Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

one of the few good things the c*nt did for us :mad:

He arrived at United about 5 years too soon. He was brilliant from around 2005 to 2010.

It's also possible that the English game just didn't suit him. He won the European Golden Shoe with Villareal the season after he left United. Then he won it again in 2009.

His form in the World Cup was incredible. It was like he was dragging Uruguay towards the final all on his own. The control he had over the ball was amazing. He was the only player there who managed to master the flight of the Jabulani ball, and he was deservedly made player of the tournament.

When I went to Man Utd vs Villa in October of 2002 I think, He scored that day if I remember correctly, Only drew 1-1 though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Sky Sports understands Manchester United defender Ezekiel Fryers has agreed a deal to join Tottenham Hotspur. He ... http://t.co/85oS99gc -- Graeme Bailey (@SkyGraemeBailey)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Many people see Forlan as failure at United, but his goals in 02/03 season were huge.

Equaliser against Villa(1 point), Winner against Southampton (2 Points) 2 goals against Liverpool(3 points) and who can forgot that goal against Chelsea in stoppage time at OT. Had he not scored that goal the league really was in Arsenals hands that season.

IMO that was the kick United needed to go on and win the league.

quality not best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

I don't think he would be good enough for first team football anyway. No loss really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Felexicon wrote: »
    Yes I'm serious.
    And you still haven't answered my question

You want just one name

Faurlin, that enough?

(I'm struggling to believe you really think there are no better players at QPR then Park)

I don't think he would be good enough for first team football anyway. No loss really.

Only problem with it is the money the club will lse out on, and the habit that this is becoming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

When I went to Man Utd vs Villa in October of 2002 I think, He scored that day if I remember correctly, Only drew 1-1 though :P

Hardly this one was it? It's against Villa but it seemed to be 3-0.

The chap scored some amazing goals for us. Of the 17 he did score only a handful were tap ins. He had a good few goal of the season contenders in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Many people see Forlan as failure at United, but his goals in 02/03 season were huge.

Equaliser against Villa(1 point), Winner against Southampton (2 Points) 2 goals against Liverpool(3 points) and who can forgot that goal against Chelsea in stoppage time at OT. Had he not scored that goal the league really was in Arsenals hands that season.

IMO that was the kick United needed to go on and win the league.

quality not best

Veron's pass was as quality! Love that goal!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

kryogen wrote: »
    Only problem with it is the money the club will lse out on, and the habit that this is becoming

Read that we may get upto 4 Million, if so can't really complain. That's as much as we can get for any young player.

Even if it is 2 Million I dont mind.

Will have to wait and see regarding Zeki I guess, don't know how to predict a tribunal outcome in such a way, that would seem alot for a guy with a handful of appearances though. The more the better anyway!

In other news, there are rumours that another Korean players agent is meeting QPR, any chance they got the two mixed up? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Scott the Red ‏@R_o_M
    @LaurenceWyke_96 You won't leave us for £20k a week at Spurs one day, will you? :)

Laurence Wyke ‏@LaurenceWyke_96
    @R_o_M no #mufc all the way

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Felexicon

You want just one name

Faurlin, that enough?
    OK cool. So I'll take it that you don't actually have any opinions to back up your statement. That's fine.

I think Park would easily be a starter in the current QPR team.
    He is a better player than Wright- Phillips, Barton or Taarabt.
    For a player of his experience £5m isn't a bad deal in this day and age. Can't see how he'd do anything other than improve thier squad and give them a better chance of staying in the PL, which at the end of the day will be worth alot more than £5m

Read the question you asked,Read my posts again, or take it whatever way you like love :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Modric off to Real Madrid.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Modric off to Real Madrid.

Been confirmed officially now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Would anyone better want to join QPR though?

Which of thier current midfield do rate higher than Park?
    For serious?
    Yes I'm serious.
    And you still haven't answered my question
    You want just one name

Faurlin, that enough?

(I'm struggling to believe you really think there are no better players at QPR then Park)
    OK cool. So I'll take it that you don't actually have any opinions to back up your statement. That's fine.

For a player of his experience £5m isn't a bad deal in this day and age. Can't see how he'd do anything other than improve thier squad and give them a better chance of staying in the PL, which at the end of the day will be worth alot more than £5m
    Read the question you asked,Read my posts again, or take it whatever way you like love :)
    There you go. You managed to name one player you see as being better than Park, I don't think he is really, if he is it's not by much. Last time I checked Mark Hughes likes to play with more than 1 in midfield so requires more than Faurlin anyway .
    I also asked what type of player QPR could be signing as I can't see many top or even mid level players rushing to join a team that missed out on relegation by another club doing them a favour on the last day of the season.
    But hey, take it whatever way you like love:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

I personally think Wright-Phillips , Mackie and Tarabt are all better than Park on the wing I also think Derry Barton Faurlin and Buzsáky are all better options than park in centre mid .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Faurlin's clearly superior and I'd have Jamie Mackie ahead too.

Tbh Faurlin is one of the most underrapreciated midfielders in the EPL, or was pre-injury anyway.

I don't see what Park offers that Mackie doesn't, plus Mackie is younger and is more of a goal threat.

Park probably would start though for QPR. Better than Wright-Phillips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Sounds to me like one side of this argument doesn't watch too much QPR. Guess which one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

£5 million isn't a bad fee for Park but I think it might be better to hold on to him. He's happy at United and has said he wants to finish his career there. He's good cover to have and doesn't seem to rock the boat. Based on his last season's performance he should be nowhere near the first 11 but if he could recapture his form he could do a job for the team if and when necessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,835 ✭✭✭✭dahat

KH25 wrote: »
    £5 million isn't a bad fee for Park but I think it might be better to hold on to him. He's happy at United and has said he wants to finish his career there. He's good cover to have and doesn't seem to rock the boat. Based on his last season's performance he should be nowhere near the first 11 but if he could recapture his form he could do a job for the team if and when necessary.

His form is well gone and not likely to be recovered at his age,5 million is the equivalent of getting 80 million for Ronaldo,top money

dahat wrote: »
    His form is well gone and not likely to be recovered at his age,5 million is the equivalent of getting 80 million for Ronaldo,top money

Im not disputing the money at all. But what are you basing his form on? Just last season? Just curious really. He was awful last season but I don't see the harm in giving him another chance, even just in say the League Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

80m for Ronaldo doesnt look that good now :(

Im not disputing the money at all. But what are you basing his form on? Just last season? Just curious really. He was awful last season but I don't see the harm in giving him another chance, even just in say the League Cup.

He is on the downgrade as a player,chances are not what a player on the downgrade needs,needs a new start at a lower level and club.

80m for Ronaldo doesnt look that good now :(

Definitely not but I think we sold him at the right time. It was clear that he wanted to leave and Real were willing to pay a huge amount for him. No matter how good a player he was I don't think it'd have been right to drag another season out of him. He could have started mouthing off to the press and all that nonsense.

If he had stayed another season he could have gotten an injury and suddenly his form goes out the window. It has happened plenty of times before. No one is immune to injuries.

The only thing I wish had happened was that another team came in for him and engaged in a bidding war. If PSG had the money at the time it may well have driven the price over £100 million.

• Advertisement

Darren_can on Twitter has suggested that Ando will go if the right offer comes in,how reliable is he?I am new to this twitter malarkey.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Darren_can on Twitter has suggested that Ando will go if the right offer comes in,how reliable is he?I am new to this twitter malarkey.......

He's a good source .

Here you go bro, you missed a few of my posts, so I said I'd share this one with you,
    I didn't say he would not be good enough for QPR, I said he is not a level above anything they have

He is no longer good enough for United, that much is clear to everyone I think.

He would be a decent signing for QPR, but for the money I would highly doubt it, and they are not poor, they can target someone better.

I also give some "opinions" on Park here, which you also must have missed
    No he isnt

He was a very good player to have in the squad, been a good servant over the years, put in some huge performances and scored some great goals.

That is the past however
    , and he is not a level above anything QPR have.

Good or decent? which is it?

He is an average player with no pace, poor touch and can't tackle or shoot really anymore, is poor in the air and falls over more then Bambi on ice.

I would happily pay another club to take him.

Does that help make things clearer?

If you genuinely think Park is a level above, Mackie, Taarabt, Faurlin,Barton, Derry , Buzsaky etc you should probably watch more QPR games rather then thinking you know everything?

Faurlin in particular is an outstanding player

Don't wanna keep going round in circles with you ok

Its signing dependant really and what Fergie intends to do with the younger guys (Petrucci, Tunnicliffe etc.)

If he is not going to be used, he is taking up a squad place and 65k a week which could go to someone else. If he intends to sign nobody and not progress the youth or loan them out, then a body is always handy to have in emergency

My blood pressure will have me bleeding from my ears if a central midfielder is sold!

We need to be buying in that area then worry about selling

Edit: I am pretty sure I have heard this story for the last 2 years anyway though, PSG came closest I think, they won't be back this time so who would he go to? Maybe Sao Paolo would swap Lucas for him

• Advertisement

Its signing dependant really and what Fergie intends to do with the younger guys (Petrucci, Tunnicliffe etc.)

If he is not going to be used, he is taking up a squad place and 65k a week which could go to someone else. If he intends to sign nobody and not progress the youth or loan them out, then a body is always handy to have in emergency

That would be my thinking behind it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Please God go, sick of that waste of space at United. ''He shíts on Fabregas.'' Embarrassing.

Anderson hopefully going and Fletcher looking doubtful. Fergie will be forced to look at midfield.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Scott the Red ‏@R_o_M
    @LaurenceWyke_96 You won't leave us for £20k a week at Spurs one day, will you?

Laurence Wyke ‏@LaurenceWyke_96
    @R_o_M no #mufc all the way

:D

What's this about?

Wyke plays for the United under 15 team :)

Me thinks he has to learn about PR a bit, Rio!?!

Laurence Wyke‏@LaurenceWyke_96

@orgillwqbw6 do one sending me a virus you jewish bellsniff

What's a ''Jewish bellsniff''?

J. Marston wrote: »

Someone who sniffs Jewish bells?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

It's the same as a "Muslim bellsniff", only Jewish.

A Jew who quite likes the smell of bells I would presume?

Someone who sniffs Jewish bells?
    Keno 92 wrote: »
    It's the same as a "Muslim bellsniff", only Jewish.
    A Jew who quite likes the smell of bells I would presume?

Still haven't a clue. I used to be with ''it'', then they changed what ''it'' was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Still haven't a clue. I used to be with ''it'', then they changed what ''it'' was.

grandpa-simpson-yelling-at-cloud.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Keno 92 wrote: »
    grandpa-simpson-yelling-at-cloud.jpg

AlexFergusonClenchedFistApr2012PA.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Fryers going opens up more space for likes of Blackett to progress.

I don't think Zeki had it going forward to be a left back in modern game. Maybe centre half will be his place but he might be a bit small for that???

I really hope Anderson is staying. He will be needed next season and his verstility to play differant roles in midfield should be valued.

the more I think about Park, the more sense it makes for him to go. If he is only going to get minor games he will never get his form back.

Zeki was originally a cb, well it was his preferred position but as you said, height would be an issue there I think. As said, I don't exactly regret him leaving, I just wish he had gone on the clubs terms. You have to wonder why these things seem to be getting more regular?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Park is a liability. £5m is just too much to be true.

Eathrin wrote: »
    Park is a liability. £5m is just too much to be true.

This seems to be the general consensus alright,smashing money and must be taken.

The MUFC Academy‏@mrmujac

Academy News: A number of reports this evening confirming that Ben Amos had joined Hull City on s season long loan...a good move for Ben!

Good move for him, hope he gets plenty of game time

Review United‏@BusbyMUFC

Park replaced on #MUFC tour graphic on http://ManUtd.com with Rooney. A sign that he's leaving perhaps...
    https://twitter.com/BusbyMUFC/status/221311421097582592/photo/1

Anybody mention Rafael's new hair do yet?

be0e72bdfe99da779ac7f9998a3584b9.png?1341605525

Ian Brown?

• Advertisement

One huge positive if Park is genuinely going as is now gathering momentum, a good midfield signing must be coming in!

No way he would be letting Park go if someone was not pretty much sown up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement