Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I thoroughly enjoy the articles that have not even a hint of quote in them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I'd be confident with a trio from Rooney, Welbeck, Kagawa, Nani and Young in a 3-man forward line. Valencia and Chico not so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Whats up with Chico at all? seems to be off the pace since the start of 2012, maybe even before that, never got going last season, I know he had no rest last summer so hopefully he can get back to sorts this year. Maybe a few goals pre season might get his confidence back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Right.

Re Lucas.

Lucas plays on the right. When the Lucas rumour surfaced people said it would only happen if it meant Nani was being sold. Nani plays on the left for us so not sure how people came to that conclusion.

I reckon there's a cm to be signed yet and I'd take Lucas any day. His feet look quicker than his brain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Some volley from Berb. Just catching some clips now.

• Advertisement

Samich wrote: »
    Right.

Re Lucas.

Lucas plays on the right. When the Lucas rumour surfaced people said it would only happen if it meant Nani was being sold. Nani plays on the left for us so not sure how people came to that conclusion.

I reckon there's a cm to be signed yet and I'd take Lucas any day. His feet look quicker than his brain.

Lucas plays predominantly from the right for his club, he has played the number 10 role for Brazil and that is where he will be developed. He is a brilliant attacker who roams around the forward line. If he is coming in Nani is going and he will be playing from the left or the centre, that is where people would get that idea.

Some volley from Berb. Just catching some clips now.

He was very good, head and shoulders above anybody else on the pitch imo, unlucky not to get on the scoresheet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

kryogen wrote: »
    Lucas plays predominantly from the right for his club, he has played the number 10 role for Brazil and that is where he will be developed. He is a brilliant attacker who roams around the forward line. If he is coming in Nani is going and he will be playing from the left or the centre, that is where people would get that idea.

But Lucas doesn't play on the left? And we've just signed Kagawa for the central role.

Hope the RvP story isn't true.

Samich wrote: »
    But Lucas doesn't play on the left? And we've just signed Kagawa for the central role.

Hope the RvP story isn't true.

And the signing of Kagawa (who can also play on the left) is the reason why people would think Nani is the one to go, his contract is being negotiated, Valencia wont be going and Young is a recent addition.

Obviously it will be Nani people see as making way if Lucas does come in.

As I said he roams, he can play left just as easy as centre or right. The RVP story is more then likely bull****, I am sure Fergie is actually interested but just cant see that happening. Also we dont need him!

Lucas could be accomodated by putting Kag on the left if it bothers you that much :)

Nasri/Ronaldo/Nani/Robben/Ribery/Silva etc etc etc

Plenty of attacking players can play anywhere along the support line :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Kryo, i say you have geniunely around 20-30% of posts here, you're like some man u ambassador to boards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Kryo, i say you have geniunely around 20-30% of posts here, you're like some man u ambassador to boards

15% of the posts in this thread.

625 compared to the next closest at 146.

No idea why I checked tbh!

Sorry :o

Mr Alan wrote: »

That's shocking actually, I have to start telling the boss to work me harder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Mr Alan wrote: »

I have 90, which is kinda low. I had nearly 300 in the last thread I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Whats up with Chico at all? seems to be off the pace since the start of 2012, maybe even before that, never got going last season, I know he had no rest last summer so hopefully he can get back to sorts this year. Maybe a few goals pre season might get his confidence back.

He was interrupted with injury last season and Fergie gave Welbeck much more of the games even when Chico was fit. There's nothing wrong with him. He still scored plenty of goals last season.

I hope somehow he is given more games this season. He is a world class goal poacher imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

baz2009 wrote: »
    I'd be confident with a trio from Rooney, Welbeck, Kagawa, Nani and Young in a 3-man forward line. Valencia and Chico not so much.

I much rather seeing Valencia and Chico playing to Young and Welbeck.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Rojiblancos

Sao Paulo playing Vasco now. Lucas not in the squad, is he injured?

Eathrin wrote: »
    I much rather seeing Valencia and Chico playing to Young and Welbeck.

In general I prefer Valencia and Welbeck, but in a 3-man forward line where you need players that can easily swap positions from either win to centre, I don't think Chico and Valencia would be versatile enough. Valencia due to his right-footedness and Chico wouldn't suit the wing due to him having the first touch of a priest and his build-up play not being at all up to scratch.

Sao Paulo playing Vasco now. Lucas not in the squad, is he injured?

He's in Brazil's Olympics squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

kryogen wrote: »
    That's shocking actually, I have to start telling the boss to work me harder

Dirtay.

How do you check how many posts you have in a forum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Forum, you gotta go to your cp. The thread, just click on the number of replies on the forum page, its all blue and lovely looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Homer is second with 146, Kryo is first with 627! Bloody hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

baz2009 wrote: »
    In general I prefer Valencia and Welbeck, but in a 3-man forward line where you need players that can easily swap positions from either win to centre, I don't think Chico and Valencia would be versatile enough. Valencia due to his right-footedness and Chico wouldn't suit the wing due to him having the first touch of a priest and his build-up play not being at all up to scratch.

Not on the wing, Chico up front.

With Rooney or in the hole, I'd have Nani and Valencia on the wings and Chico as poacher up front.
    Or Kagawa in the hole and Rooney up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Eathrin wrote: »
    With Rooney or in the hole, I'd have Nani and Valencia on the wings and Chico as poacher up front.
    Or Kagawa in the hole and Rooney up front.

mick-mccarthy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Would love to see Vermijl, Tunnicliffe and Petrucci start the game on Sunday. All 3 looked very good when they came on.

Berba was class on grass, Hernandez was woeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

mick-mccarthy.gif

I love that gif. Mick McCarthy really is a wealth of funny faces. Between that amazed look when Keano scored against the Germans or that imaginary ninja picture.........he is classic.

mick-mccarthy-scared-o.gif

We shall miss him I reckon. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Pro. F wrote: »
    Can't Wotton play central midfield as well? I seem to remember him doing well at the base of a diamond in some cup game that was on TV when he was on loan last season. Memory is hazy because I think I was falling asleep during that game.

Yeah, he played few games (maybe 1 only) as holding midfielder, don't exactly remember whether it was at Peterborough or Nottingham forest. He did well accoring to reports and their fans.

IMO Brady had a decent game, he has absolutely no defending to do and he made few very good forward runs. Considering this is his first senior appearnace and playing out of position he did well.

Also Vermijl, he makes good overlapping runs, for reserves he is a very good attacking threat, good to see him playing his natural game rather than just playing safe.

You got to love Lingard's positioning, I mean his off the ball movement is very good. Gets into nice positions to receive the pass and keeps it simple.

Reserves players were very comfortable on the ball, which is good to see.

Like few said hopefully Petrucci gets a start in the next game. His passing is very good and also his shot from distance. He should be involved with the first team rather than going out on loan imo.

On the other news, Molde won the first leg of CL qualifiers 3-0. Hopefully they will make it all the way to group stages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    On the other news, Molde won the first leg of CL qualifiers 3-0. Hopefully they will make it all the way to group stages.

now that would be brilliant! its a disgrace that they have to qualify this early and also, arent Basle in there too?!

surely they both should be in the 4th qual round automatically as champions anyway, especially basle after last season and copenhagen were in last 16 2 years ago and had to play rovers last season.

now that would be brilliant! its a disgrace that they have to qualify this early and also, arent Basle in there too?!

surely they both should be in the 4th qual round automatically as champions anyway, especially basle after last season and copenhagen were in last 16 2 years ago and had to play rovers last season.

Yeah Basel are also playing second qualifying round. Looks like Molde can't make it, looking at few teams in the qualifiers though. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Haha. I thought it was more.

He's the only person on boards that I have on ignore. Nothing against him at all, just can't be reading every little thought he has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Did you not know this is actually Kryogens blog. We're just commenting on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Next match is Saturday against Ajax Cape Town (great name for a club actually). I wonder will Fergie start Kagawa or even give him more time than last night (89th minute I asks ye).

Watch most of the match on my first ever Football Flash stream try out, however had to switch after 75 minutes as the signal was lost. Switched to Sports devil add on in XBMC, very impressive all told.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Anyone have a gif of Berba's volley? It's not on Youtube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Next match is Saturday against Ajax Cape Town (great name for a club actually). I wonder will Fergie start Kagawa or even give him more time than last night (89th minute I asks ye).

Watch most of the match on my first ever Football Flash stream try out, however had to switch after 75 minutes as the signal was lost. Switched to Sports devil add on in XBMC, very impressive all told.

Sports devil for me also, the main tv was being used. Tis the dogs bloccks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Must try sports devil. Is there a fee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,424 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Berbatov was great to watch last night - so many brilliant touches. Loved one in the second half where he controlled the ball on the throw in line (down near their goal) and flick/volleyed the pass inside to Brady (i think). Lingard also looked lively and showed great movement and use of the ball - would have loved to see Chico control that chipped through ball and put it away, the work and pass from Lingard deserved an assist!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭sob1467

Highlights from last nights match here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkHtX_HK8Ro&feature=player_embedded
    Including Berbatov's class volley.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

Clyne gone to Southampton. Whatever happened to our interest in him?

• Advertisement

Doesn't matter how much Kryogen posts here. His posts are far better and makes sense than many posts here and also from other ManUtd fans in other forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

sob1467 wrote: »
    Highlights from last nights match here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkHtX_HK8Ro&feature=player_embedded
    Including Berbatov's class volley.

Spent the first minute showing Machedas goal, Brady has a nice left foot, Berba volley was class, great shot from Petrucci near the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Couple of thoughts on last night.

Wooton was impressive at the back beside Rio. Seems very tough and won't pull out of any takles.
    Veseli I thought was out of his depth, though Vermilj done better when he came on.

Brady done alright considering he's played out of position, got forward well but caught out positionally once or twice, as expected tbh.

Lingard was the standout young performer for me. His movement and little intricate passing was a highlight.

I was happy to see a lot of the younger/reserves get game time, hopefully see more of Petrucci and Tunners in the next game.

Kiko looked sharp, again, like in other pre seasons. Didn't seem as selfish as usual, tried to pick a pass more often not and took his goal well.

As I said, looking forward to the game Saturday now.
    Hopefully have my Apple TV jailbroken by then and have xbmc up and running with Sportsdevil and the like running, the streaming last night had me gone demented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

looks like Utd are getting Van Persie according to today's press.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Pj! wrote: »
    Must try sports devil. Is there a fee?

Nope, it's very good. Navi x can be good also.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Meh I bought MUTV for the month and gave my months cancellation notice on the same call.

6 games for 7 euro. Not shabby at all. Moar Kagawa please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Lads.....

Vipbox.tv, unreal tack, no fee and has loads of links decent for rugby too

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Doesn't matter how much Kryogen posts here. His posts are far better and makes sense than many posts here and also from other ManUtd fans in other forums.

exactly. id rather read 600 decent posts from one poster than 600 posts of tripe from a group of trolls and warriors.

Kryogen is a good poster, as are alot of the regulars on here. Mitch losing his crown that he has held for a long time though as most posts...your slipping mate!

moving on, is this a good summary of the current people we are linked with?

RVP
    Moutinho
    Lucas
    Baines

thats the main four and apparently these are genuine targets. then there are other not so sound links to -

Dembele
    Modric

am i missing anybody else off that list or are they the main 6?

also, something to take into consideration is how are we set as regards the squad of 25? do we have many spaces left to fill or do we need to move players on to bring players in?

that alone can tell us who we are going to sign, if anybody. Owen and Park going means we have one space left i think taken by Kagawa (powell doesnt need one) but surely some players also passed 21 since last season who will need registering?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

exactly. id rather read 600 decent posts from one poster than 600 posts of tripe from a group of trolls and warriors.

Kryogen is a good poster, as are alot of the regulars on here. Mitch losing his crown that he has held for a long time though as most posts...your slipping mate!

moving on, is this a good summary of the current people we are linked with?

RVP
    Moutinho
    Lucas
    Baines

thats the main four and apparently these are genuine targets. then there are other not so sound links to -

Dembele
    Modric

am i missing anybody else off that list or are they the main 6?

also, something to take into consideration is how are we set as regards the squad of 25? do we have many spaces left to fill or do we need to move players on to bring players in?

that alone can tell us who we are going to sign, if anybody. Owen and Park going means we have one space left i think taken by Kagawa (powell doesnt need one) but surely some players also passed 21 since last season who will need registering?

Has anyone actually linked us to Moutinho or is it just a case of someone that's available that we should be in for?

Macca07 wrote: »
    Clyne gone to Southampton. Whatever happened to our interest in him?

Indeed, very very strange. must be some reason united pulled out of that, as it looked to be nailed on earlier along with the Powell deal.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement