, I don't think Fryers was going to be our left back in the future or anything, but the way the club is losing players is a slight worry for me (if he also goes like this)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Well if Fryers leaves and with Fabio on loan, it's pretty much 100% guaranteed that we'll be signing a RB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I dont mind young players leaving, but it should be when United say so, and not them. The likes of Fryers and Pogba should not be demanding anything. They've proven nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Well if Fryers leaves and with Fabio on loan, it's pretty much 100% guaranteed that we'll be signing a RB.

A LB even :)

If we do keep losing players from the youth system like this, it's going to hurt.

We can't say we're not disappointed about losing Pogba and Morrison can we?
    I don't think Fryers was going to be our long term LB anyway.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    A LB even :)

If we do keep losing players from the youth system like this, it's going to hurt.

We can't say we're not disappointed about losing Pogba and Morrison can we?
    I don't think Fryers was going to be our long term LB anyway.

Its this that bothers me, United make a good bit of money from selling the youth products, obviously not massive amounts on each transfer or anything, but it is a key part of the business model to sell off the players who are not going to be good enough for the first team and to make profit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Not sure if its been mentioned yet but Rafael has been included in Brazil's Olympic squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Blatter wrote: »
    Not sure if its been mentioned yet but Rafael has been included in Brazil's Olympic squad.

Will he have a chance of starting? With Alves not making the final cut his chances have increased, surely?

Think it was mentioned a while ago alright, he got himself back into the senior squad toward the end of the season so I would not bet against him starting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Yea I had a google of a few of the boys that made the squad as well and a lot of them seem to be LBs. It'd be great to see him getting to start. Would be a great start to the season if he managed to get some silverware as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I'm not too sure. Rafael started right back in Brazil's last game against Argentina but Danilo started there for the three previous games, so I suppose he'd be favourite to get the nod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Thanks for the memories, Zeki...

fryerst2cbf.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭macslash

http://www.manutd.com/en/Players-And-Staff/First-Team.aspx?pageNo=2

Why is Pogba still listed on manutd.com? Under the 1st team...No sign of Fryers there though :confused:

• Advertisement

macslash wrote: »
    http://www.manutd.com/en/Players-And-Staff/First-Team.aspx?pageNo=2

Why is Pogba still listed on manutd.com? Under the 1st team...No sign of Fryers there though :confused:

Yay! Bebe is still there!

Could be a few things, for instance, there has been no official confirmation he has left, just Fergie saying that as far as he knows he has signed with Juventus? That the most official thing to have been said?

Could just be an error

Ben Amos is apparently on his way to Hull and he is listed also so maybe they just update once a week or so?

Fabio is also there for instance.

And one other thing, Fryers is listed as a reserve player :D

http://www.manutd.com/en/Players-And-Staff/Players-And-Staff-Search-Results.aspx?search=Type+Keyword&teamid=reserves

And so is Pogba! Pogbax2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭macslash

kryogen wrote: »

Could be a few things, for instance, there has been no official confirmation he has left, just Fergie saying that as far as he knows he has signed with Juventus? That the most official thing to have been said?

Could just be an error

Ben Amos is apparently on his way to Hull and he is listed also so maybe they just update once a week or so?

Fabio is also there for instance.

And one other thing, Fryers is listed as a reserve player :D

http://www.manutd.com/en/Players-And-Staff/Players-And-Staff-Search-Results.aspx?search=Type+Keyword&teamid=reserves

And so is Pogba! Pogbax2

Yup! you're right, I think its just slow to update..it was the same last year, and I noticed Fabio hasn't the loan tag on his pic too...

they got rid of a heap of players from the 1st team page..Johnstone and a few others were there from last season - I suppose whoever gets involved in matchday squads get bumped up for a whileen! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Whats the story with our fave impulse buy now? will he be loaned out again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Are United turning into a feeder club? Because with these young lads that have left recently, you wouldn't blame anyone for thinking so. Looking back at the worst injury riddled season they probably ever had, I can't see why the likes of Pogba didn't get some more first team run outs. He was the one guy I was hoping they'd hang on to. A little contract sweetener for a player his age, could have saved the club millions in the long term and started him on a 12 - 15 year spell in the first team.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Reports that Hull are close to agreeing a deal with Ben Amos

Loan isn't it? If so it will good to see how he copes with championship football. But we will have only 2 GKs in the squad, so maybe someone like Johnstone will be promoted?

Whats the story with our fave impulse buy now? will he be loaned out again?

I would think so yeah, another loan with a view to a permanent move or a straight transfer if one can be found.

http://www.click-manchester.com/sport/manchester-united/1216515-bebe-still-has-manchester-united-future.html
    According to reports Manchester United youngster Bebe can still make it at Old Trafford.

The Portugal Under-21 international was farmed out to Besiktas last season but the move failed to work out.

Bebe has since returned to United and it was widely expected that he would leave the club this summer.

However, talkSPORT claims United’s management maintains its belief in Bebe's potential.

It is understood they want to give the 21-year-old every chance to succeed and will let him spend another season on loan - likely to be in the Championship.

Other links on loan rumours

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/256039/Bebe-aims-to-be-loan-star/
    http://www.premiershiptalk.com/2012/06/06/united-to-loan-out-midfielder/

Its actually amazing to think there was interest in him from Real Madrid around the time United signed him! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,402 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Its actually amazing to think there was interest in him from Real Madrid around the time United signed him! :D

Yeah, it is amazing that Jorge Mendes' client Mourinho was touted as having an interest in Jorge Mendes' client Bebe around the time Jorge Mendes' got a massive fee for helping to sell Bebe just two days after signing him as a client.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Loan isn't it? If so it will good to see how he copes with championship football. But we will have only 2 GKs in the squad, so maybe someone like Johnstone will be promoted?

Been linked with a young keeper from Atletico (again :)) Rodrigo Alvarez
    Atletico Madrid goalkeeper Rodrigo Alvarez looks set to follow David De Gea to Manchester United.

Reports in Spain claim United have snapped up the 18-year-old.

Sir Alex Ferguson’s brother Martin has been tracking Alvarez since January and the deal is expected to be officially announced by Manchester United in January.

Alvarez, on his personal Twitter account, has “MUFC. Busby Babe” suggesting the keeper feels the deal is all but done.

He is expected to be part of United’s reserve squad next season but there are high hopes he will challenge De Gea for a spot in the first team.

Also a very watery link to Rodrigo Moreno
    http://www.click-manchester.com/sport/manchester-united/1216543-manchester-united,-arsenal-and-real-madrid-on-alert-as-rodrigo-seeks-benfica-exit.html

Been linked to a few of the young Madrid players also, some serious talent in Castilla but it is highly doutbful we will get any of it :)

Been linked with a young keeper from Atletico (again :)) Rodrigo Alvarez

I thought it was confirmed by ManUtd staff that there is not player by that name and we didn't sign anyone? :confused:

It was all just some random twitter news without any substance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

I don't think that keeper really exists tbh . No one at A.Madrid heard about him

Yeah, it is amazing that Jorge Mendes' client Mourinho was touted as having an interest in Jorge Mendes' client Bebe around the time Jorge Mendes' got a massive fee for helping to sell Bebe just two days after signing him as a client.

Oh yeah! Forgot the timeline there :D

I thought it was confirmed by ManUtd staff that there is not player by that name and we didn't sign anyone? :confused:

That's what it appears to be alright, I haven't exactly gone digging into it just put up the reports about it :) Has it been confirmed he doesn't even exist? That would be brilliant!

Twitter is a monster!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

That's what it appears to be alright, I haven't exactly gone digging into it just put up the reports about it :) Has it been confirmed he doesn't even exist? That would be brilliant!

Twitter is a monster!

Twitter is saying that bwin will be our new sponsor from 2013

Lads from now on when we mention anything or any rumour, can ye either quote the tweet with the writers name or just mention who is saying it?

• Advertisement

Lads from now on when we mention anything or any rumour, can ye post either quote the tweet with the writers name or just mention who is saying it?
    no problem, its probably for the best

Lads from now on when we mention anything or any rumour, can ye either quote the tweet with the writers name or just mention who is saying it?

That is a pretty good idea actually, especially regarding Twitter, it would be even easier to spot patterns for accounts with good info and bad info that way.

weve started bidding for Moutinho according to the times.....
    Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes
    And there's no link to it just yet, but #mufc have tabled a £20m bid for Joao Moutinho. Porto want something around £26m.

Wouldn't be my first choice, and I expect he wouldn't be United's first choice either, but I would be very happy to see him at United next season. Himself and Carrick supporting Nani, Kagawa, Valencia and Rooney.... very tasty looking.

the problem is, theres not alot of available "choice" out there is there?

its great saying we want this lad and that lad, but the reality is for every 5 players that are mentioned, 4 of them probably have no intention or ever moving to united no matter how rich or poor we are or even more to the point, leaving their own country or club.

Martinez is the dream united signing, but we will never get him. likewise id love de rossi, but again its not going to happen. if we had those 2, i would be very confident that our long running midfield problems are solved and we would once again be a force in europe.

• Advertisement

That is a pretty good idea actually, especially regarding Twitter, it would be even easier to spot patterns for accounts with good info and bad info that way.

Yeah but the problem is there are few people like me who use access boards.ie from office and twitter site is banned. So I can recall some tweets but not the exact user name or the user.

I just couldn't see him costing less then 30mil, and same as Mitch he would not be my first choice, and for the money surely there could be someone better?

Would be a nice addition to have to the team, but he does not represent the fabled value that Fergie is always looking for

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Moutinho (like Modric) would give the option of a two or three man midfield. So I would be very happy with him (or a player like him) joining.

Who is Carricks back up now, Jones or Anderson maybe? He can't play every game and nearly every team set up I consider has him in it since Fletcher is out.

Manchester United have bought 16 year old Sean goss from Exeter for 100k

Source BBC and SSN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Wouldn't be my first choice, and I expect he wouldn't be United's first choice either, but I would be very happy to see him at United next season. Himself and Carrick supporting Nani, Kagawa, Valencia and Rooney.... very tasty looking.

Definately wouldn't be my first choice either, a good euros doesn't make a good player, we've been stung by that before.

I'd nearly rather us keep our £20 and take a chance on a better CM than sign him to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I have an irrational dislike of Moutinho :confused:
    Don't know how it came about,I think I may have perceived him to be a bit up himself and cocky for some reason.

He has turned out to be a better player than I imagined he would tbh.
    If I could get over that weird thing about him I would be happy enough to see him at the club.
    I reckon that's about as marquee and exciting a signing as we are going to get these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Definately wouldn't be my first choice either, a good euros doesn't make a good player, we've been stung by that before.

I'd nearly rather us keep our £20 and take a chance on a better CM than sign him to be honest
    To be fair, he would be a bargain for £20.:pac:

Adamcp898 wrote: »

Who though? That is the issue.

Modric? I reckon there is interest but if Real want him good chance we miss out.

Martinez? If he does leave Athletic I reckon it would be to Barcelona.

De Rossi? I would be a fan, but reckon City would go in hard if it looks like he is moving.

Schweinsteiger? No chance of getting him.

Sahin? I'd certainly take a punt on him if he was available - could play beside Carrick or instead of him.

As Homer points out, there aren't exactly a mountain of top class CMs we can pick from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

At least it's not Veloso anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Who though? That is the issue.

Modric? I reckon there is interest but if Real want him good chance we miss out.

Martinez? If he does leave Athletic I reckon it would be to Barcelona.

De Rossi? I would be a fan, but reckon City would go in hard if it looks like he is moving.

Schweinsteiger? No chance of getting him.

Sahin? I'd certainly take a punt on him if he was available - could play beside Carrick or instead of him.

As Homer points out, there aren't exactly a mountain of top class CMs we can pick from.

Very unlikely considering Sahin doesn't want to leave;
    "Since I arrived here, it has been like living a dream.

It is one of the best clubs in the world, and for this reason I do not see why I should go. I have no intention of leaving."

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement