Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Giggsy11 wrote: »

Ya heard that... Also heard Globo are the Brazilian equivalent of the Daily Fail...

Lets see if the European papers run with it, or more importantly which ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

TheTownie wrote: »
    Ya heard that... Also heard Globo are the Brazilian equivalent of the Daily Fail...

Lets see if the European papers run with it, or more importantly which ones.

I read that paper is very reliable :confused:

Anyways if true this is madness. We can sign CM, LB and keep the change for Jan window than spending 30 plus million pounds on Lucas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Owen_S wrote: »
    Brady will be useful as an attacking option too, the team has lacked a good left footed attacker in recent seasons. Blackett will probably get a regular place in the reserves.

You can't say we have struggled because of not having a left footed attacker tbf, our wingers are our most potent attacking source. At left back Evra is good going forward still in terms of making runs and linking play, his final ball could always be improved alright, wastes too many good opportunities when he has the chance to put a ball in. Not all the time however.

It is in defence where we have been vulnerable on the left side, playing Brady there would not inspire any confidence for me that he would be any better defensively then Evra. Blackett has looked good going forward and defending so in terms of the tour I would prefer to see him play the games.

If Brady doesn't go on loan he will be an option to have alright and Blackett will be the left back in the reserves, which will be good for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

I'm happy to believe it is a done deal. I've decided to just faithfully believe all the media gossip, unquestioningly from now on.

we'll have some squad by September, lads. No midfielders but sure they are an anachronism, like the W formation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

I'm happy to believe it is a done deal. I've decided to just faithfully believe all the media gossip, unquestioningly from now on.

we'll have some squad by September, lads. No midfielders but sure they are an anachronism, like the W formation.

Fergie saw Spain playing without strikers and thought he would try something similar . The only difference is we won't be playing anyone in central midfield.

This is only logical reason I can come up with.

I read that paper is very reliable :confused:

Anyways if true this is madness. We can sign CM, LB and keep the change for Jan window than spending 30 plus million pounds on Lucas.

Who knows.. either way it looks like Sao Paulo really want to screw Utd over so I think it would be best if they looked elsewhere at this stage.

EDIT: ESPN running the story now. Same source obviously.

EDIT: Daily Fail too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I just want a bloody signing at this stage. Give us Lucas or someone else but make it exciting.

Andy Carroll need not apply

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

-- Rafael - Rio - Vidic - Evra

Carrick

Valencia - Kagawa - Moura - Nani

Rooney

Or something equally weird... :D

Or call me mad all you want....

Carrick ---- Rooney

- Valencia - Kagawa - Nani ----

Welbeck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Carrick ---- Rooney

Welbeck

I reckon we will see this team or something damn close at some stage of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

A few players played well against United in Europe last season. I am surprised United are not going for someone like Muniain, he can play wide or a central area and he would be more likely to settle as he would only be coming from spain. Same age as Lucas but less of a gamble. I though De Gea's signing may have been a sign of things to come, going after young players who have achieved a lot in Europe in a short time frame.

ah well maybe its my own ignorance of Lucas that has me thinking that way. Never heard of him outside this thread and I am just going along the lines, Brazil to England is a difficult task for a young player. Spain to England is not so tough.

I agree, using our best striker as our central midfielder is the way forward

I asked a Brazilian how reliable was the source, he said most reliable important paper in Brazil.

Wiki at its best as usual...

That Wiki change has been fixed but has been countered with this;
    Club Career

Lucas decided to sign for Manchester United, and a deal was agreed between the two clubs in July 2012.

Someone is on a mission. :pac:

I asked a Brazilian how reliable was the source, he said most reliable important paper in Brazil.

Must get myself one of those. Fair handy..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

DM-ICE wrote: »
    A few players played well against United in Europe last season. I am surprised United are not going for someone like Muniain, he can play wide or a central area and he would be more likely to settle as he would only be coming from spain. Same age as Lucas but less of a gamble. I though De Gea's signing may have been a sign of things to come, going after young players who have achieved a lot in Europe in a short time frame.

Doubt Bilbao would let Muniain go, and even if they did probably cost a fortune.
    There's not too many of his talent wandering Basque country tbf

Must get myself one of those. Fair handy..

:confused:

Why Brazilian, you can get Belgian, Argentinian or any other nationality one. :pac:

Edit: There are Brazilians in other forums, just fyi. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    I reckon we will see this team or something damn close at some stage of the season.

Exactly. once a run of injuries and bad results set in, i can see rooney being put in midfield like last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Carrick ---- Rooney

Welbeck

You're mad, you're mad, you're mad, you're mad, you're mad, you're mad, you're mad, you're mad, you're mad, you're mad, you're mad, you're mad, you're mad, you're mad, you're mad, you're mad, you're mad, you're mad, you're mad, you're mad, you're mad, you're mad, you're mad, you're mad, you're mad, you're mad, you're mad, you're mad, you're mad, you're mad, you're mad, you're mad, you're mad, you're mad, you're mad, you're mad.

Mad I tells ya.

Edit - Seriously though, a lot of you guys have been banging the 'Need a new CM' drum for ages now, and I do agree, but haven't been as vocal on the matter as some. If this (team above) does come to pass, however, I'll be screaming from the nearest window - There is no way in hell our best striker/forward/attacker should be utilised in midfield.....

• Advertisement

Berbatov's agent, Emil Dantchev, talking up move to Italy;
    "He may leave Manchester United at any time. His most likely destination is Italy, he's always loved Italian football," Dantchev told calciomercato.com.

"I know that Milan and Juventus are looking for a striker. I can say that they are two big clubs.

I cannot say much but I do say that Berbatov likes Milan and looks good in red and black.

Dimitar would run to AC Milan, because the club have appreciated him for years.

They will have to speak with Manchester United and start negotiations."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

So there we have it, all it takes to make Berba run is a move to Milan! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

iv been reading reports of united signing the youngster lucas the last few days, is this just the usual tabloid gossip or we actually in for him? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

iv been reading reports of united signing the youngster lucas the last few days, is this just the usual tabloid gossip or we actually in for him? :)

No way of knowing. Seems like usual tabloid bull as every day we get a new figure that has been rejected by Sao Paulo between €30m and €38m.

As for Berba, would be delighted for him joining Milan, would ooze class in Serie A.

You'd be better off reading this thread than reading those reports as it would save you having to ask such questions...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Carrick ---- Rooney-

Welbeck

:eek:

That is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

@writtenoff_mufc Heard today from someone very close to Fulham that Fergie is very keen on Dembele and that £15m fee has been touted #MUFC 

he wouldnt be one to talk s*it i think...dont know enough about Dembele myself but id rather spend the Baines money on him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Junior D wrote: »
    Doubt Bilbao would let Muniain go, and even if they did probably cost a fortune.
    There's not too many of his talent wandering Basque country tbf

I was saying I thought United would go for the likes of him (And yes he would cost a lot, as would any talented young player) as he can play a couple of positions. He has European Experience and experience in a league where players have a record of moving to England and doing well. Other players have similar experience that Lucas does not have.

Benefit game for Neil Simpson
    Manchester United will be travelling north next month to provide the opposition for the Dons in the benefit game for Neil Simpson.

An Old Trafford 'eleven' will face Aberdeen at Pittodrie on Tuesday 14th August, kick off 7 pm, with tickets priced at £15 for adults, £8 for concessions and £5 for Under 12's.

Organising committee Chairman Bob Bain commented. "Sir Alex Ferguson was delighted to help out his former player and even though the game is just a few days before the start of the EPL season, he has given his assurances that he will bring as strong a squad as possible.

Given who the opposition is allied to the fact Simmy is such a fans' favourite, there's no doubt the stadium will be rocking for what will undoubtedly be a fitting occasion for a true AFC legend."

he wouldnt be one to talk s*it i think...dont know enough about Dembele myself but id rather spend the Baines money on him.

I'd still be happy for him to be signed, may come to nothing but that Twitter(er)? is not normally one for complete bull**** so there may be something in it

Fingers would be crossed. As I have outlined before, he fits the United transfer profile pretty well :)

kryogen wrote: »
    I'd still be happy for him to be signed, may come to nothing but that Twitter(er)? is not normally one for complete bull**** so there may be something in it

Fingers would be crossed. As I have outlined before, he fits the United transfer profile pretty well :)

What doesn't make sense about that potential deal is that a Dembele deal could have been done and dusted by now if Fergie really wanted him and thats allowing for a bit haggling over the fee.

Would make you think he is considered as an alternative.

• Advertisement

Would love to see Dembele at United but the first thought is "We are signing the wrong Belgian".

When there were reports about Baines, it was "We are signing a wrong Everton player".

Don't get me wrong, I have said many times that I like Dembele at United but Fellaini would add lot to our team IMO. Still Signing Dembele >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> signing No CM.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

RE: Lucas....

Given the figure of 30-38m being thrown around, would people rank him in the same category of potential as Hazard, given that he went for about that and had a far higher level of hype and fuss surrounding him?

RE: Lucas....

Given the figure of 30-38m being thrown around, would people rank him in the same category of potential as Hazard, given that he went for about that and had a far higher level of hype and fuss surrounding him?

First question is how many have even watched both regularly to compare them?

Just going by their achievements and stats, Hazard has achieved a lot in tougher league and he is only around 18 months older. So at Lucas's age Hazard won best player in the Ligue 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Re: Dembele

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/others/something-from-the-weekend-ohuruogus-sharp-form-van-persies-blunder-seeing-double-dembeles-7945408.html
    The Odd: Seeing double Dembeles

Fulham yesterday signed 16-year-old Moussa Dembélé from Paris Saint-Germain. Yes, that's right, another Moussa Dembélé....

Holy shlt its a trap!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Dembele did exceptionally well for Fulham last season & his stats prove it,would like to see him at United if the fee is decent.Strangely enough,Fulham have signed a guy with exactly the same name as him.

These are Lucas individual honours to date

Individual
    Revelation to Campeonato Paulista: 2011
    Best midfielder to Campeonato Paulista (Mesa Redonda): 2011
    Best midfielder to Campeonato Paulista (Diário de São Paulo): 2011
    Best midfielder to 2011 South American Youth Championship: 2011
    Best player in finals to 2011 South American Youth Championship: 2011
    Revelation to Campeonato Brasileiro: 2010

And Hazards

Individual
    UNFP Ligue 1 Player of the Year (2): 2010–11, 2011–12
    UNFP Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year (2): 2008–09, 2009–10
    UNFP Ligue 1 Team of the Year (3): 2009–10, 2010–11, 2011–12
    UNFP Player of the Month (3): March 2010,[187] March 2011[188], March 2012
    Bravo Award (1): 2011[14]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

I really hope this Lucas talk is just that tabloid nonsense.. Absolutely shocked if we paid the kind of fees being reported for a player who has never played in Europe

The figures being reported for Lucas make it a complete no go for me, for one I don't think Fergie would pay that kind of money for him when he refused to pay similar money for more established players!

Two, although I am a big fan of Lucas and enjoy watching him play when I am up late for the SA football squandering my money away :) It is simply too expensive imo, it is not worth the risk at that money, we are not a billionaire play thing club who can just buy players with blank cheques

Shane St. wrote: »
    I really hope this Lucas talk is just that tabloid nonsense.. Absolutely shocked if we paid the kind of fees being reported for a player who has never played in Europe

Neymar will go for huge money when he goes too. Oscar if the reports are true is going to Chelsea for £25million and he has never played in Europe.

The days of getting Kaka etc for cheap out of Brazil are over I think.

The figures being reported for Lucas make it a complete no go for me, for one I don't think Fergie would pay that kind of money for him when he refused to pay similar money for more established players!

Two, although I am a big fan of Lucas and enjoy watching him play when I am up late for the SA football squandering my money away :) It is simply too expensive imo, it is not worth the risk at that money, we are not a billionaire play thing club who can just buy players with blank cheques

Exactly. There are few very good prospects in Europe whom we could get for (nearly)half the price quoted for Lucas.

• Advertisement

Kompany picked up an injury for City but they are saying it is just minor, although maybe I should feel differently about it, I would hate to see him pick up a serious injury. Love watching him play

@Cynegeticus
    Brazilian + Latin American soccer news/transfers. Sky Sports correspondent. Brazil's Head Researcher for Football Manager,writer at TheElastico + Just Football.
    São Paulo's board is divided about selling Lucas Moura, says 'Lance!'. Some people at the club think he should have been sold already. ‪#MUFC‬

@United_CR7
    @Cynegeticus any truth to the 38million euro bid?

Paulo Freitas ‏@Cynegeticus
    @United_CR7 It's true but that offer was rejected as well...

Adje ‏@Adje_O
    @Cynegeticus why do you think the deal is unlikely to happen? What price exactly are SP looking for?

Paulo Freitas ‏@Cynegeticus
    @Adje_O São Paulo want at least 30m Euros (some now saying 35m Euros) for the % of Lucas that they own (80% now, 70% from August).

Doesn't look like usual twitter nonsense, this story is not going away at all.

How did Fabio do for QPR today lads? Is he still fit?

@Cynegeticus
    Brazilian + Latin American soccer news/transfers. Sky Sports correspondent. Brazil's Head Researcher for Football Manager,writer at TheElastico + Just Football.

The story I heard was that the board were willing to accept Utd's offer but the president, Juvenal Juvencio, wasn't. Which obviously ties in with what is being said there.

@Cynegeticus

Am I seeing things or did the same guy who said United had a bid of 38million rejected, also say that SP are looking for at least 30million? :D

Ah, I see the rest, but 80% of 38 million is 30.4 so it still makes no sense!!!

Am I seeing things or did the same guy who said United had a bid of 38million rejected, also say that SP are looking for at least 30million? :D

For the 80% they own. So it comes around 37.5 Million, but he also said board want 35M for the 80% of Lucas.

Ah, I see the rest, but 80% of 38 million is 30.4 so it still makes no sense!!!
    São Paulo want at least 30m Euros (some now saying 35m Euros)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Anyway to automatically ban the symbol "@" and subsequent words?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

How did Fabio do for QPR today lads? Is he still fit?

He only came on at half time . He made one assist in a 5-0 win .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement