Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,835 ✭✭✭✭dahat

While the house hunting rumours are nonsense, surely he is.city bound if he moves to another prem club???

Has to be,he is a player we don not need now,total waste of 12-15 million imo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

dahat wrote: »
    Has to be,he is a player we don not need now,total waste of 12-15 million imo...

And it'll take another 10 million on top of that for Arsenal to release him from his contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭tinofapples

greendom wrote: »
    And it'll take another 10 million on top of that for Arsenal to release him from his contract

If United are interested how about throwing Berba into the deal ? From what I've seen of Lucas I'd love him at OT but at that price I dunno, MASSIVE gamble. The whole "will he want to leave someday" doesn't bother me today but might someday. Having said that we made a tidy profit on Cristiano.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

If United are interested how about throwing Berba into the deal ?

If he was fully motivated. Don't want another Arshavin on our hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

The twitter machine is busy today :P

A few people I follow are saying that QPR are to bid 9 million for berbatov,

Unlikely id say

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Unlikely id say

That's great, thanks for sharing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Unlikely id say

That's a caughtoffside story.

You're not good at this are you?

Pj! wrote: »

Unlikely id say

That's a caughtoffside story.

You're not good at this are you?

No :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If the club got a pound for every rumour that is been branded about on Twitter we be Debt Free now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭KH25

Does anyone else find it strange that we haven't really been linked with a CM in the last few days? The moutinho story seems to have died down and there hasn't even been much about Modric. I hope there's something going on at Old Trafford that the media just hasn't got a hold of yet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

God love QPR, basically becoming our reserve team :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Apparently two clubs are interested in Eriksen (Obviously more than two but two have stepped up their interest).

Daily Fail saying Zenit St Petersburg are the first club and have lodge a bid. Utd are the second club.

Mirror saying Eriksen will ask Marc Overmars, Ajax DoF, who the second club are as he is unaware.

Metro are regurgitating a story from Sport1, a Dutch newspaper, saying negotiations with Utd have already begun.

Not a quote in sight from anyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

TheTownie wrote: »
    Apparently two clubs are interested in Eriksen (Obviously more than two but two have stepped up their interest).

From Wiki:

jtwdq0.jpg

Damn we missed a good one there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

557207_341891402558892_1877334607_n.jpg

Some new signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Sorry lads but Copper Pipe and his 4 mobiles will be off duty from 11 to 12:15, The GAA needs me :P

Pah!
    Foreign games!!

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Stories emerging now that Spurs are out of the running for Moutinho,Porto won't sell for less than €30 million & Spurs won't match that fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Rio being stupid and getting himself into trouble, hope Fergie has a word with him.

double GG wrote: »
    557207_341891402558892_1877334607_n.jpg

Some new signings.

WTF is Ba doing to RVP?

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Rio being stupid and getting himself into trouble, hope Fergie has a word with him.
    ???

???

He quoted some guy on twitter who referred to Ashley Cole as a 'choc ice'. Rio says that it wasn't a racist term and that its a way of calling someone a fake. I think he deleted the tweet later. Cole put out a statement that he and Rio are friends and that he has no intention of making a complaint.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/15/rio-ferdinand-ashley-cole-racist-fake?newsfeed=true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

People are trying to make a story out of nothing with the Rio thing, doesn't change the fact that the man is an absolute idiot mind you.

That crap with the film of the day tweets now this... No common sense.

Christ, who gives a fúck?

The way he carried on during the trial was almost childish. Those movie of the day tweets were cringeworthy. Regardless of whether the Cole thing was offensive or not, Rio's not doing himself any favours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭KJF

Poor Berbatov, deserves so much better:

Via his Facebook page
    Because i am tired of speculation,i am talling you this. I read the papers and i see they say 10 million pounds is my price. I go and talk with Sir Alex, and he says to me 5 million..So who is talling the truth, what do you think??..And the truth is, I love this club, but i am not going to be useful to anyone, if i am not playing. And i want to play, i want to help. But for unknown reasons its not going to happen, or my chances will be limited, so it's better for everyone if we say goodbay. If not, i am professional and i will keep doing everything i can, to help my team and my teammates, whenever i have opportunity to do so.

http://www.facebook.com/berbatov.bg/posts/10150959274478526

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Would you honestly imagine that Berbatov has written that himself?

VW 1 wrote: »
    Why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

That Berba facebook is just a fan page is it not?

Why not?

Berba can speak English for a start. He has also never gone public, Facebook would seem like an odd medium to do that for the first time, particularly considering its just a fan page from what I understand

I will say, although I would be extremely surprised if it came from him, I guess we can't rule it out at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

kryogen wrote: »
    Berba can speak English for a start. He has also never gone public, Facebook would seem like an odd medium to do that for the first time, particularly considering its just a fan page from what I understand
    I've seen him speak English to a good standard in few different interviews, some can be found on Youtube. I do however doubt the authenticity of that statement, it does appear to be a fan page.

Owen_S wrote: »
    I've seen him speak English to a good standard in few different interviews, some can be found on Youtube. I do however doubt the authenticity of that statement, it does appear to be a fan page.

That was my point, he can speak English! So the spelling errors are a bit odd. Why not just put out a statement if he wants to go public? If it really is him then Fergie is gonna have the same reaction as if he put out an official statement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Owen_S wrote: »

While I also seriously doubt the authenticity of the statement on Facebook, just because someone can speak a language to a good standard doesn't necessarily mean they can also write to the same standard.

Guys, there are plenty of people who can speak English perfectly well as a first language but can't spell for shít. The fact that Berba can speak English well is meaningless when it comes to spelling.

But if it's a fan page then it's a fan page, so it's bollocks.

Guys, there are plenty of people who can speak English perfectly well as a first language but can't spell for shít. The fact that Berba can speak English well is meaningless when it comes to spelling.

But if it's a fan page then it's a fan page, so it's bollocks.

But Berba has been living in England for how many years now? He has been writing and reading in English for a long time. Would be very surprised if he would be making basic spelling mistakes to be honest.

Edit: According to his bio he learned to speak English at a young age

Manchester United delegation in Cork today to tie up a deal for Lar Corbett!!!

kryogen wrote: »
    But Berba has been living in England for how many years now? He has been writing and reading in English for a long time. Would be very surprised if he would be making basic spelling mistakes to be honest.

Edit: According to his bio he learned to speak English at a young age
    Yes, but speaking is not writing. You only have to look around this site and see people who have spoken English all their life who can't spell properly.

I did say reading and writing :) Not just speaking, you could very well be right, but I think a guy as sophisticated as the sex bomb that is Berbatov would know how to spell talk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

VW 1 wrote: »
    Why not?

Just for the reason that the man has so much class that if he was to make this type of statement I'm sure there would be an ample amount of journalists who would love to do an interview with him to get the full story. I can't believe he would possibly disclose this through Facebook, putting the fact that it is a fanpage aside.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

I'm pretty sure that is Berbatovs offical page and he does all the posts himself. I follow it and he has posted very legit looking photos of himself with his kid and holidays snaps before.

He had pics of himself after training on this week and previously he has posted up his drawings, he likes to sketch celebs and pics of him with his Dad and brother.

I'b be 99.9% sure he made that post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

"Better than Keno 92" eh? haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Sky Sports News just reported the Berbatov story coming from his facebook page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,230 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

There's a few personal pictures on the Facebook page so it could well be Berba's.

Or a very dedicated (weird) fan.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Sky Sports News just reported the Berbatov story coming from his facebook page.

SSN,Twitter,Boards etc...everyone is rehashing the same stories just now,very few having actual foundation and proof,roll on the season quickly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Great for cups games but will refuse to play in the league!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Brick walsh played midfield a few times...tis him we are after. tramore celtic considering the offer

Brick walsh played midfield a few times...tis him we are after. tramore celtic considering the offer

Shane Dowling for the frees,

• Advertisement

Keno 92 wrote: »
    "Better than Keno 92" eh? haha

I dunno, couldn't think of anything else to put :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I dunno, couldn't think of anything else to put :P

I hope someone sues you for false advertisement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Just seen on the TV here, about Berbatov. Not 100% sure on that they said as my Bulgarian isn't the best but they could be just getting it from the FB page.

If I hear anything I shall let you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Is this Moura boy going to Utd? Is he all that? Is Modric going to Madrid? Is Modrid better than Moura?

Is this Moura boy going to Utd? no Is he all that? possibly Is Modric going to Madrid? possibly Is Modrid better than Moura? Modrid, talented as it is, cannot really be fairly compared to Moura.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement