Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I have said it before but I'll say it again, I am really going to miss Berba :(

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

We're doomed. Dark times.... :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It was probably just nerves but Blackett was not great at all, he has a long way to go before getting his game in the EPL.

It was probably just nerves but Blackett was not great at all, he has a long way to go before getting his game in the EPL.

He underperformed but he still showed a little of his ability here and there, he is not ready for first team football with United yet but the season in the reserves should do him the world of good.

Neither left back were very good tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Who needs a centre mid let Berba play their. Brady looked tidy going forward caught out a few times not a left back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Just on my way home from work. Sounds like I missed out on a bit of a frustrating trolly experience with Kagawa.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Anyone who was watching the game able to give a quick run down on how the young lads got on, wasn't able to see it just kept up a little on here. I take it Powell didn't come on?

Pro. F wrote: »
    Just on my way home from work. Sounds like I missed out on a bit of a frustrating trolly experience with Kagawa.

Fergie is a master

VW 1 wrote: »
    Anyone who was watching the game able to give a quick run down on how the young lads got on, wasn't able to see it just kept up a little on here. I take it Powell didn't come on?

Em,

Wootton was good I thought
    Brady fairly poor
    Blackett pretty poor
    Petrucci had some nice flashes
    Kag barely got a kick in his 3 minutes
    Macheda scored and looked lively enough
    Tunni, I can't remember, he must have been ok
    Veseli was good too actually

Berba was sexual.

I am certain I left out people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Journos on twitter saying Petrucci had a good 20min cameo.

What do the boardsie critics think of his performance?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Veseli was shocking he looks uncomfortable on the ball . The other lad who came on for him done well .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Thought Tunnicliffe did very well when he came on.
    Have always felt he will be in with a decent shout at making a name for himself at United.

Veseli was shocking he looks uncomfortable on the ball . The other lad who came on for him done well .

I thought he was pretty decent taking into consideration he was played out of position, likes to get forward. :)

TheTownie wrote: »
    Journos on twitter saying Petrucci had a good 20min cameo.

What do the boardsie critics think of his performance?

As I already said, he showed some nice flashes, unlucky not to have a goal at the end then with his shot that hit the bar also.

Lingard showed some good signs also

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Re Wooton - has he any chance of making it at United the way Evans did or will he end moving on permanently like Shawcross.

I liked the look of him last season a few times when I saw him on loan and looked good for the few mins of the game that I saw today.

If anything he is already well developed and needs to be playing at this stage.

Tough position to get game time with (In no particular order) Evans, Jones, Smalling, Vidic, Rio.

I hope he can get another loan move this season, hopefully in the Premier League.

His best bet is to go on loan and hope to turn into a monster because I dont see him getting near the team this season barring another horrendous injury crisis

kryogen wrote: »
    His best bet is to go on loan and hope to turn into a monster because I dont see him getting near the team this season barring another horrendous injury crisis

Time to call Martinez maybe.

I thought he was pretty decent taking into consideration he was played out of position, likes to get forward. :)

You know he came off at half time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Can't Wotton play central midfield as well? I seem to remember him doing well at the base of a diamond in some cup game that was on TV when he was on loan last season. Memory is hazy because I think I was falling asleep during that game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Kagawa still waiting to come on.....

Kryo I think you're mistaken Veseli for Vermijil who came on at half time . He played well

You know he came off at half time ?

Yeah?

Edit: nope I thought they both did pretty well all things considered :)

That is allowed right?? :p

Pro. F wrote: »
    Can't Wotton play central midfield as well? I seem to remember him doing well at the base of a diamond in some cup game that was on TV when he was on loan last season. Memory is hazy because I think I was falling asleep during that game.

Don't remember that, I do remember seeing Tunni at the base of diamond on tv at some stage though (memory also hazy)

Rio Ferdinand‏@rioferdy5

1st game of pre season, 1-0 win! Good to get 90mins in too. Young lads done well + no injuries so a good days work! Now for a munch at hotel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Rio Ferdinand‏@rioferdy5

1st game of pre season, 1-0 win! Good to get 90mins in too. Young lads done well + no injuries so a good days work! Now for a munch at hotel
    Hope he keeps Anderson away from the burgers and kebabs :pac:

• Advertisement

David Stowell‏@dstowellmedia

Sir Alex told me that Kagawa will play on Saturday in Cape Town. Nick Powell is a few days behind schedule so won't play yet #MUFC #mutv

Hopefully Fergie means play a decent amount of the game! Is Powell injured?

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Hope he keeps Anderson away from the burgers and kebabs :pac:

I don't think Vidic could keep Ando from getting to the kebabs if hee put his mind to it :)

There was also this

Nick Coppack‏@nickcoppack

Sir Alex says he'll be happy if Berbatov stays but admits the player wants to leave and Utd will listen to good offers.

I am gonna assume its Fergie trying to make it look like the club are not desperate to sell after the talk earlier this week

Edit Edit

Sky have a match report up for anybody interested http://www.skysports.com/football/match_report/0,19764,11065_3523077,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

This twitter account never fails to ammuse me..
    I canceled dinner in nandos to see kagawa tonight. **** off, ferguson. jsut **** off

Fergie has singled Lingard out for special praise saying he has taken it all in his stride so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

I was impressed with Lingard and Vermijl. They both looked pretty comfortable in possession and did their respective jobs well. Brady didn't have much defending to do but you could tell he's not a defender. He looked good going forward, though. Petrucci didn't really get on the ball that much, didn't notice him when he came on.

• Advertisement

I was impressed with Lingard and Vermijl. They both looked pretty comfortable in possession and did their respective jobs well. Brady didn't have much defending to do but you could tell he's not a defender. He looked good going forward, though. Petrucci didn't really get on the ball that much, didn't notice him when he came on.

Did you atleast notice him hit the cross bar at the end? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

That Berbatov fella didnt look too bad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Did you atleast notice him hit the cross bar at the end? :)

Yeah, that was about it as far as I can remember :). Hope to see more of him cause he impressed the odd time I watched the reserves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

I dont think a player leaving United will have made me as sad as Berba's departure, just the whole nature of it. He's been a gent the whole way through too, at least some of the other lads who left were cunts, Berba seemed to have improved in attitude when he came to united

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Who did Kagawa replace eventually and where did he play?

Turned it off early

The sexgod got this for man of the match

306889_10150966153458526_390668521_n.jpg

Pic taken from the same Facebook page as the one he posted on the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Who did Kagawa replace eventually and where did he play?

Turned it off early

Hernandez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

The game you guys are thinking of where Wooton played DM was P'boro vs Sunderland in the FA cup. I remember it because ITV unintentionally muted the commentary for 10 minutes and the experience was massively improved as a result. Tunnicliffe played CM then too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Lucas is only on about £9,500 per week which will increase to £10,000 when he comes back. His contract then divides out 70% - 30%. Now Sao Paulo or more directly Juvenal Juvencio is saying that Vagner Ribeiro (The agent) is trying to force the sale to us because his company is financial difficulties. From what I can gather that he'll come back from the Olympics and ask for a pay rise on his deal which is likely to be turned down. Let's see what happens next.

This is all purely speculation at the moment but the main thing is that there is a strong link with us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Did Tunnicliffe come on as a defender tonight?
    Hope he makes it more than any of the other younger players. Reminds me a lot of Keano.

• Advertisement

Came on for Scholes . Carrick seemed to be playing deeper than him .

G.K. wrote: »
    The game you guys are thinking of where Wooton played DM was P'boro vs Sunderland in the FA cup. I remember it because ITV unintentionally muted the commentary for 10 minutes and the experience was massively improved as a result. Tunnicliffe played CM then too.

He was subbed off early in second half and Daniel Kearns came on. Think it was one of Kearns first games for peterborough. Tunni got the full game I think. I remember the silence too, I missed the start of second half and couldn't figure out where Wootton was gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Carrick seemed to be playing deeper than him .

could be a sign of the way things are going. a deep lying midfielder with 2 in front and then a line of 3 attackers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Pj! wrote: »

Just heard this on Talksport. Bye bye Berba if this happens.

If we buy Van Persie, I will eat my own face.

Sign RVP and Rooney fills in at CM/CAM ?

could be a sign of the way things are going. a deep lying midfielder with 2 in front and then a line of 3 attackers.

Ala Barca you mean?

x

x
    x
    x
    x
    x

Something I can see happening alright

Plenty of options in the squad with that formation. Not ideal for a couple of players but workable Id think

this is torture at this stage...they really know how to troll us in those english tabloids dont they:o:o:o:o:o:o?

i just wish we went out, got this player signed who fergie is talking about and then thats that.

• Advertisement

Let's sell all our strikers and play Kagawa as a false 9 :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement