Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

kryogen wrote: »
    Success breeds contempt and United have had a ridiculous amount of success the past couple of decades, with alot of clubs fans this has led to a massive amount of bitter toward the club, but as has been said, the day the ABU's stop hating the club and stop caring how the team does is the day I will worry :)

Kinda like how I don't actually care about the scousers anymore as they are simply not a threat at this stage, if they become one again my dislike of them will grow again Im sure.

Only teams I despise are Leeds, West Ham, City and Rangers tbh (and I don't even like Celtic really)

No order, but the teams I dislike the most are West Ham, Chelsea, Man City, Hearts and Bohs.

Liverpool is obvious one missing, but deep down somewhere I have always had a small bit of admiration for the success they have had in over the past 40 years and if being honest their fans have been really good even through the bad times and have mostly still got behind the team. Bar maybe times like Hodgson in charge.

A lot of you want a player with a bit of steal in United jersey next season.

Look no further.

392420_428619077158358_607120110_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Success breeds contempt and United have had a ridiculous amount of success the past couple of decades, with alot of clubs fans this has led to a massive amount of bitter toward the club, but as has been said, the day the ABU's stop hating the club and stop caring how the team does is the day I will worry :)

Kinda like how I don't actually care about the scousers anymore as they are simply not a threat at this stage, if they become one again my dislike of them will grow again Im sure.

Only teams I despise are Leeds, West Ham, City and Rangers tbh (and I don't even like Celtic really)

Poor form. :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

PHB wrote: »
    I'm starting to get pretty worried we're going to try offload Nani in order to pay for our transfers this summer.

If that's the case we are truly ****ed.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

G.K. wrote: »
    Poor form. :pac:

Sorry dude.

Leeds - City - Liverpool.

I'm annoyed that i like a leeds fan at all so, you're doing something right!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Should the thread title not be 12/13?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

shizz wrote: »
    Should the thread title not be 12/13?
    Not until the season starts I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

PHB wrote: »
    I'm starting to get pretty worried we're going to try offload Nani in order to pay for our transfers this summer.

Me too, all these rumours are wrecking my head, it'd be absolute madness to sell him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

If we sell Nani and keep Young I might just throw myself off the nearest bridge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

If we sell Nani and keep Young I might just throw myself off the nearest bridge.

If Nani is wanting too much in the way of wages for his new contract, it might be necessary to get rid, I'd rather he stayed though obviously.... he's class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Sell Nani and buy Bale. Simples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Pj! wrote: »
    Sell Nani and buy Bale. Simples.

LOL

Bale is not in Nani's class yet. He may well get there and possibly even surpass him, but at the moment Nani is a better player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Tottenham will want 30m + for Bale, I doubt Nani would even be sold for that much.

Nani and Valencia are both better than Bale anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Selling Nani would be step in wrong direction. And Nani>Bale, one of the best attacker in the league and on his day unplayable.

It's just Nani and his agent are negotiating the deal, not that they rejected it. Also if I'm not wrong Mendes is his agent who is on very good terms with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

wstm200z.jpg

rumored 3rd it for liverpool. sorry if its a repost

Wrong thread....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Nani is 25. Bale is 22 and not at all far behind him. He will surpass him.

Nani is not as effective playing on the left.

Bale is a hugely talented winger. He's the ultimate professional. And only 22. And British. Fergie would love him.

Would be a huge signing. See Nani (who is himself very good) and spend whatever else it takes.

The next Ryan Giggs. Hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Pj! wrote: »
    Nani is 25. Bale is 22 and not at all far behind him. He will surpass him.

Nani is not as effective playing on the left.

Bale is a hugely talented winger. He's the ultimate professional. And only 22. And British. Fergie would love him.

Would be a huge signing. See Nani (who is himself very good) and spend whatever else it takes.

The next Ryan Giggs. Hopefully.

Nani is two-footed. Can play on either wing. He could even play up front I think, and do a very good job. He has a better eye for a goal. Their crossing is similar I'd say. Nani is more skilful and can get out of a situation far better than Bale.

I'm not doubting Bale's potential but that's what it is at the moment. Nani is one of the best wingers in the world on a consistent basis. Bale was elevated to that status on the back of a performance against Inter Milan. Since then he has shown on a fleeting basis why he should be up there but he's not there yet.

Don't let Sky Sports or Harry make you think that Bale is one of the best in the world. He isn't. He's British and will be a media darling, much like Giggs in his early days.

I wouldn't take Bale over Nani in a million years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Has there been more rumours of Nani being sold?

I can't believe Fergie will let him go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,397 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

If i thought we were going to bring in Bale (AND A CENTRAL MIDFIELDER) after selling Nani - I wouldnt be too annoyed, but I feel it is far more liley we would sell nani and sign some one for 10million, a project, or no one at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I quite dislike Bale. Don't even know why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

baz2009 wrote: »

Here's a few reasons: His monkey head, his stupid heart celebration and he's one of the biggest divers in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

J. Marston wrote: »
    baz2009 wrote: »

Here's a few reasons: His monkey head, his stupid heart celebration and he's one of the biggest divers in the league.

Monkey head!!! Luis Suarez is posing as a reputable poster in the united forum!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Gareth+Bale-Monkeys+Head.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

J. Marston wrote: »

Throw in 'how much Sky Sports jizz over every single touch he makes' and you have one damn annoying player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

If you read the transfer speculation on BBC Text/Interactive, whatever. It says that Nani feels he's being forced out of the club because apparently United are reluctant to give him a new contract..

Also goes onto say that United are interested in Modric and Bale too.

I'd rather keep Nani to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

If you read the transfer speculation on BBC Text/Interactive, whatever. It says that Nani feels he's being forced out of the club because apparently United are reluctant to give him a new contract..

Also goes onto say that United are interested in Modric and Bale too.

I'd rather keep Nani to be honest!

He must be looking for mega bucks. Bale would hardly play just for the good of his health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Skud wrote: »
    Didn't Sunderland fans do something similar in front of utd players on pitch?

Edit: Rooney quotes here http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/23225/7775142/Rooney-s-Sunderland-sickener

I wouldn't know tbh, as I said, I was travelling during the games and have not been able to bring myself to watch since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

That Nani and Ronaldo combination looks good - Fergie should sign them up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Lovely assist by Nani there. Hope he gets sorted out with a new contract soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

nani was very average tonight, yeah he had a good assist but he squandered an awful lot of good opportunities.

• Advertisement

nani was very average tonight, yeah he had a good assist but he squandered an awful lot of good opportunities.

Came through when it counted though didn't he?

Perfect assist for the winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

His general play was good, particularly in the first half, he was key to Portugal taking control of the game. He saw a lot of the ball, kept it simple, won frees and got a couple of good crosses in, Ronaldo coming close with one of them. He controlled the tempo very well, holding up the ball, getting Portugal into advanced positions, drawn in more dutch players, letting them commit and using his quick feet to pass/move.

As the game opened up more in the second half, he had those 10 minutes where he missed a great chance, drove one over with his left and chipped one on top of the net (not sure was it a cross or shot). He definitely should have done better in those instances.

He was far from been "very average", maybe its because he wasn't doing the spectacular, he was keeping things simple.

Am I the only one who still celebrates a Ronaldo goal like if he was still at United?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Am I the only one who still celebrates a Ronaldo goal like if he was still at United?

Nope. I still love Ronny

The counter attacking from Portugal was great to watch

No!

And Im damn proud of it, I was off the couch and doing a lap around the room when he got the winner shouting "Thats how you ****ing finish Nani! Thats how you ****ing finish!!!"

Love the guy, love watching him play

I suppose its for few reasons for me like what I saw him do to get out of his way to a fan before at Villa park, to the fact that he is still hated by all the ABU fans.:D

I just loved his celebration for 2nd Goal.

dont get me wrong, i think nani is a good player but the way some posters talk about him here is ridiculous. he is still quite inconsistent. you never know which nani is going to turn up when he's named to play. david beckham had a higher goal per game ratio than nani does even though he was mainly acknowleged as a great crosser of the ball. gareth bale has a way higher goals per game ration than nani if you take into account the last two seasons that bale has been deployed as a winger. united lost the league on goal difference this year. nani will be 26 in november, not exactly young in terms of someone you hope will eventually develop into a consistent player. this is just the way i see things, everyone sees things differently and not everyone will agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

no i was delighted , especially because i had him at 8/1 for next goal :D

no i was delighted , especially because i had him at 8/1 for next goal :D

Was it you that mentioned it on the other thread?

If so fair freaking play. I thanked post when I should have put few bob on it myself.:pac:

cracking value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Came through when it counted though didn't he?

Perfect assist for the winner.

Not necessarily. He missed a sitter.

dont get me wrong, i think nani is a good player but the way some posters talk about him here is ridiculous. he is still quite inconsistent. you never know which nani is going to turn up when he's named to play. david beckham had a higher goal per game ratio than nani does even though he was mainly acknowleged as a great crosser of the ball. gareth bale has a way higher goals per game ration than nani if you take into account the last two seasons that bale has been deployed as a winger. united lost the league on goal difference this year. nani will be 26 in november, not exactly young in terms of someone you hope will eventually develop into a consistent player. this is just the way i see things, everyone sees things differently and not everyone will agree.

Becks was possibly the greatest free kicker ever to grace the premier league, he scored plenty of goals from free kicks. Nani creates so much as well as goals, he has only really began to flourish over the last 3 seasons, and is getting better each year, he is entering his peak, when he gets a free run in the team he is consistent. Plenty of players performance drop when they are injrued, or moved around to accomodate other players.

I disagree basically with the whole premise that he is not a consistent player I suppose, but as you say, people often see things differently. He is certainly a better winger then Bale, that really isn't up for debate right now.

shizz wrote: »
    Not necessarily. He missed a sitter.

But made amends.

Ronaldo has missed serious sitters int he tournament, but when it counted, he finished them.

Football is a results business

you'd have to say that nani is third in the pecking order in fergies eyes when it comes to wingers and everyone's fit. it can be hard to judge a player on his own merits i suppose when a lot of united fans will compare him subconsciously with his predecessors , eg nani and ronaldo, keane and carrick, de gea and van der sar.

you'd have to say that nani is third in the pecking order in fergies eyes when it comes to wingers and everyone's fit. it can be hard to judge a player on his own merits i suppose when a lot of united fans will compare him subconsciously with his predecessors , eg nani and ronaldo, keane and carrick, de gea and van der sar.

Do you think so? I see it as Nani and Val being the first choice and Young then.

The only time Nani is really out of the team is through injury

One thing that bugs the hell out of me with Young is his tendency not to use his pace more often. He has a bad habit of chasing a ball and with his pace gets there first, but then he just stops, traps the ball and tries beat his man, when instead he should use his pace and let ball do work.

Noticed it a lot in Sweden game.

• Advertisement

One thing that bugs the hell out of me with Young is his tendency not to use his pace more often. He has a bad habit of chasing a ball and with his pace gets there first, but then he just stops, traps the ball and tries beat his man, when instead he should use his pace and let ball do work.

This bugs me too, and the fact that he seems to be running toward the half way line with the ball more then the opponents goal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

He often lacks Nani's touch to do it however.
    He should be doing Valencia type runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Show us your numbers and sources there. I think you'll find that when you look at the numbers of goals and assists per game objectively there is no way you could call Nani inconsistent. Being not as good as David Beckham certainly doesn't come close to being inconsistent.

This bugs me too, and the fact that he seems to be running toward the half way line with the ball more then the opponents goal :)

Yes actually forgot to mention that. Jesus if I ever see him go 10 yards back towards half way line again, I swing for TV:pac:

I do like him, but think he can be much better.

i think fergie rates valencia higher than nani when both are available and he's definitly better on the right than on the left. will be interesting to see how young gets on next season if he stays injury free. i dont see bale coming to united , i dont think it would make sense considering the problems united have in central midfield and it wouldnt surprise me if united dont sign anyone else. if united go with two wingers, rooney , welbeck or chico and kagawa, theres still carrick , scholes , giggs , park , anderson, cleverly and possibly fletcher for central midfield. weak options for the 'big' games and european ones in my opinion but fergie seems to have a lot of faith in them.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement