Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

FutureGuy wrote: »
    That's the problem though...can we really? If a world class player is available for 40m, then Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, City and PSG will all be in contention for him and we are rarely going to be that players first choice, regardless of the history of our club. Just look at Eden "I require a great manager, a good youth development structure, a...what a minute, how much per week? Forget what I just said, I'll see you Monday!" Hazard.

A sad fact, but one we need to remember when looking at talent.

I would say we can. I know I'm repeating it, Vidal didn't go for any of the team you mentioned and he is one of the best Midfielder at what he does.

If not world class player, at least a player who can cover the hole we have in the squad, not someone who plays in a postion where we have best in the league (wingers).

We can improve our squad with the 38Million easily. And yes I got it where you are coming from, but there are quality players we can get for that sum.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    I would say we can. I know I'm repeating it, Vidal didn't go for any of the team you mentioned and he is one of the best Midfielder at what he does.

If not world class player, at least a player who can cover the hole we have in the squad, not someone who plays in a postion where we have best in the league (wingers).

We can improve our squad with the 38Million easily. And yes I got it where you are coming from, but there are quality players we can get for that sum.

Yes agreed on the plural, we can do wonders with our squad with that money by buying 2 or 3 players. I just don't think we can challenge for the big marquee (sic?) signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Mutv is free to view today from 4pm to 6.50pm,of course the game is encrypted.This is on Sky,dunno about upc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

zerks wrote: »
    Mutv is free to view today from 4pm to 6.50pm,of course the game is encrypted.

Liveonlinefooty really comes into its own at kick off time :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

what time does the game KO at tonight?? Looking forward to finally seeing Kagawa in the Utd shirt, maybe one of the young lads will impress like Cleverley did last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Shane St. wrote: »
    what time does the game KO at tonight?? Looking forward to finally seeing Kagawa in the Utd shirt, maybe one of the young lads will impress like Cleverley did last year

1900 i believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Mutv is free to view today from 4pm to 6.50pm,of course the game is encrypted.This is on Sky,dunno about upc.

Is MUTV worth the moola? Considering getting it in.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Yes agreed on the plural, we can do wonders with our squad with that money by buying 2 or 3 players. I just don't think we can challenge for the big marquee (sic?) signing.

Yeah agreed with what you are saying, like if we go for a star player then Madrid, Barca, City will surely go for him.

But the main point is your first point. Not only squad, we can improve our first 11 also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Is MUTV worth the moola? Considering getting it in.

I have it and the only time I use it is for pre season and maybe to watch a repeat of a champions league game because I work evenings.
    I would say don't bother and just stream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

didnt realise this was true, but i would believe it..
    ‎2 - Manchester United (8 games) & Newcastle (15 games) were the only two teams not to win from a losing position in 2011-12. [opta]

so the 8 times we went behind last year, we didnt win. in years gone by, we would dig out results with late surges and last year, we just didnt look like doing that at all.

wigan, blackburn everton were all games we went behind in and dropped points that we shouldnt be dropping.

i guess the other 5 were liverpool, city x 2, chelsea and newcasle away.

have we lost the killer touch with finishing teams off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Felexicon

so the 8 times we went behind last year, we didnt win. in years gone by, we would dig out results with late surges and last year, we just didnt look like doing that at all.

wigan, blackburn everton were all games we went behind in and dropped points that we shouldnt be dropping.

No

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

IIRC the game kicks off at 19:12 for some strange reason later on.

Interesting stat there Homer, it is surprising that we didn't win a game from behind. Must be the first season in a long long time. The closest (that comes to mind) is the Chelsea game I guess.

That wouldn't worry me too much though, what annoys me is the amount of points we dropped from winning positions, surely that stat must be amongst our worst ever. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Any Chance of a match thread lads? :D

Any Chance of a match thread lads? :D
    Why not a thread to cover all pre season games. It will stop here getting clogged up with us all fapping over Kagawa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Already started. He'll be glorious tonight bless him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭caffrey

Stats are alright and all that but norwich drew level in the 83rd min and we got a goal back in 93 to win it, we weren't in a losing pos but considering we came second with so many points it just shows we weren't in losing positions often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Was just looking through the transfer history of Man United and decided to compare it to Man City's since the Abu Dhabi United Group purchased them in 08.

Man Uniteds net transfer total: £34,150,000
    Man City's net transfer total: £382,150,000

:eek:

• I used transferleague.co.uk
    • Yes I know Man Utd sold Ronaldo in that time

Pj! wrote: »
    Was just looking through the transfer history of Man United and decided to compare it to Man City's since the Abu Dhabi United Group purchased them in 08.

:eek:

• Yes I know Man Utd sold Ronaldo in that time
    Don't really see what you're getting at here. Obviously they had to spend massive amounts to become competitive. We were already front runners in the league so didn't have to invest in a completely new squad

Felexicon wrote: »
    Don't really see what you're getting at here. Obviously they had to spend massive amounts to become competitive. We were already front runners in the league so didn't have to invest in a completely new squad
    I'm not getting at anything. Just posting it up for interest.

You're gonna blow your top soon though, I'm going to post Arsenal's and Chelsea's too.

Bloody hormonal in here.

Just to add in a couple of more teams.

Chelsea's net transfer total: £190,700,000 (+£25,000,000 Oscar taking medical)
    Liverpools net transfer total: £36,800,000
    Arsenal's net transfer total: -£21,800,000

• Since City got rich

• Advertisement

I'm not getting at anything. Just posting it up for interest.

You're gonna blow your top soon though, I'm going to post Arsenal's and Chelsea's too.

Bloody hormonal in here.
    No no, I wasn't having a go at you, I was just wondering if you were going to use the stat as some pointer of the direction the 2 teams are taking or something.

Clearly you just posted it as a "that's some amount of money" post though.

Not hormonal just trying to clarify context.

bloody sensitive in here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Wenger should be in charge of Ireland's finances turning a profit like that at Arsenal. Guess it points to why they haven't been winning much lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Net spend - possibly the single most annoying statistic produced....
    Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Imo it was the problems in the Scholes position that really contributed to this stat. Scholes contributed a lot when he came back, but he could only give it about 60 minutes each game, so was usually missing whenever the big push was needed late on in games. Giggs isn't a very good creative central midfielder. Cleverley was injured for the majority of the season and then out of favour. Anderson had his injury too.

Hopefully this season Cleverley and Anderson can get better runs of fitness and Fergie has forgiven Cleverley for whatever he did. Powell will hopefully be as good as he used to look on the football league show highlights. And then Scholes will only be needed for a the odd game and sub appearance.

Just one more post on Suarez bit, few good replies by Hamann

Didi Hamann ‏@DietmarHamann
    Suarez is not doing himself any favours with todays statement he should leave it now move on and concentrate on his football
    I've not got a problem if he talks about his feelings and what he went through but he should leave Man United out
    Rooney got banned for swearing into a camera so much for the conspiracy ...I think everybody needs to relax a little bit
    That Suarez case was handled pathetically by LFC hope BR puts a lid on straight away as it cost the club a lot of points last season

Sorry for bringing it up again, but the tweet about Rooney hits the nail on the head. Spot on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I read all of those tweets in Didi's voice. Good times.

Felexicon wrote: »
    No

added to those 8 games and then draws against the likes of stoke and newcastle, we have very limp home performances against wigan, swansea, fulham, QPR, Norwich . away wins at Everton, Villa, Swansea and a few more were also pretty awful to watch.

and lets not talk about the european games or Palace at home.

i think this is the reason Fergie is going after pace and flair players such as Hazard and Lucas, he believes the league was lost due to us not being as flent in attack as other years and lacking the killer instinct. he probably believes that this shouldnt come from CM, but from width and in attack and perhaps a player ala Cantona and Ronaldo who had a free reign to do as they please in alot of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

added to those 8 games and then draws against the likes of stoke and newcastle, we have very limp home performances against wigan, swansea, fulham, QPR, Norwich . away wins at Everton, Villa, Swansea and a few more were also pretty awful to watch.

and lets not talk about the european games or Palace at home.

i think this is the reason Fergie is going after pace and flair players such as Hazard and Lucas, he believes the league was lost due to us not being as flent in attack as other years and lacking the killer instinct. he probably believes that this shouldnt come from CM, but from width and in attack and perhaps a player ala Cantona and Ronaldo who had a free reign to do as they please in alot of games.

I think that probably is exactly how his mind is working, assuming that it's true he really was after Hazaard and Lucas even though he already had Kagawa.
    If that is true, he is just plain wrong imo. It's so frustrating to watch this happening every summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭caffrey

Just to add in a couple of more teams.

Chelsea's net transfer total: £190,700,000 (+£25,000,000 Oscar taking medical)
    Liverpools net transfer total: £36,800,000
    Arsenal's net transfer total: -£21,800,000

• Since City got rich

I think this is very interesting since we would be on a HUGE plus if it wasn't for the selling of ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

MAN UTD BACK PLAYING TONIGHT :D

tumblr_m75r2ddGjO1qguiwb.gif

• Advertisement

Pro. F wrote: »
    I think that probably is exactly how his mind is working, assuming that it's true he really was after Hazaard and Lucas even though he already had Kagawa.
    If that is true, he is just plain wrong imo. It's so frustrating to watch this happening every summer.

i posted a theory i think it was yesterday, that he(Fergie) genuinly believes that the CM is sorted with 5 players plus Powell and then the others as back up.

until we sell one or scholes retires (and fletcher) i think we are not getting anybody in that field, which is sad really.

as you said, frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Bloody job! Pffft they would need some reports out today wouldn't they. Did they not look at the calendar and see that United are playing the 1st pre-season game tonight!!!

Will set the box to record and have to avoid this place until I get home and up to speed.

Kagawa to score at least 20 goals tonight :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Flash sports streams have Mutv on already on VIP 73 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Flash sports streams have Mutv on already on VIP 73 :)

Is that site any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I'm gonna miss the match tonight cause I've got training. Not too worried. I'll get to see the other games anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Just ordered mutv there €8 for 6 games I'm happy with that pitty every game was not on mutv for €8 p/m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,230 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

So how many goals will Kagawa score tonight? 7, maybe 8? I think 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

fox007 wrote: »
    Just ordered mutv there €8 for 6 games I'm happy with that pitty every game was not on mutv for €8 p/m

€8 for 6 games ain't bad actually, thought it would be more :o

Will have to check out the kagawa highlights later tonight, I'm flirting dangerously close to my download limit, streaming ain't an option I'm afraid :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Kagawa made Lewandowski(who is an average striker) Look unbelievable, so I can't wait to see what he does tonight with Chic and with Rooney during the season,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

J. Marston wrote: »
    So how many goals will Kagawa score tonight? 7, maybe 8? I think 8.

At least double digits or we will struggle to get top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Currently free on UPC channel 428.

Kagawa made Lewandowski(who is an average striker) Look unbelievable, so I can't wait to see what he does tonight with Chic and with Rooney during the season,

Gtfo Lewandowski is well above average .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

That's not too bad at all. Can you just cancel then after the month?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Starting team:

Lindegaard, Brady, Ferdinand, Veseli, Wootton, Carrick, Lingard, Scholes, Macheda, Hernandez, Berbatov

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

statto25 wrote: »

That's not too bad at all. Can you just cancel then after the month?

Yep I just rang sky told them I just want a month of mutv they said no problem.He put in the cancell notification as well so in 30 days it's cancelled no need to ring up again
    You must have the sports for this tho

Starting team:

Lindegaard, Brady, Ferdinand, Veseli, Wootton, Carrick, Lingard, Scholes, Macheda, Hernandez, Berbatov

I've seen 3 different one so far . Is that confirmed ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

David Stowell ‏@dstowellmedia

#MUFC XI: L'gard / Veseli, Wootton, Ferdinand, Brady / Carrick, Scholes, Lingard / Berba behind Chicho & Macheda #MUTour LIVE ON #mutv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Have to say the quality of the stream on LOF is superb, was watchin through PS3 on 42" LCD, after half an hour or so watchin Yorke bang them in, I lifted the sky remote to change channel, felt like a dumbass but its a good endorsement of the quality of thier streams. Pity there is no 720p just...

anyway, Thank **** Utd are back! Transfer muppetry was getting out of hand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Going from that a 4-3-3 with no wingers could be seen quite a bit this season.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement