Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Oh well, feck it, I'm going to be on holidays when the pre-season starts next week, so I doubt I'll get to see as much as I'd like. I think I'm going to console myself and by buying the new home jersey....:pac:

Nani 17 - I'm thinking, seeing as Tony V has #7, shouldn't be much danger of him changing number.

Watch me despair in agony as inevitably the contract talks break down and he is sold. It'd be just my luck.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Can't wait to see him starting week in week out for us.

616665888.jpg?key=452594

Nemanja, ohhhh,
    Nemanja, ohhhh,
    He comes from Serbia,
    He'll f*cking murder ya

I can't wait for him to come back. Hopefully he'll hit the ground running.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Veseli was offered a new contract, he must have signed it if he is involved, happy with that, he does have a bit of potential in him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Also looks like Frederic Veseli is still with ManUtd. Thought he was gone too.

He only signed in January this year?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Also looks like Frederic Veseli is still with ManUtd. Thought he was gone too.

Presumably his initial contract wasn't exactly long term...

Presumably his initial contract wasn't exactly long term...

Correct, United took him for the rest of the season and at the time of sending in the contract retain report to the league he had not been confirmed as a retained player. Glad to see he is still there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Who is the Veseli chap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

i should know better at this stage :(

Checked Eurosport transfer news and someone is saying that Christian Eriksen is at OT today after Ajax agreed a fee. then checked his wikipedia page to see what his stats were like as i was not overly impressed by him during both games in the Europa and sure enough someone edited the account saying his current club is United. took me a few seconds to realise what happened. People can be so cruel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Yeah but his initial offer was just 6 months contract and he didn't even play much for reserves. So thought he was gone for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

keane2097 wrote: »
    Who is the Veseli chap?

Swiss centre half, signed from City in January. Think he was captain of the U19 or U20's...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

IMO the players won't get a decent pre season on their money making tour of Asia.

Bound to have 2 or 3 injuries picked up after 3 games on the new PL season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    IMO the players won't get a decent pre season on their money making tour of Asia.

Bound to have 2 or 3 injuries picked up after 3 games on the new PL season.

What the hell does the first bit even mean? Why will they no get a good pre season? They cant train all day, only a few hours so in the other time they will be doing corporate stuff as requested.

Injuries are bound to happen with any team. Its normal

I'd say he means clocking up all the air miles flying around country to country during pre season, which to a degree I agree with. It is not ideal preparation to be going to Asia, South Africa Denmark etc for pre season. Don't think it will impact severely though, hopefully.

kryogen wrote: »
    I'd say he means clocking up all the air miles flying around country to country during pre season, which to a degree I agree with. It is not ideal preparation to be going to Asia, South Africa Denmark etc for pre season. Don't think it will impact severely though, hopefully.

I think itll make very little difference and is very much in the clubs interest. It helps team bonding as well all being out of England for a while for a sustained period of time. My only annoyance with it is the KO times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

The thing about the pre-season tours though, I would hope, is that not all the players will be going to all the destinations on all the tours. So the figures that are being bandied around about how many miles the players will be covering will hopefully be the total miles, and not what any individual player will be doing...

If that makes sense. :)

Very much in the clubs interests alright for obvious business reasons, just would be lovely some time to have a tour of somewhere, but pretty mcuh stay there :)

As I said, I don't have a huge issue with it and a good point has been made that not all the players will go to all the destinations, I am sure the manager will make sure they are well prepared for the new season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

I think itll make very little difference and is very much in the clubs interest. It helps team bonding as well all being out of England for a while for a sustained period of time. My only annoyance with it is the KO times

Kick offs look good times to me . Better than last year anyway

Anybody catch Rio's homemade video of the US tour last year? All the players in the video were sick and tired off all the travelling around and just wanted to go home.

For me its too many air miles getting clocked up,mass media,jet lag,body clock all over the place. Not the right preparation for the start of a new season.

Question as I'm not sure. What is the likes of Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern, City's pre season schedule. Be interesting to compare. Anybody know?

• Advertisement

Anybody catch Rio's homemade video of the US tour last year? All the players in the video were sick and tired off all the travelling around and just wanted to go home.

For me its too many air miles getting clocked up,mass media,jet lag,body clock all over the place. Not the right preparation for the start of a new season.

Question as I'm not sure. What is the likes of Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern, City's pre season schedule. Be interesting to compare. Anybody know?

Most of the bigger brands travel alot on pre season yeah, can't remember off the top of my head now who is going where, pretty sure we have a friendly with Barcelona somewhere though

Most of the bigger brands travel alot on pre season yeah, can't remember off the top of my head now who is going where, pretty sure we have a friendly with Barcelona somewhere though

Just had a quick look at Barca's website. Their not moving outside Europe. Good move. I think fatigue was a major impact on them last season

Just checked, we play them in Sweden so you are right on Barca, Madrid are going to the USA for sure, not sure about anywhere else, City are going to China, Malaysia, Europe.......

I realised we were away after 5 of the 6 Champions League group game fixtures, but bloody hell, I didn't realise who we are away to:

Chelsea,
    Liverpool,
    City,
    Newcastle,
    Villa

Hopefully the CL group stage draw will be a bit kinder to make up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Just watched 8 mins of Lucas Moura on Youtube.

Holy Fook!!!!

He is like Ronaldinho. He is crazy fast looking and goes past people with ease. If Barcelona ever got a hold of him they would have another superstar who would tear teams apart.

If we got a hold of him?! Jaysus i dont know what we would do with him. Playing him in central midfield would be mad. He seems to play from the right. Id want United to buy him just to keep him away from other teams but i'd be dying to see where he would play. And also whether Nani would still be at the club.

Just checked, we play them in Sweden so you are right on Barca, Madrid are going to the USA for sure, not sure about anywhere else, City are going to China, Malaysia, Europe.......

Seems we are all pretty similar so. Just checked Bayern, they play 2 games in China and don't move outside Germany for the rest of their pre season.

I just feel United as a team could benefit staying in Europe for pre season. I'd love to see them do it next year.

Players coming in joining/leaving certain legs of pre season can't be the greatest move either

• Advertisement

Rooney10 wrote: »
    I realised we were away after 5 of the 6 Champions League group game fixtures, but bloody hell, I didn't realise who we are away to:

Chelsea,
    Liverpool,
    City,
    Newcastle,
    Villa

Hopefully the CL group stage draw will be a bit kinder to make up for it.

wow, that is disgusting. I guess thought at least it means we get a good few of the tough away fixtures out of the way in the first half of the season. Should help with the run in

GSPfan wrote: »

Holy Fook!!!!

He is like Ronaldinho. He is crazy fast looking and goes past people with ease. If Barcelona ever got a hold of him they would have another superstar who would tear teams apart.

If we got a hold of him?! Jaysus i dont know what we would do with him. Playing him in central midfield would be mad. He seems to play from the right. Id want United to buy him just to keep him away from other teams but i'd be dying to see where he would play. And also whether Nani would still be at the club.

Yeah he is a bit of a machine alright, plays best centrally but drift around the front line. I think it was in this thread I had said already that he would remind you of C Ronaldo for his skills and explosiveness but Ronaldinho wouldnt be a bad comparison either :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Twitter wrote:
    Dutch website Sport1.nl has made the surprise claim that Christian Eriksen is in talks with United. #mufc @mufcfans

Look whose made a return!

Laughable how many players are linked with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

But we have no chance of signing him right?

But we have no chance of signing him right?

Not a hope in hell

my opinion of course :)

(Assuming you are talking about Lucas)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Why would we want him? Backup for Kagawa? No thanks.

Edit: Talking about Eriksen

Ya twas Lucas.

Re: Lucas Moura

Yeah i made the Ronaldinho comparison because he does that thing where he stands still with the ball on the sideline and the defender doesnt know what to do. Then he will drop a shoulder, swivel his hips, or step over the ball and the defender is turning himself inside out with panic.
    I can see the Ronaldo comparison too tho, cause when he is running at defenders he can change direction instantly and turn inside or outside.

He is some serious talent. It would be great to see him in a top league against top players and with top coaching. He is one of those players who is almost too skillful.

He would be a massve gamble though from Uniteds point of view, would cost big money, I am not sure how he is regarding a work permit but I dont think he qualifies outright, he would have to settle into a new country/climate, might not adapt etc and the league is a lot more physical too, could he handle it? Makes it a bit too risky for United I think.

I am a big fan though, can't wait till he moves to Europe, could end up in Italy I think, or of course one of the big two in Spain, depends on who needs him first I guess :) If Ganso does not end up at Milan my money would be on Lucas ending up there

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Holy Fook!!!!

So... Youtube is your basis for wanting him?

-Ade- wrote: »

Youtube should never be the basis for wanting someone, but as someone who also watches South American football (pretty sure you do anyway!) do you not also think that he is quite a talented lad?

He would be a massve gamble though from Uniteds point of view, would cost big money, I am not sure how he is regarding a work permit but I dont think he qualifies outright, he would have to settle into a new country/climate, might not adapt etc and the league is a lot more physical too, could he handle it? Makes it a bit too risky for United I think.

I am a big fan though, can't wait till he moves to Europe, could end up in Italy I think, or of course one of the big two in Spain, depends on who needs him first I guess :) If Ganso does not end up at Milan my money would be on Lucas ending up there

Denílson de Oliveira Araújo

Denílson de Oliveira Araújo

If your point is to say Brazilians dont do it in Europe or top divisions I guess I should respond by listing

Kaka
    Ronaldo
    Ronaldinho
    Gilberto Silva
    Ze Roberto
    Cafu
    Roberto Carlos
    Juninho
    Dani Alves
    Marcelo

.......Kleberson :p

:)

Much like Neymar or Ganso or indeed Oscar, who I do think would be more suited to the English game even now, you don't know until you try! Could be the next Ronaldo, could be the next Denilson! :D

Holy Fook!!!!

Is that supposed to be some sort of a dig at me. Can i not give my opinion on a Youtube clip? I specifically point out at the start that its a youtube clip im watching. And the basis of me wanting him is that he COULD be a superstar with skills like that.

Is that a good enough answer for ya?

Dont answer that ^^^^.

Youtube should never be the basis for wanting someone, but as someone who also watches South American football (pretty sure you do anyway!) do you not also think that he is quite a talented lad?

You know I do. I have my opinions on the player, and I won't disagree with what's already been said. In saying that, if the story is true about United's interest, I really don't understand the club's transfer policy as I've said a few times elsewhere. It's quite evident which positions need strengthening from my pov, not that I'd be complaining if you don't strengthen there of course :)

All that said, that's under my assumption Valencia and/or Nani are remaining at the club obviously.

My post was just making light note of said post quoted, as posts like that somewhat irritate as me as some here will probably testify to :P

• Advertisement

Is that supposed to be some sort of a dig at me. Can i not give my opinion on a Youtube clip? I specifically point out at the start that its a youtube clip im watching. And the basis of me wanting him is that he COULD be a superstar with skills like that.

Is that a good enough answer for ya?

Dont answer that ^^^^.

It's very good. Ta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

What's the story with the Eriksen rumours? Although I know nothing about Lucas but from what I've read mainly here about him I'd much prefer us to sign Eriksen. Really like him and think he'd fit really well into a team with Kagawa playing off Rooney.

Is it likely that Eriksen would be moving this summer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,835 ✭✭✭✭dahat

You know I do. I have my opinions on the player, and I won't disagree with what's already been said. In saying that, if the story is true about United's interest, I really don't understand the club's transfer policy as I've said a few times elsewhere. It's quite evident which positions need strengthening from my pov, not that I'd be complaining if you don't strengthen there of course :)

All that said, that's under my assumption Valencia and/or Nani are remaining at the club obviously.

My post was just making light note of said post quoted, as posts like that somewhat irritate as me as some here will probably testify to :P

To me if we sign him it looks like the end for Nani if a good offer comes in,cannot see how all these forward/wingers can be accomadated.

I have my opinions on the player, and I won't disagree with what's already been said. In saying that, if the story is true about United's interest, I really don't understand the club's transfer policy as I've said a few times elsewhere. It's quite evident which positions need strengthening from my pov, not that I'd be complaining if you don't strengthen there of course :)

If Nani is off then a move for Lucas makes sense more alright, but I don't see that, and I really don't see Fergie having a real interest in Lucas anyway for some reason, just doesn't seem like him or something :)

If your point is to say Brazilians dont do it in Europe or top divisions I guess I should respond by listing

Kaka
    Ronaldo
    Ronaldinho
    Gilberto Silva
    Ze Roberto
    Cafu
    Roberto Carlos
    Juninho
    Dani Alves
    Marcelo

Much like Neymar or Ganso or indeed Oscar, who I do think would be more suited to the English game even now, you don't know until you try! Could be the next Ronaldo, could be the next Denilson! :D

Fantastic,thats what 10,11 players you have listed from how many Brazilans that have tried to make it.

United at this stage should be paying for proven quality at Champions League Level. End of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Kaka
    Ronaldo
    Ronaldinho
    Gilberto Silva
    Ze Roberto
    Cafu
    Roberto Carlos
    Juninho
    Dani Alves
    Marcelo

Thiago Silva too.

s_carnage wrote: »
    What's the story with the Eriksen rumours? Although I know nothing about Lucas but from what I've read mainly here about him I'd much prefer us to sign Eriksen. Really like him and think he'd fit really well into a team with Kagawa playing off Rooney.

Is it likely that Eriksen would be moving this summer?

Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't move at all this year, the way he finished the season and his performances in the Euros threw a lot of cold water on the speculation about him.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Thiago Silva too.

Ah sure there loads in reality boy! Could be here all night listing out the success and failures from South America :D

I hate when people get all aggressive from a simple post.

Ruins decent discussions sometimes.

• Advertisement

Fantastic,thats what 10,11 players you have listed from how many Brazilans that have tried to make it.

United at this stage should be paying for proven quality at Champions League Level. End of

Ah the magical phrase, end of. Completely negates anything anybody else says doesnt it

I would say your wrong, but since you already said End of, I guess thats it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement