Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Carrick shouldn't be seen as a CM anymore imo. He's a holding player, that's where he's played for the most part over the last two seasons, it's what he best at, his lack of quick feet and mobility are compensated for, he screens the defence well and has a decent range of passing. We need someone to play alongside him that can run with the ball. Anderson was supposed to be this player. Modric is the dream. I have my doubts over whether Moutinho would be up to scratch. That's not where Kagawa played for Dortmnd. Don't say Powell.

So, basically we pray to God that Cleverley proves to be someone who can at least half-fill that role and that he stays fit. I've no faith in Anderson to keep off the treatment table, he hasn't before. We still need midfield numbers after all that though. Scholes and Giggs are likely to be gone next year. Fletcher should be written off. After that you're looking at Phil Jones or Kagawa to "do a job". **** doing jobs like. Get the players in that are required.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Carrick shouldn't be seen as a CM anymore imo. He's a holding player, that's where he's played for the most part over the last two seasons, it's what he best at, his lack of quick feet and mobility are compensated for, he screens the defence well and has a decent range of passing. We need someone to play alongside him that can run with the ball. Anderson was supposed to be this player. Modric is the dream. I have my doubts over whether Moutinho would be up to scratch. That's not where Kagawa played for Dortmnd. Don't say Powell.

So, basically we pray to God that Cleverley proves to be someone who can at least half-fill that role and that he stays fit. I've no faith in Anderson to keep off the treatment table, he hasn't before. We still need midfield numbers after all that though. Scholes and Giggs are likely to be gone next year. Fletcher should be written off. After that you're looking at Phil Jones or Kagawa to "do a job". **** doing jobs like. Get the players in that are required.

The idea that a holding player or a defensive central midfielder who can only pass the ball and help get attacks going when given space is useful to a team is wrong imo. If Carrick can't start attacks when the opposition are pressing high up the pitch because he doesn't have quick enough feet then he shouldn't be in the first team. Any central player who is not in the back four or the front two is a central midfielder of some type. So Carrick is a central midfielder. Central midfielders who don't have quick feet are a waste of space.

Pro. F wrote: »
    The idea that a holding player or a defensive central midfielder who can only pass the ball and help get attacks going when given space is useful to a team is wrong imo. If Carrick can't start attacks when the opposition are pressing high up the pitch because he doesn't have quick enough feet then he shouldn't be in the first team. Any central player who is not in the back four or the front two is a central midfielder of some type. So Carrick is a central midfielder. Central midfielders who don't have quick feet are a waste of space.

He's not Iniesta. That doesn't mean that he's got two breeze blocks down there. Cleverley looked far more uncomfortable against Bilbao than he did, but that was down to rustiness more than anything else. It's like any other player, if he's got options, it's ok. There's two sides to a pass after all. I don't have any issues with Carrick. He needs help, not scapegoating. He was playing with an OAP and a centre half last year FFS.

He's not Iniesta. That doesn't mean that he's got two breeze blocks down there. Cleverley looked far more uncomfortable against Bilbao than he did, but that was down to rustiness more than anything else. It's like any other player, if he's got options, it's ok. There's two sides to a pass after all. I don't have any issues with Carrick. He needs help, not scapegoating. He was playing with an OAP and a centre half last year FFS.
    Cleverley was playing on the wing which is not his position and was rusty as you say. Cleverley is still ten times the player Carrick is when it comes to dealing with the ball in tight situations, which is an essential skill for central midfielders.

By the standards of a top European clubs' defensive central midfielder Carrick might as well have two breeze blocks down there. I'm not saying he should be as good on the ball as a Xavi, or even Scholes or Cleverley. But he is not nearly good enough for this level of competition. If Carrick gets a more mobile CM playing alongside him he will still be rubbish on the ball and will not help the team by taking the ball in tight situations and passing it forwards. He will carry on only passing the ball forward when he is in acres of space. Whenever there is a CM who has to play like that the passing and movement of the entire team is hampered.

By the standards of a top European clubs' defensive central midfielder Carrick might as well have two breeze blocks down there.

This is beyond harsh. I think it was glaringly apparent how much we missed Carrick against moderate opposition in the CL last season, Basel in particular. Carrick needs people to step up to him, not replacing. He'd no movement alongside him at all last year and still held the fort pretty well. He's a big part of our plans going forward, in Europe in particular, and that's as it should be. He has his role and he plays it well.

This is beyond harsh. I think it was glaringly apparent how much we missed Carrick against moderate opposition in the CL last season, Basel in particular. Carrick needs people to step up to him, not replacing. He'd no movement alongside him at all last year and still held the fort pretty well. He's a big part of our plans going forward, in Europe in particular, and that's as it should be. He has his role and he plays it well.

Carrick very much played his part in poor European performances and results last season. The 1-1 away draw with Benfica. The 3-3 home result against Basel that involved the shocking second half collapse. The 2-2 home draw against Benfica. Yes he is better than Jones and Park as a central midfielder. That is nothing to crow about.

He doesn't play the role quite well. He plays it quite limitedly because he is only properly useful when defending. Having a central midfielder who is so limited at a team trying to compete at the top of European club competition is a big mistake.

Carrick very much played his part in poor European performances and results last season. The 1-1 away draw with Benfica.

Giggs, Fletcher, Rooney.
    The 3-3 home result against Basel that involved the shocking second half collapse.
    EVRA. That's in the running for his worst game at the club.
    The 2-2 home draw against Benfica.
    Fabio.
    Yes he is better than Jones and Park as a central midfielder. That is nothing to crow about.

He doesn't play the role quite well. He plays it quite limitedly because he is only properly useful when defending. Having a central midfielder who is so limited at a team trying to compete at the top of European club competition is a big mistake.

I'm wondering what you expect from him to be honest. It's not his role in the team to be getting on the ball from the centre circle on and instigating moves. This is fine if we've other players who can do that. Hopefully Cleverley will develop into this role. Anderson might stay fit. He might!(Yeah, he won't.) We don't know how Petrucci will develop in future either.
    You need at least one midfielder to give ballast, defensive protection and to get the ball off the back four to start things off. Carrick does this more than adequately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Im probably wrong here but wasn't Carrick a creative midfielder for spurs and deemed an excellent passer ? Wasn't it Fergie who turned him into what he is now, a holding cm.

He had Davids alongside him. To get the best out of Carrick you need two others with legs beside him (Anderson, Fletcher, Cleverley) or one stellar all-rounder(Scholes, Davids). He was under less pressure and not in the CL then either. Spurs completely fell apart after he left as well, he ran the show for them in midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I am of the opinion you get away with Carrick in a 3 man midfield quite well if you can afford him time and space, but he simply does not have quick enough footwork against the high tempo pressing teams and he struggles, he is not in that by any means, none of the United squad really covered themselves in glory in that regard last season sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Stop buying players and trying to convert them into CMs. Just buy a ****ing established CM.

Giggs, Fletcher, Rooney.
    What about them? Are you trying to say that Carrick played well that night?
    EVRA. That's in the running for his worst game at the club.
    Yes Evra played badly. But the we gave up way too much possession and let them play their way back into it. As often happens when Carrick is involved, because he adds nothing to the possession game.
    Rafael.
    You are lying if your trying to say that the only reason we drew that game was because of defensive mistakes. The midfield was poor that night again.
    I'm wondering what you expect from him to be honest. It's not his role in the team to be getting on the ball from the centre circle on and instigating moves. This is fine if we've other players who can do that. Hopefully Cleverley will develop into this role. Anderson might stay fit. He might!(Yeah, he won't.) We don't know how Petrucci will develop in future either.
    You need at least one midfielder to give ballast, defensive protection and to get the ball off the back four to start things off. Carrick does this more than adequately.

Carrick does not get the ball off the back four and start things off. He is absolutely hopeless at that job. That's the problem.

Unless he is given acres of space he does not have the skill required to turn on the ball and pass it forward. When he is given space he will turn on it and play a ball forward, but him having space means that the opposition are marking everybody else and the chances for other players to create breaks are very limited. Central midfielders have to have the ability to receive the ball in tight situations and lose their markers with good first touch and close control. This is a required skill because one, it creates space and opportunities for the rest of the team, and two, if they don't have that skill the whole possession of the team can be shut down by the opposition pressing up the pitch and closing down the weak central midfielder. Carrick does not have this skill.

You do need to have at least one central midfielder who is defensively reliable. But when that central midfielder is so limited on the ball, like Carrick is, then they are useless at helping build attacks from deep and that is a big problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

He had Davids alongside him. To get the best out of Carrick you need two others with legs beside him (Anderson, Fletcher, Cleverley) or one stellar all-rounder(Scholes, Davids). He was under less pressure and not in the CL then either. Spurs completely fell apart after he left as well, he ran the show for them in midfield.

True, I remember how good he was for spurs infact he had a decent 1st season at united too I think.

But that's a good point he probably does need someone with an engine/box to box along side him but tbh though he still is a very limited player. I think compared to Europe's elite cm's we could do a lot better than Carrick, he does go missing when the going gets tough.

Im probably wrong here but wasn't Carrick a creative midfielder for spurs and deemed an excellent passer ? Wasn't it Fergie who turned him into what he is now, a holding cm.

He was only rated by people who don't actually appreciate the qualities of top class central midfielders. One of which is Fergie unfortunately. His passing is good, but he needs far too much space to control the ball before he plays those passes.

kryogen wrote: »
    I am of the opinion you get away with Carrick in a 3 man midfield quite well if you can afford him time and space, but he simply does not have quick enough footwork against the high tempo pressing teams and he struggles, he is not in that by any means, none of the United squad really covered themselves in glory in that regard last season sadly.

I agree that you can get away with him as you say. I don't think it even has to be a three man midfield, depending on the opposition (ie. a lot of PL opposition), or if you play a deep lying counter attacking game. Like the team used to play in Europe when Ronaldo was around.

But that means you are forgoing one midfielder on the team sheet when it comes to the passing and moving, possession side of the game. The idea that if a central midfielder is reliable defensively he can't be skillful on the ball is very wrong imo.

• Advertisement

What about them? Are you trying to say that Carrick played well that night?

He didn't play badly.
    Yes Evra played badly. But the we gave up way too much possession and let them play their way back into it. As often happens when Carrick is involved, because he adds nothing to the possession game.

Carrick's a PROBLEM when it comes to ball retention? A problem? Really?
    You are lying if your trying to say that the only reason we drew that game was because of defensive mistakes. The midfield was poor that night again.

And again, Carrick wasn't the issue. Others were.

Carrick does not get the ball off the back four and start things off. He is absolutely hopeless at that job. That's the problem.

Carrick's the first midfielder to receive the ball out of defence. That's what he did last year. And the year before that.
    Unless he is given acres of space he does not have the skill required to turn on the ball and pass it forward. When he is given space he will turn on it and play a ball forward, but him having space means that the opposition are marking everybody else and the chances for other players to create breaks are very limited. Central midfielders have to have the ability to receive the ball in tight situations and lose their markers with good first touch and close control. This is a required skill because one, it creates space and opportunities for the rest of the team, and two, if they don't have that skill the whole possession of the team can be shut down by the opposition pressing up the pitch and closing down the weak central midfielder. Carrick does not have this skill.

Few do. People should realign their expectations of Carrick. He's never going to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and dominate it. He will be a good defensive presence and also good at initially distributing the ball though.
    You do need to have at least one central midfielder who is defensively reliable. But when that central midfielder is so limited on the ball, like Carrick is,
    Carrick is limited on the ball now...?
    then they are useless at helping build attacks from deep and that is a big problem.

Carrick's the first step. It's not spectacular and it's not especially creative everytime but it is reliable. It is a solid platform from which to build the play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Don't take this the wrong way Winston, but what was your old account name?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Max?

Tyranax. There's a very stupid story behind how I had to reregister. I'd forgotten the password for my Tyranax account, this was around the time Boards was hacked a while ago. I emailed a mod for my new password. Then my laptop broke. I wasn't going to email him again within a month(forgotten my new password, of course). So I didn't bother posting on here anymore until I decided to re-reg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Max?

Churchill would be my guess.

• Advertisement

I will defend him like he steadfastly defends our goal in crab-like fashion. I will defend him across timezones. I will defend him post-displays good and bad, as age doth wither him. I shall never surrender.

Maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭bernardamaac.

What are ye all cribbing about carrick for? fair enough he's not the best player but he shows for the ball.tbh tho shouldnt e startin next season should be fletcher -scholes -kagawa-and valencia.in 4-2-2.God bless fletcher what a season he had before his bowl disease. :(

Carrick carried Fletcher's weight for the best part of a year. His condition was noticably affecting him in 2010. I was just attributing it to poor form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

What are ye all cribbing about carrick for? fair enough he's not the best player but he shows for the ball.tbh tho shouldnt e startin next season should be fletcher -scholes -kagawa-and valencia.in 4-2-2.God bless fletcher what a season he had before his bowl disease. :(

:pac:

Yarn+Bowl_broken.jpg

NSFW FFS TBH.

He didn't play badly.
    And again, Carrick wasn't the issue. Others were.

We disagree and since we don't rate Carrick the same we are never going to agree about any one performance. But your point that we missed him in Europe still doesn't stand up. We were still poo when he was in the team and as I said, him being better than Jones, Park and a sick Fletcher is not impressive.
    Carrick's a PROBLEM when it comes to ball retention? A problem? Really?

Carrick's the first midfielder to receive the ball out of defence. That's what he did last year. And the year before that.
    Carrick's the first step. It's not spectacular and it's not especially creative everytime but it is reliable. It is a solid platform from which to build the play.

The way you are talking about ball retention would make me think that you are making the old mistake of thinking that pass completion numbers mean that a central midfielder has done a good job in possession. If the CM always passes the ball backwards when under pressure, then he does nothing to relieve that pressure and encourages the opposition to press higher and our defenders to hoof it long. This is what Carrick does. And his pass completion numbers can still be high doing it.

As I wrote before, he either passes it forward when he has acres of space, or he passes it backwards when he is put under pressure. He does not, and can not, take any responsibility himself for contributing to the passing moves that cause good effective spells of possession where the opposition are dragged around and opportunities are made for the forwards. That inhibits the whole team's effectiveness in possession.
    Few do. People should realign their expectations of Carrick. He's never going to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and dominate it. He will be a good defensive presence and also good at initially distributing the ball though.

Many, many, many do. It is only really in Britain and Ireland that this myth persists about there being no defensively reliable central midfielders with skill on the ball. It is because of the god awful youth training that has been going on for years. In the rest of the world the English style of football and the midfielders it produces is a laughing stock. Carrick is very much a part of that.

Now, I know your next question will be to name these players.

Here's some of the many CMs who are both good on the ball and defensively reliable, but that we can't buy or shouldn't buy (for off field issues, age, price, etc): Vidal, Buesquets, Song, Lucas, M'Villa, Cambiasso, Albelda, Yaya Toure, De Rossi. And here's some that we may be able to get: Las Diarra, Fellaini, Javi Martinez, Leon Britton (would be better off in a five man midfield or with a strong energetic midfielder beside him, so he probably wouldn't really suit us). Not a very long list I will admit, but when Fergie keeps on passing up opportunities like Vidal last year it gets difficult to keep finding options.

Carrick is limited on the ball now...?

Of course Carrick is limited on the ball. You said yourself that he doesn't have quick feet. I think to say that Carrick is anything other than limited on the ball is to be completely absurd.

Keno 92 wrote: »

Yarn+Bowl_broken.jpg

We can alway rely on you to crack a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

If this Lucas Moura bid is true, then there has to be some seismic shift in formation and tactics going on. That would give insane depth in agile, speedy players, so maybe Fergie is going to use them in a high paced pressing game? That squad would be easily skilled enough to retain the ball once winning it back. Although last season was strange because it looked like they weren't even trying at times.

Still think we need an actual CM though. I know we'd be starting this season with six of them, but two will be retiring next year and two of the others have to seriously step up this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

We should be all over hijacking that Moutinho transfer
    I would imagine that AVB is a huge factor in the Moutinho - Spurs connection.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfolcjtTKoDFAFDEQlRBYCjjxkOpy6LCkwFD58qqQm5f432x6QRA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Im cracking up here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

How far can United really go with this bid?

If the figure of £25million is correct as their first public bid, then how much more is needed to get this guy?

I'm thinking that as soon as it gets close to £30million that United walk away. They may have already gone as far as they can with it. I just can't see them going to, and over £30million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The Times is running with the Baines story,reporting a 10 mil bid.I'd take him for that but no more. Re. Carrick,I've made my feelings known about him before,decent when given time on the ball,useless when pressed,thats why we need a cm to help him and do the dirty work & get stuck in as he cant fill this role.Was reading Dembeles stats as cm and they are very impressive plus he wouldnt break the bank if we have cash left over from possibly signing Moura & Baines.

OctavarIan wrote: »
    If this Lucas Moura bid is true, then there has to be some seismic shift in formation and tactics going on. That would give insane depth in agile, speedy players, so maybe Fergie is going to use them in a high paced pressing game? That squad would be easily skilled enough to retain the ball once winning it back. Although last season was strange because it looked like they weren't even trying at times.

Still think we need an actual CM though. I know we'd be starting this season with six of them, but two will be retiring next year and two of the others have to seriously step up this season.

The girlfriend never watches football but the odd time she watches a United match with me she always says it looks like United don't chase around enough. She is convinced they only start trying when they go a goal down. I have to agree in some ways. They have a very relaxed approach to games which can be hard to snap out of when needed.
    I wish United started every game like they did in the first half of the FA cup game against City. They went straight for the throat in that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

GSPfan wrote: »
    The girlfriend never watches football but the odd time she watches a United match with me she always says it looks like United don't chase around enough. She is convinced they only start trying when they go a goal down. I have to agree in some ways. They have a very relaxed approach to games which can be hard to snap out of when needed.
    I wish United started every game like they did in the first half of the FA cup game against City. They went straight for the throat in that game.

Easier said then done, but I get what your trying to say.

I think United need to get back to the old quick 1-2 passing where we find space for players to run onto.

We have become too static in games and need to play at higher tempo. Our style of players are suited more to a fast pace game then the labouring we have seen in past few seasons.

Easier said then done, but I get what your trying to say.

Ha, Obviously! :)

Sure forget the City game, Tell the lads to go out and play like the 7-1 home leg to Roma. That was the most inspired 90 minutes I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

www.footballtradedirectory.com/news/2012/july/manchester-united-sign-new-deal-ahead.html
    Manchester United have signed an international broadcast deal with Hamburg-based media rights agency UFA Sports to the Premier League team's upcoming pre-season tour.

United will play five games in total across three continents and over a three-week period from 18th July.

The tour begins in South Africa with a game against Amazulu, before taking in a trip to China to face Shanghai Shenhua, before United return to Europe to play Valarenga and Barcelona in Oslo and Gothenburg respectively.

Although figures have not been realeased, United can expect to make a significant six-figure amount through the deal with UFA Sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

anyone know what kind of team united are sending over to play cork city in the friendly on the 25? the bit about manchester united "xi" worries me...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

buyer95 wrote: »
    anyone know what kind of team united are sending over to play cork city in the friendly on the 25? the bit about manchester united "xi" worries me...

The full advert said "Man United xi (Reserve Team)" if I remember right, so I wouldn't expect anyone huge. Could be a fun chance to see some young guys before they become major stars though ;)

Lol our wiki page :pac:

8721928.jpg

OG not having a shirt number yet :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Scholes speaking about pre-season.
    "This time last year, I was in Portugal somewhere," said Scholes. "I was glad I wasn’t involved in pre-season but, 12 months on, I’m looking forward to it and enjoying being part of it. Hopefully we can have a successful season.

It’s a tough part of the season to get all the running done but it’s great seeing the lads again and mixing together. It’s something you miss when you’ve been away for a while.

The friendlies are a massive part of it. You can do all the training you like but it’s games where your fitness really counts and we’ve been to South Africa before and know they’re tough games.

We’ll be well on our way once we’ve had a couple of games out there and the match in China, plus the next three games as well."

Scholes added "It’s all about the fitness at this time of year so we’re hoping we can come out of those games feeling a bit stronger and fitter.

We’ve only been doing two or three days so we’re still a way off being ready for a game. Hopefully, in the next 10 days, we’ll be ready and raring to go.

It is difficult. Ask any footballer, it’s the most difficult part of the season where you’re mainly running with a little bit of football here and there.

It’s vital and we all know what we need coming up to a new season.

I wouldn’t say I look forward to it but I know it’s something we’ve got to do and, in two or three weeks, we’ll feel the benefit from it.

The football bit is enjoyable. When you’ve been off seven or eight weeks now, to come back and just be playing football again is nice. Obviously, it’s tough on the lungs and the legs but we’ll be back in the swing of things in a fortnight or so."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

aditya reds at it again. Amazing, can't wait. 37 days till the Everton game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

@transfernewscen

Inter boss Andrea Stramaccioni says they are not confident of signing Lucas Moira as the asking price is too high,

Id like to see him at United but the chances are slim

alproctor wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfolcjtTKoDFAFDEQlRBYCjjxkOpy6LCkwFD58qqQm5f432x6QRA

''Crack is the correct spelling. It's a word from the north of England originally and we are speaking English. ''Craic'' is a silly Irishism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Carrick is not the best midfielder in the world but he is our best midfielder. I dont understand people saying he needs replacing. Whats needed is somebody to partner him. Would be great but in reality we will sign one midfielder but i dont know who. Would be nice to spunk loads on that Brazilian or Modric but for that money could probably get two good midfielders. I havent seen enough of them to say how good they are. But i presume we could get two of Witsel, that Dutch player that i cant remember or Mvilla for a little more than the money spent on Modric. Going to be interesting few weeks.

Scholes looked tired near the end of the season wont play as many games next season.
    Fletcher prob wont be back.
    Cleverley and Anderson injury prone.
    Powell and Petrucci not experienced enough.
    Giggs too old.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Carrick is not the best midfielder in the world but he is our best midfielder. I dont understand people saying he needs replacing. Whats needed is somebody to partner him. Would be great but in reality we will sign one midfielder but i dont know who. Would be nice to spunk loads on that Brazilian or Modric but for that money could probably get two good midfielders. I havent seen enough of them to say how good they are. But i presume we could get two of Witsel, that Dutch player that i cant remember or Mvilla for a little more than the money spent on Modric. Going to be interesting few weeks.

Scholes looked tired near the end of the season wont play as many games next season.
    Fletcher prob wont be back.
    Cleverley and Anderson injury prone.
    Powell and Petrucci not experienced enough.
    Giggs too old.

You thinking of Kevin Strootman?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

Reports this morning saying we are in talkis with Christian Eriksen.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/905119-christian-eriksen-in-manchester-united-transfer-talks

If we do signs I expect it to be as an alternative to Lucas Moura.
    Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

4-1-4-1 WIN!

Raf Vid Rio Baines

Carrick

Val Eriksen Kagawa Nani

Rooney

Disclaimer : the **** extent of 'lol' contained in this post is, indeed, intended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

I like this Nick Powell chap :)

@NPowell25: And what....  What's wrong with my stallion corsa. a21d4130.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

''Crack is the correct spelling. It's a word from the north of England originally and we are speaking English. ''Craic'' is a silly Irishism.

Indeed Pro.F, the facepalm was more intended as a groan, as in Ivy's "cracking" joke...
    Looking back, with the dull ache of the hangover slowly fading, my post didn't make much sense!

:o

Yes, blame the hangover, that might work.... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,230 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

TheTownie wrote: »
    Scholes speaking about pre-season.

Scholes, the media whore. Does he ever shut up?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement