Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭KH25

Kharrell wrote: »
    Reports this morning saying we are in talkis with Christian Eriksen.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/905119-christian-eriksen-in-manchester-united-transfer-talks

If we do signs I expect it to be as an alternative to Lucas Moura.
    Thoughts?

I would love to see him sign for us. I think he'll be a huge player in the future. But he plays in the same position as Kagawa, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

What's the #1 rule regarding clubs/presidents/vice presidents in South America?

Do not believe a word they say and more often than not, go with the opposite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Seems like transfer rumours take the weekend off. Would love the Lucas Moura thing to be wrapped up or killed off quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

What's the #1 rule regarding clubs/presidents/vice presidents in South America?

Do not believe a word they say and more often than not, go with the opposite.

Manchester United have sent a delegation to Brazil to sell Lucas Moura?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

I find that they are very honest, there fans demand to be in the know of everything that happens in their club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

5f0f4338d9e838fdf0f9366ae767b58f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

5f0f4338d9e838fdf0f9366ae767b58f.jpg

i'm so un convinced. In all the 9 minutes I only seen I think 6 goals and 2 assists. I seen plenty of running around the same player doing tricks 5 times.

Not my choice if you ask me.

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    i'm so un convinced. In all the 9 minutes I only seen I think 6 goals and 2 assists. I seen plenty of running around the same player doing tricks 5 times.

Deciding you don't want a player based on a YouTube video is just as moronic as deciding you want a player based on a YouTube video.

When a video editor sits down to make a compilation he picks the flashiest or most exciting clips. He doesn't pick clips showing good work-rate, ability to retain possession or other important aspects of a player's game because he is not trying to convince you why this player is good for your team, he wants skills. Lucas happens to have bags of skills, I'm sure it's not the only aspect of his game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Well according to Wiki he has 104 appearances for São Paulo, 26 goals and 20 assists.

So on top of the super awesome skills that make me want to jizz myself, he has scored or created a goal every 2.26 games.

Not bad for a 19 year old, don't you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Well according to Wiki he has 104 appearances for São Paulo, 26 goals and 20 assists.

So on top of the super awesome skills that make me want to jizz myself, he has scored or created a goal every 2.26 games.

It is worth mentioning that it isn't a top league, but still an impressive return for a young player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Predalien

Just going on those clips, he looks like a player that'd drive me mad, loses good opportunities to make use of the ball by constantly overcomplicating things. Youth, I suppose, is an excuse but clearly needs to learn to simplify things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

He looks like he could be Tom Huddlestone's South American cousin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

People love knocking young fellas for whatever reason but he obviously has bags of talent.
    Any team would want him and I'd love to see him sign for United. But it's probably doubtful.

Predalien wrote: »
    Just going on those clips, he looks like a player that'd drive me mad, loses good opportunities to make use of the ball by constantly overcomplicating things. Youth, I suppose, is an excuse but clearly needs to learn to simplify things.

This remark was made of Christiano Ronaldo for the first two years of his United career. The hope would be that he will learn the TEAM aspect of the game. Thats assuming he doesn't know it already. Youtube, ya know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

BBC Radio are reporting that Manchester United are finalising a deal for Lucas Moura

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,835 ✭✭✭✭dahat

BBC Radio are reporting that Manchester United are finalising a deal for Lucas Moura

Ah jayasus,are they reputable?hard to see him,Baines and Ericksen coming..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,230 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Interesting.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

We had this with Hazard as well. If I recall correctly it wasn't actually a BBC reporter, but some unaffiliated reporter who happened to be on BBC Radio?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

All depends on who from BBC radio has said it. If it was from someone like Ian McGarry, then ignore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

OctavarIan wrote: »
    We had this with Hazard as well. If I recall correctly it wasn't actually a BBC reporter, but some unaffiliated reporter who happened to be on BBC Radio?

Colin Murray has said on BBC radio that he heard from a source that we were signing Hazard. That was all.

If I find any more details I'll keep ye posted,

I should be Bryan swanson's replacement :P

Did you get this from twitter?

Please say you didn't get this from twitter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

How many mobiles have you got? You need at least 4.

How many mobiles have you got? You need at least 4.

Well I have a Nokia and a dual sim one so 3 Sim cards :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

Transfer%20Gimp.jpg

• Advertisement

Not good enough. You need to be able to hold all 4 of them up to the screen to show the public just how busy and in demand you are. 2 just won't cut it.

CR 7 wrote: »
    Transfer%20Gimp.jpg

I love this picture so much :D.

Not good enough. You need to be able to hold all 4 of them up to the screen to show the public just how busy and in demand you are. 2 just won't cut it.

Sorry I'll get another one with my communion money

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

I love this picture so much :D.

The end of every window is the start of a countdown to the next opportunity to use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,406 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

They have a new transfer gimp now

jh3gr4.jpg

• Advertisement

The word finalising could be just a poor choice of words. He may have meant negotiating. Or hopefull, or no chance in hell!:p

Not a jot on BBC Radio sports news about it.

It all seems to have come from this tweet:

Manchester United ‏@allmanunited
    Just heard on BBC radio 5 live that United are finalizing a deal for Lucas Moura
    Collapse
    Reply Retweet Favorite

Some young fella it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Don't know if its well known but Sao Paulo only own 80% of Lucas. Lucas' representatives, i.e. his Daddy, own 20%.

So Sao Paulo want the 80% of the fee to be matching their valuation. Not sure what their valuation is as there are various figures being bandied about but it will no doubt take a £30M+ bid to have a hope of signing him and I don't think Utd are willing to go that far..

In other words, he not going to be joining Utd.

This reminds me of Christiano's transfer. I remember watching that Sporting match against United and seeing him and thinking "Wow what a talent".
    Yeah this is a bit different, but it still has that buzz of a potential superstar arriving at United. A game changer. Just what United need.

disclaimer: I'm aware its all twitter rumours. But I don't care. I'm a glass half full kinda guy.

TheTownie wrote: »
    In other words, he not going to be joining Utd.

Stop ruining it for me. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

God bless you all for the sheer optimism of signing Lucas
    You havent a hope in hell. If he was available then Chelsea or City would blow you out of the water just with Hazard.
    He's been a long term target for Chelsea and a £30 million offer was made last Jan and rejected

Still, you gotta dream dont ya? :p

bevosp.png

I'm an atheist, I've gotta believe in something.

It must be official. Some random guy on twitter just said he has signed. Phew. Done and Dusted. :)

GSPfan wrote: »
    It must be official. Some random guy on twitter just said he has signed. Phew. Done and Dusted. :)

Ive heard nothing on my 4 mobile phones so that guy is spoofing to say the least,

• Advertisement

Why would this random guy Lie?? :confused: Twitter is a place of honesty and integrity. Check those phones are charged cause something isnt adding up.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Why would this random guy Lie?? :confused: Twitter is a place of honesty and integrity. Check those phones are charged cause something isnt adding up.
    ok will do,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

You havent a hope in hell. If he was available then Chelsea or City would blow you out of the water just with Hazard.
    He's been a long term target for Chelsea and a £30 million offer was made last Jan and rejected

A poor choice of words for the man who claims United offered the most money......

Twist the story to suit your argument eh, well I never

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Nothing better to do on a sat night?????

<snip>

there ye go buddy:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Take it down or the mods will be on you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Why do people bother replying to him?

He's clearly deluded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,406 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

That player who wasn't going to sign for Chelsea until they fluked the Champions League and was going to choose United over City? I'd rather Kagawa anyday. I'm sure when Hazard and Mata move to Spain in 2 years you'll be singing the same tune though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

For the money that is being reported I would rather spend on someone in who has Champion League games played. Too much of a gamble for the money being mentioned, plus you could imagine the player staying couple of years in Manchester and then moving to Spain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Why would we sign Lucas anyway. It makes zero sense unless Nani is on the way out and we are shifting towards a new system.

Every red cent we have should be in the CM pot, then a lb and then someone in the forwards.

It really is silly season.

• Advertisement

Hopefully he moves from United to Spain after winning a few leagues and a European cup. I can take that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement