Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

kryogen wrote: »
    Am I seeing things or did the same guy who said United had a bid of 38million rejected, also say that SP are looking for at least 30million? :D

Ah, I see the rest, but 80% of 38 million is 30.4 so it still makes no sense!!!
    Giggsy11 wrote: »
    For the 80% they own. So it comes around 37.5 Million, but he also said board want 35M for the 80% of Lucas.

If they want 30mil for the 80% they own they will get that from a 38mil bid though :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

If they want 30mil for the 80% they own they will get that from a 38mil bid though :confused:

Yes, I think this bold part answers that.
    São Paulo want at least 30m Euros (some now saying 35m Euros) for the % of Lucas that they own (80% now, 70% from August).

To add to this
    TheTownie wrote: »
    The story I heard was that the board were willing to accept Utd's offer but the president, Juvenal Juvencio, wasn't. Which obviously ties in with what is being said there.

Not sure how this will end up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

If Fergie is after Dembele (the real one) and lands him, then the squad really is going to be full of creative central midfielders. Dembele, Cleverley, Powell, Anderson, Scholes, Giggs. Probably wouldn't need Scholes and Giggs at that stage.

I know Dembele makes a lot of tackles, but I don't think I would trust him as the defensive partner in a central two. So he wouldn't be replacing Carrick in the team imo. Maybe Fergie sees him as more defensively reliable. I'd be surprised if that worked out.

To add to this

I am almost sure if the figures are correct it will end up with Lucas not being in a United kit this season :)

He speculates that SP want 30 mil then says some are now saying 35mil, its all speculation I guess.

If they were wanting anything like 30-35 million for 80% of a guy who has massive potential, but who still has a lot to prove they are insane.

• Advertisement

Pro. F wrote: »
    If Fergie is after Dembele (the real one) and lands him, then the squad really is going to be full of creative central midfielders. Dembele, Cleverley, Powell, Anderson, Scholes, Giggs. Probably wouldn't need Scholes and Giggs at that stage.

I know Dembele makes a lot of tackles, but I don't think I would trust him as the defensive partner in a central two. So he wouldn't be replacing Carrick in the team imo. Maybe Fergie sees him as more defensively reliable. I'd be surprised if that worked out.

I thnk Fergie will use Ando or Clev as the more defensive minded if Carrick is unavailable.

I am almost sure if the figures are correct it will end up with Lucas not being in a United kit this season :)

He speculates that SP want 30 mil then says some are now saying 35mil, its all speculation I guess.

If they were wanting anything like 30-35 million for 80% of a guy who has massive potential, but who still has a lot to prove they are insane.

And we are joke for offering (if true) 38 Million for a youngster. We can sign world class player for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

To add to this

Basically the figure floating around that was thought would be accepted was £23.5M (€30M) for the 80% share.

So Utd offer €38M for 100% to hit their target but now the president doesn't consider that acceptable anymore.

No mention of a new figure as the president is saying he wants Lucas to stay and help Sao Paulo win trophies but as we know underneath that kind of talk, everyone has a figure.

Add to this, Sao Paulo's share will drop to 70% after 1st August hence the quote a few days ago about "willing to take the risk".

IMO, it will be settled one way or the other by the end of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Is he still fit?

Ah sure he's only gorgeous.:P

Thinking of it, for 38 Million we could have tempted Bilbao to sell Martinez (if he had any interest in leaving Spain),

could have flirted with Bayern for Bastian or Kroos.
    Signed both Bender brothers.
    Sign Fellaini plus Dembele.
    sign Ever Banega
    Test Juve for Vidal.
    Sign whomever Madrid want to sell (Like Sahin)

If this 38 million bid is true and Fergie comes up with "No Value" statement, then............

• Advertisement

And we are joke for offering (if true) 38 Million for a youngster. We can sign world class player for that price.

No argument here! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I thnk Fergie will use Ando or Clev as the more defensive minded if Carrick is unavailable.

I wouldn't trust either of them doing that job.

I hope Fergie just signs a proper, well rounded central midfielder.

Pro. F wrote: »
    I wouldn't trust either of them doing that job.

I hope Fergie just signs a proper, well rounded central midfielder.

Don't we all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

A creative CM shouldn't be the priority but for that position there aren't too many that I'd take over Dembele when all factors (Price, attributes, age, being used to EPL) are taken into consideration.

Nice read here on silly season

http://sardinetrawler.com/2012/07/17/who-to-believe/

Also gives a few decent guys/gals to follow on Twitter

Not exactly United news but some might like it

IanJTaylor‏@IJTaylor81

Park Ji-Sung was cheered every time he touched the ball. Incredible reception on his debut (as captain). ‪#AsiaTour‬ ‪#QPR‬ pic.twitter.com/dNLrqwzv

https://twitter.com/IJTaylor81/status/225223396772941824/photo/1/large

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Not exactly United news but some might like it

IanJTaylor‏@IJTaylor81

Park Ji-Sung was cheered every time he touched the ball. Incredible reception on his debut (as captain). ‪#AsiaTour‬ ‪#QPR‬ pic.twitter.com/dNLrqwzv

https://twitter.com/IJTaylor81/status/225223396772941824/photo/1/large
    Sure that happened when he played for us over there.

If it happens at Loftus Road then it's news. :)

Ah just newsworthy as he has played his first game for them really :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Park is the July pin up on the official United calendar. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,423 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mars Bar wrote: »
    almost a tear in the eye faping to it, eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Mars Bar wrote: »

Pin up is something i wouldnt describe him as :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Premier league years 07:08 on espn classics, brings a tear to the eye watching Rooney Ronaldo and Tevez and remembering their brilliance as a front three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Nice read here on silly season

http://sardinetrawler.com/2012/07/17/who-to-believe/

Also gives a few decent guys/gals to follow on Twitter

No mention of me??

*gets coat*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Ferguson is obviously placing huge trust in Cleverly and Anderson this season if the Lucas Moura bids are true. Can't say I share that faith!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

OctavarIan wrote: »
    Ferguson is obviously placing huge trust in Cleverly and Anderson this season if the Lucas Moura bids are true. Can't say I share that faith!
    As long as they stay injury free they can do some damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Imagine it was all a decoy and Utd actually signed a CM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

While both are seemingly injury prone, it's in a different way, think someone else mentioned it on here before.

Clev I think has said he dosnt think he's injury prone rather that he's been unlucky, he hasnt had a really major injury like a break or something, hopefully he's right and has a good season.

Ando is another kettle of fish however and I think he's going to have to really put the work in to keep himself injury free. He could be amazing for us potentially!

Alot of Andos problems stem from the leg break I think, sometimes a player takes a long time to really get over it and picks up lots of niggly injuries in the legs, other times they never get back at all. Huge season for him (again)

Yeah, Clevs injuries have been the results of impact. Ankle, Dislocated shoulder etc
    Ando's seem to be from just running :P

All joking aside Ando as had horrible luck with injuries, he knows himself this is his make or break season at United. I hope he takes it and stays fit.

• Advertisement

That being said, players have had horrendous injuries in the past, been able to overcome them, and return even stronger, thinking Larrson of the top of my head!

God, I really like Anderson the big frustrating samba clown. I want him to have a massive season so much! I'll even use up my birthday AND Christmas presents to ensure this is the case. Dedication! ;)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/18/luis-suarez-manchester-united?CMP=twt_gu

Was hoping it would just go away and not be getting brought back into mainstream media but the Guardian are running with a story on it too :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,230 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/18/luis-suarez-manchester-united?CMP=twt_gu

Was hoping it would just go away and not be getting brought back into mainstream media but the Guardian are running with a story on it too :(
    "People at the club are sure that it was a way that Manchester United used to put me out of the team and stop Liverpool," said Suárez.

Why am I not surprised? While we were battling City for the title, Fergie and Evra hatched a scheme where he told Evra to say he was racially abused by Suarez so Liverpool would lose their best player, which would hinder their chances of closing the 30 point gap between us. Because we were very worried indeed about Liverpool.
    "But in England, Manchester United have this political power and you have to respect that and shut your mouth."

Yes, it's good that you've realised that. We are above the law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I particularly like the part when Gerrard tells him that he's "one of the best in the world"

Sure....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Didnt he also say that there was nothing Messi could do that Joe Cole couldn't. Bless him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I had to go to Manchester in a taxi for the trial. I got up at seven in the morning and I came home at nine at night. I was exhausted, I was so tired. I wanted to cry, and kick all the things around me," he said

I'm getting all teary eyed here...

• Advertisement

Feb 2012,
    Suarez wrote:
    I have spoken with the manager since the game at Old Trafford and I realise I got things wrong.

"I've not only let him down, but also the club and what it stands for and I'm sorry. I made a mistake and I regret what happened. I should have shaken Patrice Evra's hand before the game and I want to apologise for my actions. I would like to put this whole issue behind me and concentrate on playing football."
    Ayre wrote:
    We are extremely disappointed Luis Suárez did not shake hands with Patrice Evra before yesterday's game. The player had told us beforehand that he would, but then chose not to do so. He was wrong to mislead us and wrong not to offer his hand to Patrice Evra. He has not only let himself down, but also Kenny Dalglish, his team-mates and the club. It has been made absolutely clear to Luis Suárez that his behaviour was not acceptable.

"Luis Suárez has now apologised for his actions which was the right thing to do. However, all of us have a duty to behave in a responsible manner and we hope that he now understands what is expected of anyone representing Liverpool Football Club."
    Dalglish wrote:
    Ian Ayre has made the club's position absolutely clear and it is right that Luis Suárez has now apologised for what happened at Old Trafford,"

July, 2012.
    Suarez wrote:
    "In fact, I think it was all arranged against me again, as it had happened with the punishment. I promised my wife, the manager and the directors that I was going to shake my hand with Evra. Why not? I thought, because I had no problems with him. I had been punished because of him but I had no problems with shaking hands. But I was not forced to greet him. I had no problems with Evra. It was only a handshake and I was OK with that.

"The media in England showed the moment when I passed in front of him but they didn't see that he had his hand low before. Only the media in Uruguay and Spain showed that I wanted to shake his hand. But in England Man United has this political power and you have to respect that and shut your mouth."

Why did he apologise then?

Anyways he should have let it go instead of bringing it back and sounding like RAWK poster.

**** Suarez, Man Utd season starts tonight!! Can't wait to get a look at Kagawa in a utd shirt! Excited!

Edit : KO is the slightly strange time of 7:12...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

I'm getting all teary eyed here...

A DAY'S WORK!!!! Who forced him to do this!!!!???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Suarez is like a bold child who is made say sorry and mumbles it then proclaims that they didnt mean it when they apologised. The deluded idiot still believes he's been hard done by for being proven to be a racist.Hope Rodgers has a serious talk to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

im coming to terms with the fact that we are not going to sign a CM....we have to trust in fergie, at least Park is gone now and we will never see him in there again.....

saying that, if fergie knows we need to spend, the money is there (or else hazard and lucas are decoys to give us that impression) he should spend it now rather than waiting like he did last year.

there is talk in a few papers that he will go again for lucas in january, that makes no sense at all. surely they have somebody else lined up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Fergie is too busy with other important agendas such as creating a conspiracy to stop Liverpool next season rather than signing a cm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

205376_408929925831419_236719838_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,406 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Suarez is fantastic player who is genuinely imo one of the best in the premier league. I really liked him at Ajax while taking into account his scummy behaviour with the biting and all, but to still ne clinging to the fact that he wanted to shake Evra's hand but didn't because Evra's hand was slightly lowered is stupid. Why then when Evra chased him did he not turn around and then shake his hand then?

Anyway onwards and upwards, hopefully this will spur on Evra this season. Can't wait to see the team back in action tonight and am very excited to see Powell and Kagawa in a red shirt.

205376_408929925831419_236719838_n.jpg

Waiting for Kagawa's interview to tell how good Scholes is. :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

That's the problem though...can we really? If a world class player is available for 40m, then Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, City and PSG will all be in contention for him and we are rarely going to be that players first choice, regardless of the history of our club. Just look at Eden "I require a great manager, a good youth development structure, a...what a minute, how much per week? Forget what I just said, I'll see you Monday!" Hazard.

A sad fact, but one we need to remember when looking at talent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Steve Bateman @steviebateman
    Tottenham officials are understood to have contacted Manchester United to enquire about Dimitar Berbatov's valuation. #THFC #MUFC

Tottenham officials are understood to have contacted Manchester United to enquire about Dimitar Berbatov's valuation. #THFC #MUFC

As much as I want to see Berba go to a good club where he will enjoy his football.

As its Spurs I say, rape them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

As much as I want to see Berba go to a good club where he will enjoy his football.

As its Spurs I say, rape them.

Berba + 25m for Modric? Sounds like a fair deal!

Modric wants to go to Madrid though doesnt he?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Sorry, cannot read further.

Ha ha ha.
    Berba plus cash for Modric ;)

If that happened I would be pretty happy with Uniteds summers dealings. But I highly doubt it will :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement