Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Rooney > RVP

hmmm RvP in his peak like last season is better than Rooney, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Its pretty much accepted that he did not actually say that, or shall I say mean to say that, he got his words mixed up.

He is a tit however

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Samich wrote: »

Better in what respect?

He has had only 1 season like that however, and if he isn't scoring goals what else is he doing? He is 29, I am not Rooneys number 1 fan but I would rather him then RVP.

Van Persie is a fantastic player, but for how much it would cost the club it is just not worth it.

Rooney had, imo, a poor season last season performance wise, yet he still banged in 37 in 53 total apps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Kagawa

Valencia/Nani
    Rooney

RVP

The flexibility between these front 4 (even more-son with Nani starting) would be amazing to watch.

RVP is never coming to us though.

G.K. wrote: »
    Better in what respect?

Better in terms of what a Striker is supposed to do ;)

Also I'm just saying. I was saying Welbeck and Hernandez shouldn't be dropped in favour of Kagawa as I think they're brilliant, especially Hernandez and people said if they're good enough they'll play.

I think, could be wrong, if you asked most people on the continent who they'd prefer they'd pick RvP.

Of course RvP is being judged on last seasons performance which is what he is capable of when injury free.

kryogen wrote: »
    He has had only 1 season like that however, and if he isn't scoring goals what else is he doing? He is 29, I am not Rooneys number 1 fan but I would rather him then RVP.

Van Persie is a fantastic player, but for how much it would cost the club it is just not worth it.

Rooney had, imo, a poor season last season performance wise, yet he still banged in 37 in 53 total apps

Also I said myself I hope we don't sign him ;) :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Signing RVP would be really stupid. It would limit even further the game time that Welbeck and Chicho would get

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

We would be crazy to sign RVP. Even if the transfer fee was reasonable, he would be looking for massive wages.

I hope these rumours are baseless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Quandary wrote: »
    We would be crazy to sign RVP. Even if the transfer fee was reasonable, he would be looking for massive wages.

I hope these rumours are baseless.

crazy?? he was top scorer in the prem last season, crazy comment tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

What are chances United will buy RVP? 500/1?

There is a chance, but its slim.

Well you could see why Utd would want to sign him, hope we don't though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

NinjaK wrote: »

Nope not at all.

Up front is one of the areas of the pitch where we have plenty of options. Signing him would stifle the development of Chico and Welbeck. He would be a massive drain on our wage bill.

Sure while we're at it if Buffon became available would it make sense spunking money away on him when we have a brilliant young keeper who has started to establish himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

NinjaK wrote: »

Berbatov was joint top scorer in the PL two seasons ago, but there were no clubs clamouring to buy him last summer. In face he couldnt even get his game for us last season.

I'd really rather we didn't sign RvP at all tbh, and I think there is about zero chance of this happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Signing RVP would be stupid. We have 2 young strikers like him in Chico and Welbeck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

RVP is like 2 levels above both Hernandez and Welbeck. If the opportunity is there to sign him, you take it, simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

RVP is like 2 levels above both Hernandez and Welbeck. If the opportunity is there to sign him, you take it, simple as that.

It's not though. You have to work towards building a team and you have to spend money sensibly. There are important parts of the team that need attention. The striker department is already getting a bit crowded with Rooney, Kagawa (assuming he plays number 10), Wellbeck and Chico. Buying in slightly better players than what you have already in a position and moving on players that are already doing an excellent job just because the opportunity is there, while ignoring positions that do need to be fixed, won't build any sort of team at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

I think where he may go instead of us has to be taken into consideration when deciding to make a move for him or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,835 ✭✭✭✭dahat

enviro wrote: »
    I think where he may go instead of us has to be taken into consideration when deciding to make a move for him or not.

That is just downright silly tbh,in no way should RVP going to City have any effect on wether we bid or not and if it i did i would be disgusted.
    To me RVP is not worth the money,too old and injury prone and with him having a full premier league campagain plus the Euro's as well i predict he will be out injured very soon into the season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,835 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Smegball wrote: »

De Gea----

Rafael -- Rio -- Vidic --- Baines/Evra

Nani/Valencia -- Carrick -- Moutinho -- Young/Nani

Kagawa

Rooney

I LIKE!!

This looks very tasty i tell ya,would be a cracking line up if it all came to fruition

I disagree, but Pro F pretty much summed up why already :)

You have to build for the future, RVP has maybe, maybe 2 years at the very top left? With his injury record and his position? We have two young talents coming through, to stunt their development for short term gain would be foolish imo

It is also not the United philosophy

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭purpleblaa

Been a while!

To sum up my thoughts on transfers:

Kagawa - Delighted. He gives us flexibility, work rate & a goal scoring threat.
    Powell - He'll prob take the role that was for Pogba this year. Few games here & there. Will be interesting to see him develop.
    Baines - If fee is below 10m then I'm all for it, but anything above that is crazy imo.
    Moutinho - Would be happy to see him come in. Always been a fan of his and thought he did well at Euros.
    RVP - Don't see any value in signing him. He'd give us 2 good years (IF injury free) but we don't need him. We've Rooney, Welb & Chica so no room for RVP, again imo.

If we signed a CM then I'd be delighted, if not I think we've missed an opportunity to strengthen. I won't be a doom & gloom merchant about it though, still think our squad is strong enough to compete.

As for Modric, I can't imagine he'll come to us. We could afford him (If the stories about us being in for Hazard were true) but I think Spurs will look for an auction & then that'll be us out which is good. I've no interest in us paying 40 or 50 million for a player, unless it's Messi or Ronaldo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

purpleblaa wrote: »
    Been a while!

To sum up my thoughts on transfers:

Kagawa - Delighted. He gives us flexibility, work rate & a goal scoring threat.
    Powell - He'll prob take the role that was for Pogba this year. Few games here & there. Will be interesting to see him develop.
    Baines - If fee is below 10m then I'm all for it, but anything above that is crazy imo.
    Moutinho - Would be happy to see him come in. Always been a fan of his and thought he did well at Euros.
    RVP - Don't see any value in signing him. He'd give us 2 good years (IF injury free) but we don't need him. We've Rooney, Welb & Chica so no room for RVP, again imo.

If we signed a CM then I'd be delighted, if not I think we've missed an opportunity to strengthen. I won't be a doom & gloom merchant about it though, still think our squad is strong enough to compete.

As for Modric, I can't imagine he'll come to us. We could afford him (If the stories about us being in for Hazard were true) but I think Spurs will look for an auction & then that'll be us out which is good. I've no interest in us paying 40 or 50 million for a player, unless it's Messi or Ronaldo.

And McShane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Man City are monitoring Nani’s situation at United in a shock development. [daily star] #MUFC #MCFC

Give me a ****ing break.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd love RVP at United, but more because it would be a nice "**** you" to City and a declaration that we can still compete with them on the transfer market...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

That's not the road we need to go down. Turning transfers into pissing contests. We should buy players because they are needed or add something now or in the future not because it might piss off some noisy neighbors.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I know :( Just be nice to win a pissing match every now and again :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

I know :( Just be nice to win a pissing match every now and again :P

As far as I'm concerned, we're still winning the biggest pissing contest 19-3

I like Salt and Vinegar Pringles.

IvySlayer wrote: »

More a Texas BBQ man myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They're overrated.

J. Marston wrote: »
    They're overrated.

You're ovwreated!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

What's this? A wild drunken Ivy appears.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    What's this? A wild drunken Ivy appears.

with autocorrect :)#

ignore my pm why dont ya

with autocorrect :)#

ignore my pm why dont ya

Take it to PM!! oh wait :P

DB21 wrote: »
    As far as I'm concerned, we're still winning the biggest pissing contest 19-3

That's Liverpool talk!

Also Adolf Hipster closed his account after being banned for 3 months in soccer. ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Also Adolf Hipster closed his account after being banned for 3 months in soccer. ha

I don't see whats funny?

AFAIK AH wasn't his first account, and his first one wasn't banned or anything but he closed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

According to The Times United have had a bid for Dembele rejected, but they are willing to let him go for more money apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,071 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

According to The Times United have had a bid for Dembele rejected, but they are willing to let him go for more money apparently.

Interesting. Wouldn't have thought another support player would a priority for ManU at the moment. Would have thought a left back and 1 or 2 centre midielders would have been more necessary. Maybe even another, different, option up front, with Berba and Owen gone, but someone to finish, rather than create like Dembele does. Though I guess if a good DM was brought in, he might be able to play deeper than usual, though it seems a shame to do that, as he's at his best living around the edge of the box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

I'd say if the Dembele rumours are true (and they seem to have substance) it'll be with a view to playing him deeper in midfield... Alongside Carrick/Ando. Not the best news for .:::[T-cLeVz.23]:::.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

dahat wrote: »
    This looks very tasty i tell ya,would be a cracking line up if it all came to fruition

You'd have poor chicarito wasted on the bench ?

Play 4-4-1-1 ??

Kick Carrick out of midfield and play a more attacking style, especially considering the players they ave to attack now,

Young, valencia, nani, kagawa, Rooney, welbeck Hernandez,

4-3-3 or 4-1-3-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

SeantheMan wrote: »
    dahat wrote: »

You'd have poor chicarito wasted on the bench ?

Play 4-4-1-1 ??

Kick Carrick out of midfield and play a more attacking style, especially considering the players they ave to attack now,

Young, valencia, nani, kagawa, Rooney, welbeck Hernandez,

4-3-3 or 4-1-3-2

What are you suggesting?

DDG
    Raf
    Rio----Vid
    Evra
    Valencia
    Nani
    Kagawa----Young
    ----Rooney----Chico/Welb--

You cant drop Carrick and just play offensive football. You need to defend during games too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

He is back training!(thank ****);)
    522087_439510596069206_196781457_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

^^^^more Vidic

the size of Hulk and Vidic just outpowers him and gets the ball
    85839706_display_image.jpg?1310750086

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Just hope to God he can return to something near the colossus he was for us before his injury.

Trouble is, you just never know.... Fingers crossed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Giggs is the Team GB Captain.

Would be quite happy with Dembele myself, he can do a job in a two man midfield plus gives another creative option too, he is good on the ball, good in the tackle and athletic, he is also from a mid level team so I am sure Fergie is interested :) I developed a man crush on him a while ago and was calling for him to be signed so if the money is right then I would be delighted to get him.

he would seem to fit our transfer criteria anyway (around the 15million mark) :)

I genuinely think he and Carrick would be a good partnership, great to see Vidic back training, hope he can come back to something close to his former glory, would be such a huge boost to that defence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Looks like Nani is staying with us and a contract is yet to be finalised.

Source - http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7880643/Nani-very-happy-at-United

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

I wouldn't be surprised if we were in for Dembele. He's a solid player and could do well alongside Carrick. Also, good news about Nani.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement