Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

In no particular order, David Silva, Gareth Bale, Nani, Valencia and Juan Mata.

Just below them would be the likes of Walcott, Ashley Young, Victor Moses, Nasri and a few others.

Forgot to mention Eden Hazard. He'll be in that top 5/6 after a few games.

Ha. I thought I said right wingers. But anyways, Silva and Mata aren't wingers. I'd have Bale alright.

The names you've mentioned are absolutely rubbish basically. So because Valencia is better than a Wigan winger, and a pea brain speedster with no touch called Walcott, he's better than Nani.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Kirby wrote: »
    Bale, Valencia, Nani, Silva, N'zogbia.

My opinion and they all have flaws but I rate them all quite highly. You could consider bale and silva playmakers but I think they do their best stuff on the wing.

Aston Villa fans probably wouldn't have N'Zogbia at the top 5 wingers at Villa just so you know. Utterly bizzare choice. Hatem Ben Arfa would be in there for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Am I the only one who thinks Nani is the better right winger but the best thing for the team with the options available is Valencia on the right and Nani on the left?

My opinion and they all have flaws but I rate them all quite highly. You could consider bale and silva playmakers but I think they do their best stuff on the wing. Honorable mention for Mata but I think he has a penchant to disappear. Hope he has a good consistent season this year.

One of the worst signings in the PL last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

My opinion and they all have flaws but I rate them all quite highly. You could consider bale and silva playmakers but I think they do their best stuff on the wing.

Wouldn't have N'Zogbia there. He has regressed a lot since his move to Villa. He was at his best playing for Wigan in my opinion.

Bale couldn't really be compared to Silva. He doesn't have the same skills as Silva and he definitely would be better off staying on the wing. At times he can be devastating out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Aston Villa fans probably wouldn't have N'Zogbia at the top 5 wingers at Villa just so you know. Utterly bizzare choice. Hatem Ben Arfa would be in there for me.

I picked him because he is brilliant. He was the best winger in the league by a mile while at Wigan. He has stuggled at Villa because he has played under the worst manager in premierleague history that is Alex McLeish. Ronaldo would struggle under the anti football crap that McLeish played.

If he stays, he will flourish under Lambert.

baz2009 wrote: »
    Only if it is. Which your opinion is, tbh.

I'm sorry but no. You can't say someones opinion is bull****. It's called an opinion for a reason.

Samich wrote: »
    Because you know it's absolute bollox?

Antonio Valencia is not over-rated. He is an absolute beast and widely recognized as one of the best wingers in the league.

By who? hardly surprising anyways as there's not many good wingers in the league anyways. Walcott, Lennon, Kuyt/Henderson. LOL

Can you tell me the top 5 right wingers in the league and we'll see how good they are.

It is clear at this point ( not that it wasn't already pretty clear) that you don't know much about the premier league in general. Your choice of wingers are a perfect illustration of this.

Ha. I thought I said right wingers. But anyways, Silva and Mata aren't wingers. I'd have Bale alright.

The names you've mentioned are absolutely rubbish basically. So because Valencia is better than a Wigan winger, and a pea brain speedster with no touch called Walcott, he's better than Nani.

You're clearly struggling to grasp this.

Valencia is better for Manchester United than Nani because he delivers for more consistently. Our own fans and our own players who play with them voted to reflect that.

Valencia's ability has nothing to do with Victor Moses or any other player.

• Advertisement

What's the point of that? Saying Valencia isn't good because there aren't many good wingers in the league?

Is there a purpose to any of this? Or are you just saying Valencia is over-rated for a laugh. Antonio was voted fans and players Player Of The Year. Give it a rest.

Look up his wikipedia page. The fuss over his goal against Blackburn was mad. It could have been a cross for all anyone knows. It was described like "Roberto Carlos". This stuck in peoples minds.

Had Phil Jones scored that goal he'd probably have been player of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

kryogen wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks Nani is the better right winger but the best thing for the team with the options available is Valencia on the right and Nani on the left?

I wouldn't have thought so, no..

Right Wing
    Nani>Valencia>Young

Left Wing
    Nani>Young

So obviously to get the best players on the pitch together would involve either getting a clone of Nani, or playing him on the left with Valencia on the right.

You're clearly struggling to grasp this.

Valencia is better for Manchester United than Nani because he delivers for more consistently. Our own fans and our own players who play with them voted to reflect that.

Valencia's ability has nothing to do with Victor Moses or any other player.

Haha Nani is incredibly consistent now. Valencia scored his first goal against Arsenal last season. Nani has been doing it for years. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,406 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

alproctor wrote: »

Right Wing
    Nani>Valencia>Young

Left Wing
    Nani>Young

So obviously to get the best players on the pitch together would either getting a clone of Nani, or playing him on the left with Valencia on the right.

This.

Look up his wikipedia page. The fuss over his goal against Blackburn was mad. It could have been a cross for all anyone knows. It was described like "Roberto Carlos". This stuck in peoples minds.

Had Phil Jones scored that goal he'd probably have been player of the year.

That is absolute tripe.

He scored a freak goal against Blackburn and you think everyone just went "OH WOW HE'S OUR BEST PLAYER!"

I don't even know what to say to that. It's so incorrect that it defies belief. I'm out. You're embarrassing yourself.

alproctor wrote: »

Right Wing
    Nani>Valencia>Young

Left Wing
    Nani>Young

So obviously to get the best players on the pitch together would involve either getting a clone of Nani, or playing him on the left with Valencia on the right.

Yeah that's exactly how I see it, I thought most people did, just got a little unsure about that then for a minute :)

• Advertisement

Who pissed in your cornflakes this morning?

That "Wigan winger" is too good for the club. He single-handedly demolished teams last year during their very impressive run-in.

Did you watch Walcott at all last season? His link up play with RVP was very good, and he chipped in with 8 goals and 8 assists in the league. Not bad going for someone who is essentially "a pea brain speedster with no touch".

Silva is a winger because he plays on the wing. That's pretty obvious, surely.

I have said for ages that Nani is a better winger than Valencia, but at the moment the best option is for Nani to play on the left and Valencia on the right.

I can certainly remember more important moments from Young than Valencia this season.

Goals against Arsenal and the assists, the peno v qpr, goal v swansea, goal against spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

If Im picking the united team and I have every position sorted apart from right wing in a 4,4,2 and I have Valencia and Nani to choose from.......
    I choose Valencia. I would either put Nani somewhere else on the pitch or bring him on for Valencia when his fitness or form drops.

Dont know what people see in Nani on the wing at all. I like him in and around the box. Would like him wide in a front 3. As a 4,4,2 winger? Valencia gets my vote.

That is absolute tripe.

He scored a freak goal against Blackburn and you think everyone just went "OH WOW HE'S OUR BEST PLAYER!"

I don't even know what to say to that. It's so incorrect that it defies belief. I'm out. You're embarrassing yourself.

Come off it.

Who pissed in your cornflakes this morning?

That "Wigan winger" is too good for the club. He single-handedly demolished teams last year during their very impressive run-in.

Did you watch Walcott at all last season? His link up play with RVP was very good, and he chipped in with 8 goals and 8 assists in the league. Not bad going for someone who is essentially "a pea brain speedster with no touch".

Silva is a winger because he plays on the wing. That's pretty obvious, surely.

I have said for ages that Nani is a better winger than Valencia, but at the moment the best option is for Nani to play on the left and Valencia on the right.

So did Andy Carroll for Newcastle..

• Advertisement

Come off it.

Do you even know what it means? It means it wouldn't happen again and implies it was an accident.

My God you hurt my brain at times.

Yeah that's exactly how I see it, I thought most people did, just got a little unsure about that then for a minute :)

Well i would have thought it was fairly obvious, tbh.
    Apparently not to everybody, however,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I'm sorry but no. You can't say someones opinion is bull****. It's called an opinion for a reason.

Saying that Valencia's a bad crosser of the ball is bullshít.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

This opinion that Nani is inconsistent is out dated.He is fruastrating there is no doubt but he's crosses are pretty good now and there is less sillyness and stupidness in his play.Nani>AV>Young

Do you even know what it means? It means it wouldn't happen again and implies it was an accident.

Well some people's brains function at lower than others. :p For example, a question was asked for the best wingers in the league and some people read that as best last season.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Lads my face genuinely hurts reading some of the drivel in here...

Also just because someone says it's their opinion doesn't mean that it's not wrong.

It must be a very delicate little brain

So did Andy Carroll for Newcastle..

And your point is?

Carroll is a very good player who should never have been burdened with that 35 million pound tag. He showed in the last few weeks of the season just what he can do. It's a pity for him that Dalglish used to bench him every time he did anything good, similar to Torres at Chelsea.

Really, because the general consensus here at the time was that he meant it. :rolleyes: The way he struck the ball apparantly gave it away.
    Saying that Valencia's a bad crosser of the ball is bullshít.

Yeah because all strikers love when a player chips it over them to the far post.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

1253885876_suicide.gif

• Advertisement

lordgoat wrote: »
    Lads my face genuinely hurts reading some of the drivel in here...

Also just because someone says it's their opinion doesn't mean that it's not wrong.

Doesn't mean that it is though.

1253885876_suicide.gif

the thanks are rushing in.

1253885876_suicide.gif
    Anything constructive to say though?

yomtea98 wrote: »

Oooh, total burn bro.
    Really, because the general consensus here at the time was that he meant it. :rolleyes: The way he struck the ball apparantly gave it away.

Did Valencia not say after the game that it was 50/50? Yes he did. He said it himself.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

GSPfan wrote: »
    If Im picking the united team and I have every position sorted apart from right wing in a 4,4,2 and I have Valencia and Nani to choose from.......
    I choose Valencia. I would either put Nani somewhere else on the pitch or bring him on for Valencia when his fitness or form drops.

Dont know what people see in Nani on the wing at all. I like him in and around the box. Would like him wide in a front 3. As a 4,4,2 winger? Valencia gets my vote.

I would have a similar view (excluding the bit I amended:)).

Depending on tactics, if you want an out and out winger Valencia is the best on the right with Nani on the left.

If you are going for a Total football, fluid attacking style then you pick Nani and Young and let them play where they like.

In general I would have Nani in the side over most players.

Yeah because all strikers love when a player chips it over them to the far post.

Do you really not rate his crossing at all?

Remember all the headed goals Rooney got from his assists? I have always thought he was pretty good as a conventional winger tbh, hit the by line and cross it into a good area.

It his lack of a plan B that would bother me, don't have an issue with his crossing, his assist stats would favour the view that he is a good crosser too

Oooh, total burn bro.

Did Valencia not say after the game that it was 50/50? Yes he did. He said it himself.

So, I've mentioned Youngs important moments of the season. What were Valencias? Goal against Arsenal yes, goal against Bburn yes. Anything else? Playing right back go down as one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

No, I don't think they do really though. I think you're telling fibs.

They do love when it's crossed nicely for them to bate it into the goals though, which Valencia has a knack for.

When is the last time on this forum anyone changed their mind?!
    Constant back and forths are pointless. Anyone who disagrees to the point of frustration by what a person says should reply once or twice then just leave it.

If its enjoyable to bicker then go for it but if its not then surely just stop. Its so bitchy in here its unreal.

This is a suggestion. Not a request or demand.

• Advertisement

Anything constructive to say though?

Ironic.

Do you reallt not rate his crossing at all?

Remember all the headed goals Rooney got from his assists? I have always thought he was pretty good as a conventional winger tbh, hit the by line and cross it into a good area.

It his lack of a plan B that would bother me, don't have an issue with his crossing, his assist stats would favour the view that he is a good crosser too

I don't really. His crossing is clipped in rather than swung in imo. His crossing from between the 18 yard line and sideline is poor though I think.

At least you're able have a decent talk rather than the rest.

No, I don't think they do really though. I think you're telling fibs.

They do love when it's crossed nicely for them to bate it into the goals though, which Valencia has a knack for.

Show me a compilation of Valencia crosses from between the 18 yard line and sideline and goals being scored directly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

What do we think of the new away shirt lads?
    I quite like it ,

http://mobile.twitter.com/mallureddevil/status/223130912928448513/photo/1

GSPfan wrote: »
    When is the last time on this forum anyone changed their mind?!
    Constant back and forths are pointless. Anyone who disagrees to the point of frustration by what a person says should reply once or twice then just leave it.

If its enjoyable to bicker then go for it but if its not then surely just stop. Its so bitchy in here its unreal.

This is a suggestion. Not a request or demand.

People generally only admit they are wrong when the proof is laid out in front of them. For example, when the zog has a brilliant season for Villa MikeyT will come in here and say, "You were right Kirby. He really is quite good." :D

But until then, he will just keep his opinion.

I quite like it ,

Don't like the crest. It needs colour. Other than that it's nice. Looks classy.

• Advertisement

I quite like it ,

I like it apart from the centre part of the neck that goes down towards the AON. Think it looks too long or something. But defo could be worse. And has been.

I quite like it ,

Yeah, i like it...... Only prob I have with it is I'm not too sure about the monochrome crest..

Will still be buying it though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Plain ands simple Jersey= nice Jersey.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I quite like it ,

Looks like a rugby jersey.

The argument that Ashley Young, who I like, but was INVISIBLE between October and March, had a better season last year than Antonio Valencia, who won the fans and players awards for his season, is absolutely bizzare.

Biggest waste of time ever.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement