Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

kryogen wrote: »
    If your point is to say Brazilians dont do it in Europe or top divisions I guess I should respond by listing

Kaka
    Ronaldo
    Ronaldinho
    Gilberto Silva
    Ze Roberto
    Cafu
    Roberto Carlos
    Juninho
    Dani Alves
    Marcelo

.......Kleberson :p

:)

Much like Neymar or Ganso or indeed Oscar, who I do think would be more suited to the English game even now, you don't know until you try! Could be the next Ronaldo, could be the next Denilson! :D

Thats my point . Should United gamble millions on a unproven player in the PL because he is Brazilan and looks great(Brazil have not been the best side in the world the last 10 years, Martinez from Bilbao anyday for me!!). Yes it could come off but at this stage we need to be buying guaranteed success

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Eriksen looked nothing special to me when he played against United. I must admit I wasnt paying that much attention to Ajax in that game because United were annoying the hell outta me but he didnt stand out imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    Thats my point . Should United gamble millions on a unproven player in the PL because he is Brazilan and looks great(Brazil have not been the best side in the world the last 10 years, Martinez from Bilbao anyday for me!!). Yes it could come off but at this stage we need to be buying guaranteed success

I agree that someone like Javi Martinez should be our number 1 priority, but there is no such thing as buying guaranteed success really.

Ah the magical phrase, end of. Completely negates anything anybody else says doesnt it

I would say your wrong, but since you already said End of, I guess thats it.

Apologies, I realized my post was being a twit and edited it.you caught me before I had time to edit. Sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Brazilian newspaper Lance! (apparently the biggest sports newspaper over there) are claiming that we've bid €33m for Lucas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    Apologies, I realized my post was being a twit and edited it.you caught me before I had time to edit. Sorry

Ha :) no worries, my response was mostly good natured anyway even if it didnt read like that, the phrase is headwrecking!

I get what you are talking about for the record, what we need at the moment is someone for central midfield who can push us on now, who you could be pretty sure of what you are going to get week in week out.

I think buying Lucas Moura for that money could be the Glazers Homes Under the Hammer strategy. Buy it, clean it up, sell it.

Bring him over, get him in the team, two years from now Madrid will want him, or Barcelona will infect his DNA and BAMM. €80 million in the bank.

The seal like dribbling skills of Kerlon even?

GSPfan wrote: »
    I think buying Lucas Moura for that money could be the Glazers Homes Under the Hammer strategy. Buy it, clean it up, sell it.

Bring him over, get him in the team, two years from now Madrid will want him, or Barcelona will infect his DNA and BAMM. €80 million in the bank.

You could be right and the thought sickens me. IMO players should come to United and never want to leave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Good one!

Jesus that brings back memories.

Forgot about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

An Citeog wrote: »
    The amortisation of the transfer fee over the duration of a player's contract is for accounting purposes only. How the fee is actually paid is completely separate to this.

Ah you're right. I was misremembering the significance of the amortisation word in the finances. My bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Blatter wrote: »
    Brazilian newspaper Lance! (apparently the biggest sports newspaper over there) are claiming that we've bid €33m for Lucas.

Liverpool will not be happy.

Arsene Wenger has been doin the Homes Under the Hammer strategy for years. Id actually love to know the total he has spent against the total sold.

Seriously tho, we seen it with Chico last summer. There may have been interest from Madrid and if United wanted to sell they could have got a tidy profit on what they paid.
    If United actually are in for Lucas Moura, based on his YOUTUBE video, :), it looks like he could be great. And with his age and all I'd say its a gamble they believe is worth taking. It would also lead me to believe they will fund it with the sale of Nani.

So the question is, Would you sell Nani and gamble on Moura?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just watched 8 mins of Lucas Moura on Youtube.

Holy Fook!!!!

He is like Ronaldinho. He is crazy fast looking and goes past people with ease. If Barcelona ever got a hold of him they would have another superstar who would tear teams apart.

If we got a hold of him?! Jaysus i dont know what we would do with him. Playing him in central midfield would be mad. He seems to play from the right. Id want United to buy him just to keep him away from other teams but i'd be dying to see where he would play. And also whether Nani would still be at the club.

We'd keep him for 4-5 years then sell him for 100Mill and put that towards our debt :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Moura talk is starting to grow. more than likely is just a huge nonsense as ive no idea why we would sign him (though am i right in saying he is another hazard type player???).

any good sources or reliable lads saying that we are bidding for him or is just coming from the daily mail last night?

personally, i dont know enough about him to comment, so i cant say if he is a good player or not, but i believe he is not a CM anyway.

Short answer?

No

Edit: thats in relation to would you sell Nani to buy him

All the rumours are coming from ME after watching his Youtube stuff.! :).

I think Nani is a gonner if the Lucas Moura interest is real. Maybe Ac Milan or PSG would be a destination for Nani if he becomes available.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

dahat wrote: »
    To me if we sign him it looks like the end for Nani if a good offer comes in,cannot see how all these forward/wingers can be accomadated.

Yeah, but tbh despite talk of Nani leaving the last few months, I don't see Fergie wanting rid of him unless there is something we don't know about. So IMO, I don't think he'll be leaving and haven't really considered it all too much up to this point... unless Nani himself really is pushing for a move. Then it's a different thing all together.

Nani is very unlikely to be pushing for a move though, he has been asked and he says he is very happy at United, he could just make no comment if he likes.

I put it down to normal contract negotiation stuff tbh

• Advertisement

I doubt United want to sell Nani. But you have to realise that United are no mugs in the negotiations. They really don't give in, and if Nani (more likely his agent) is wanting enormous amounts of money then United may be tempted to get rid now. Look how bad Arsenal are at letting players contracts run down. They arent getting the full price for these players who are running down their contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Moura talk is starting to grow. more than likely is just a huge nonsense as ive no idea why we would sign him (though am i right in saying he is another hazard type player???).

any good sources or reliable lads saying that we are bidding for him or is just coming from the daily mail last night?

personally, i dont know enough about him to comment, so i cant say if he is a good player or not, but i believe he is not a CM anyway.

Don't know if you could call them good source but Lance? Or Lanca? Whatever they're called they are a big Brazilian newspaper and they are running the Utd bid story. I doubt their source is the Daily Fail..

At least the Daily Fail aren't the only ones running it.

I have absolutely no faith in United when it comes to transfer battles. At least it seems like neither of the Spanish two are involved.
    Is this Fergusons way of making us forget about the central midfield. Cheeky scottish fecker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I have absolutely no faith in United when it comes to transfer battles. At least it seems like neither of the Spanish two are involved.
    Is this Fergusons way of making us forget about the central midfield. Cheeky scottish fecker.
    lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Liverpool will not be happy.

feck Liverpool - he is ours! Hands off!
    Fergie will only ruin him like Anderson

Paulo Freitas ‏@Cynegeticus
    #MUFC's offer for Lucas Moura now being reported in Brazil, 'Lance!' says they offered 33m Euros, more than #Inter have offered.

I just dont believe it - Fergie offereing over 30 million and then for a 19 year old

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I just dont believe it - Fergie offereing over 30 million and then for a 19 year old
    Why? That's what he paid for an 18 year old Wayne Rooney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Maybe Fergie has heard our hearts breaking too many times over losing out on good up and coming players that in his last few years as a manager he's saying **** it lets go get us a lucas!!!!

The story is moving fast. At least on twitter anyway.

Its now reported its been rejected.

I wonder how long this will last if its all bullplop. Surely someone will ask Ferguson in the next day or two and he will kill it dead.

Fergie will only ruin him like Anderson

anderson ruined himself (along with every pizza and kebab in manchester).

it all really went down hill for him after he wrote off that car in portugal. the thing is though, jaysus if that deal ever went through (unlikely as i said), we would be losing yet another midfielder and gaining yet another winger/acm.

that would leave scholes, carrick and cleverly for CM, with Giggs/Jones as back up and Powell pushed into the limelight quicker. hardly inspiring is it?

• Advertisement

Why? That's what he paid for an 18 year old Wayne Rooney.

Very different situations in fairness, and the Rooney fee was around £25.6mil and had clauses!

lol, yeah not a lot of difference price wise, but a world of difference in terms of knowing whether a player will settle in the Prem, Rooney was already from the North West, no big upheavel for him and he had played in the Prem and had done well for England when United bought him

Well this one is over as fast as it began. Daily Mail reporting a failed bid now.

‘It is a risk not selling Lucas, but we are going to take it,’ said president Juvenal Juvencio.

Ah well. Wonder what the next twist is. Rumours are more exciting than facts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Rumours are more exciting than facts.

Em, no.

Rumours are a pain in the arse, and it's getting worse every year, imo.... Someone said during the week on here that they yearn for the time that the first anyone knew about potential transfers was seeing players in United jerseys in the papers - couldnt agree more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

anderson ruined himself (along with every pizza and kebab in manchester).

it all really went down hill for him after he wrote off that car in portugal. the thing is though, jaysus if that deal ever went through (unlikely as i said), we would be losing yet another midfielder and gaining yet another winger/acm.

that would leave scholes, carrick and cleverly for CM, with Giggs/Jones as back up and Powell pushed into the limelight quicker. hardly inspiring is it?
    A bit harsh to say he ruined himself, when the manager was the one who consistently played him out of position.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Very different situations in fairness

Doesn't really matter in fairness, Utd have paid big money before, there's no reason to suggest we won't do it again if the funds are there. Not that I think there's any truth to these rumours, but I don't dismiss them just because of the fee being mentioned and the age of the player.

Owen_S wrote: »
    A bit harsh to say he ruined himself, when the manager was the one who consistently played him out of position.

which is what and where?

united only have 2 positions available for a player like him and when he came, he was up against Scholes, Carrick, Hargreaves for instance in that midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

He was a number 10 before moving to united before Fergie started playing him as a cm . Just like you expect him to do with Kagawa .

which is what and where?

united only have 2 positions available for a player like him and when he came, he was up against Scholes, Carrick, Hargreaves for instance in that midfield.
    He made his career by playing in more advanced positions. He cost €30m at the age of 19/20, which suggested that we were confident in his talent. Why not change the tactics to accommodate him? Paying that amount for a young player, and proceeding to play him out of position was a terrible decision IMO.

He was a number 10 before moving to united before Fergie started playing him as a cm . Just like you expect him to do with Kagawa .

realistically, anderson is not good enough to play a 10 role for united and never was.

Kagawa is totally different and comes to the goal with a brilliant record in such a position, anderson didnt have that.

realistically, anderson is not good enough to play a 10 role for united and never was.

Kagawa is totally different and comes to the goal with a brilliant record in such a position, anderson didnt have that.
    Anderson was considered one of the most promising young attacking midfielders in the world when we bought him, there was little doubt of his ability in the position.
    An example of how highly he was rated:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Golden_Boy
    The previous winners were Fabregas and Aguero, while he was followed by Pato.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,406 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

So was Nani though, it was realistically the wing or CM for Ando and he's no winger, when he played as the most advanced in a 3 man midfield he didn't inspire confidence either, his quality was in his tenacity and distance covered, he had good and bad days with passing but he was clearly better playing deeper than as the creative fulcrum of the team. Seems like a joke when you type it actually :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

At least it seems like neither of the Spanish two are involved.

:(

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/13/3239564/manchester-united-and-real-madrid-have-bid-for-lucas-claims
    Sao Paulo vice-president Joao Paulo de Jesus Lopes has revealed that Manchester United and Real Madrid have both made offers for star player Lucas.

Speculation over the 19-year-old's future has intensified in recent days after the player admitted that he may leave Brazil before 2014, unlike Selecao team-mate Neymar.

Inter have long been linked with Lucas, and the gifted attacker has publicly declared that he would jump at the chance to join the Italian giants.

However, Jesus Lopes claims that he has not yet heard from the Nerazzurri, but indicated that the Red Devils and the Spanish champions have already launched offers for the player.

"I can say that we have not yet received any official offer from Inter for Lucas, nor have we received any information about any proposal from them," he told FCInternews.it.

"With regards to the offers from Manchester United and Real Madrid, we are studying them internally. We cannot say anything else for obvious reasons.

just getting around to planning trips now and getting to know the fixture list...good god our fixtures are brutal tough.....

got to miss spurs due to a wedding, which is a bummer, but ill survive!

anybody here decide to get a season ticket this year?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2173284/Lucas-Moura-wont-sold-Manchester-United.html
    Sao Paulo are digging their heels in over Lucas Moura after admitting they had received an offer from Manchester United.
    ‘It is a risk not selling Lucas, but we are going to take it,’ said president Juvenal Juvencio.

Owen_S wrote: »
    Anderson was considered one of the most promising young attacking midfielders in the world when we bought him, there was little doubt of his ability in the position.
    An example of how highly he was rated:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Golden_Boy
    The previous winners were Fabregas and Aguero, while he was followed by Pato.

Was looking at that list the other day thinking, it really has worked out well form wise hasn't it!

Miguel Delaney ‏@MiguelDelaney
    Manchester United have put in formal bid for Lucas Moura. Details of that plus general transfer activity in Irish Examiner tomorrow with Moutinho set on AVB/Sprs and a Modric deal looking unlikely, there is some concern over United's midfield. Out of options....Personally somewhat surprised United have gone all out for Moura. They need midfield reinforcements and seemed to be leaning that way.

United's general summer has also bizarre. Every deal/attempted deal marked by (inevitable) book-balancing minimalism and miserly negotiating

The Times saying that United are
    preparing to make a £10m offer to secure left-back Leighton Baines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Wait, so we've put in €30m+ for some brazilian wonderkid, and €10m+ onto Baines, and Moutinho is going to spurs without us even getting a look in? Ferguson must be going for the reverse-Spain formation, no midfielders at all, just wingers and support strikers in front of the defence. We should be all over hijacking that Moutinho transfer, I thought he looked like a player that could do the business in midfield for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Pj! wrote: »

If this is true, that United's interest is real, what the sweet mother of fúck is going on at the club? We have Nani, Valencia and Young on the wing. Kagawa and Rooney who can both play ACM very well, plus Cleverley, Powell, Welbeck and Giggs who could all, to different degrees, fill in at ACM too. While in central midfield Carrick is still set to be in the first team. And Fergie is off buying another ACM/winger type.

Even if Nani is leaving, Young and Valencia are definitely good enough to be first choice. So if then we need a third choice winger get one on the cheap and put the real money and time looking/negotiating into getting a top quality central midfielder to replace Carrick in the first team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Liam O wrote: »
    So was Nani though, it was realistically the wing or CM for Ando and he's no winger, when he played as the most advanced in a 3 man midfield he didn't inspire confidence either, his quality was in his tenacity and distance covered, he had good and bad days with passing but he was clearly better playing deeper than as the creative fulcrum of the team. Seems like a joke when you type it actually :D

Just looking at clips on Ando pre United. Completely different player to what we saw at United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Wait, so we've put in €30m+ for some brazilian wonderkid, and €10m+ onto Baines, and Moutinho is going to spurs without us even getting a look in? Ferguson must be going for the reverse-Spain formation, no midfielders at all, just wingers and support strikers in front of the defence. We should be all over hijacking that Moutinho transfer, I thought he looked like a player that could do the business in midfield for us.

I was just thinking along the same lines, we bid for hazard, bid for Lucas, got kagawa..... Very attack minded, makes me think if we are going after this type of player then maybe a change in formation will happen!

Here's hoping :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement