Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I am guessing

4-4-1-1 is possible for standard league games.
    4-3-3 for bigger games and Europe.

I see no reason that Nani would be going - he could play in the normal formation or either side of the attacking three.

I can see Valencia playing right back alright. Especially in the 4-3-3.

I don't think Van Persie will be signed. His wages and the game time expected make me think United couldn't give him what he wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

I honestly can't fathom how you people on here talk such nonsense sometimes :) I mean sure, he's in contract NEGOTIATIONS but has he ever said he wants to leave? NO. He's said the opposite and wants to stay.

There is ZERO Interest from any club (that we know of)

Honestly..............Am I the only one who takes no notice what-so-ever of tabloid media until I hear an official release from the club, if I were to believe half the **** that was talked about we'd have sold EVERYONE this summer and have bought EVERYONE bar madonna and britney spears.

PS. Berba, you're the SMEX

RVP: "I've thought long and hard about it, but I have decided not to extend my contract. You guys, the fans, have of course the right to disagree with my view and decision and I will always respect your opinions."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I honestly can't fathom how you people on here talk such nonsense sometimes :) I mean sure, he's in contract NEGOTIATIONS but has he ever said he wants to leave? NO. He's said the opposite and wants to stay.

There is ZERO Interest from any club (that we know of)

Honestly..............Am I the only one who takes no notice what-so-ever of tabloid media until I hear an official release from the club, if I were to believe half the **** that was talked about we'd have sold EVERYONE this summer and have bought EVERYONE bar madonna and britney spears.

PS. Berba, you're the SMEX

Thought he came out and said that he isn't signing a new contract so in essence I'd imagine he will be gone this window. Although I don't for a second think it'll be to us and honestly I don't think he is what we need. Think we are sorted up front at the moment and investment is more needed in other areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Maybe I'm missing something here, I thought sReq | uTeK was talking about Nani?

Or I'm missing the sarcasm here?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Poster is talking about the Nani speculation based on possible signings and his contract situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

iYBJGn5r9VP0r.gif

iuJd9czvZY4gj.gif

itwRcu14XaWNQ.gif

RVP??

iby2at0QHGfwjc.gif

....nah

i1IrVQRZ22wA6.gif

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Poster is talking about the Nani speculation based on possible signings and his contract situation.

Thought he was talking about RVP. Didn't see the Nani mentions a few posts back:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing something here, I thought sReq | uTeK was talking about Nani?

Or I'm missing the sarcasm here?

Ya your probably right. Saw Ivys post above it about seeing RVP in formations and then thought sReq | uTeK was on about RVP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,424 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jamc wrote: »
    RVP: "I've thought long and hard about it, but I have decided not to extend my contract. You guys, the fans, have of course the right to disagree with my view and decision and I will always respect your opinions."
    s_carnage wrote: »
    Thought he came out and said that he isn't signing a new contract so in essence I'd imagine he will be gone this window. Although I don't for a second think it'll be to us and honestly I don't think he is what we need. Think we are sorted up front at the moment and investment is more needed in other areas.

That nice about RVP n' all, but he is talking about Nani.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Who are the gifs of?

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    Who are the gifs of?

First one is Scholes, To brady, to berb, to Macheda and Hernandez miss I think.

Second is a Scholes scoop pass.

Third is Brady and Macdeha I think..

Fourth is Berb control.

Fifth is Brady corner and Berba volley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

TY, Brady looks jazzy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

RvP makes no sense. It totally throws our formation into code red trying to throw on all of our best players. Add the stupid money it would cost for a player we do not need.

It would be cool though....

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Doesn't matter how much Kryogen posts here. His posts are far better and makes sense than many posts here and also from other ManUtd fans in other forums.

Totally agreed. I hope no one thinks I was having a go @ Kryo. I love him and his big stupid face.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭TopOfTheRight

Lads, Van Persie is clearly being signed to play Left Back, I really dont see how nobody has realised this yet, even better delivery than Baines i'd say ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,409 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

De Gea
    Raf---Smalling----Vida----Evra
    Carrick

Clev

Kags

Nani
    Rooney

RVP

Not that I think RVP will ever join but there you go :D

Id actually **** the pants if we got RVP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Man utd represantives are to meet with Lucas Mouras parents soon,

(His father is his agent)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Id actually **** the pants if we got RVP.
    Its ok, most of us will if that happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

If we sign RvP I think Hernandez or Welbeck should be loaned to Everton or something. Too good not to be playing games at their age.

• Advertisement

Where did you hear this?

Also I think it's possible we'd sign Lucas. We'd easily recoup the money from him if we wanted to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,230 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

541366_10151011295869279_250847024_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Who's the guy at the end? Wootton? He looks petrified!

Brady?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Samich wrote: »
    We'd easily recoup the money from him if we wanted to.

really? history will show its a huge huge gamble. an unproven 19 year old brazilian for 41million euro is defo by no means a guarantee to proove a cash cow for us.

signing him, is a big risk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Is it so hard to post a source?

• Advertisement

Is it so hard to post a source?

Just an observation, but you're always complaining and lots of your posts have nothing to do with soccer.

I already asked where he heard it, no need to be narky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Felexicon wrote: »
    Did you not know this is actually Kryogens blog. We're just commenting on it

And if you are not careful I will revoke your posting privelages :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Is it just me or did the jersey look kinda good on the players yesterday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Is it just me or did the jersey look kinda good on the players yesterday?

Thought it was a bit shiny looking, tbh....

alproctor wrote: »
    That's only because it's new, after a few washes it'll be grand. :pac:

• Advertisement

Just an observation, but you're always complaining and lots of your posts have nothing to do with soccer.

I already asked where he heard it, no need to be narky.

Just an observation, but a lot of your posts are shít.

If you don't like my posts, put me on ignore... please.

Just an observation, but a lot of your posts are shít.

If you don't like my posts, put me on ignore... please.

You've never pointed out why my posts are **** before. You just rather say they're **** without giving any reason.

I would be amazed if we signed Van Persie, I think it would be great short term, while ignoring the midfield problem, or giving Fergie an excuse to play Rooney there more! But long term I dont like the deal, it has to hamper the development of Welb and Chico who could both be superstars I think. I would rather we stick with them and if we are looking for an experienced striker then just keep Berba and play him! He can play the deep role to perfection.

These Lucas stories not going away oddly, if it is to happen it will happen by the end of the month imo as the club will own even less of him in August (its now an 80-20 split, becomes 70-30 in August)

alproctor wrote: »

looks alright here
    480997_10150971828147746_634066658_n.jpg

Looked damn good on Berba yesterday! Though I suspect he could make a burlap sack look good

kryogen wrote: »
    Looked damn good on Berba yesterday! Though I suspect he could make a burlap sack look good

:D

182145_10150971828977746_293838272_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Was looking around for Kagawa pics for a sig and came across this, laughed so hard, would make an awesome avatar for someone with a Pro account.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-9FIp80PJkqm0-lj1Aff0IZly4b1J_2UIan_ShEgV9bzgB8dcC-5kYMSs

kryogen wrote: »
    I would be amazed if we signed Van Persie, I think it would be great short term, while ignoring the midfield problem, or giving Fergie an excuse to play Rooney there more! But long term I dont like the deal, it has to hamper the development of Welb and Chico who could both be superstars I think. I would rather we stick with them and if we are looking for an experienced striker then just keep Berba and play him! He can play the deep role to perfection.

These Lucas stories not going away oddly, if it is to happen it will happen by the end of the month imo as the club will own even less of him in August (its now an 80-20 split, becomes 70-30 in August)

Could it not happen that the 20% owners keep their 20%? Would it not make sense that way?

Say Lucas is worth 40 million now, and became a superstar in a few years and was worth 80 million. Couldn't they keep their 20% and sell it if he was sold for massive money in a few years?

I nominate Ivy to don it Mikey.

Could it not happen that the 20% owners keep their 20%? Would it not make sense that way?

Say Lucas is worth 40 million now, and became a superstar in a few years and was worth 80 million. Couldn't they keep their 20% and sell it if he was sold for massive money in a few years?

Dont think premier league allow 3rd party ownership

• Advertisement

Berba you beautiful man you.

iKzl24mRRS1r4.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Dont think premier league allow 3rd party ownership

Forgot about that!

I think the best one was in the first half when he showed for a throw, saw the defender closing him down, flicked it over his head and had a shot.

Glorious stuff

He owns the 20% of his economic rights (through a company from what I read) so 20% of the fee will go to him now, and 30% in August. From what I have read the company needs the money/wants the money so they are pushing for the sale. He is on 9k a week wages also and has asked for a pay rise (again, just from reports I have read) which has been refused, another reason they want the sale.

I think the Premier League did away with allowing third party ownership also so United would need to own 100% of his economic rights to register him?

jamc wrote: »
    I think the best one was in the first half when he showed for a throw, saw the defender closing him down, flicked it over his head and had a shot.

Glorious stuff

It was only against a poor team :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Seen that last night and thought I was going mad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

After seeing that berbatov gif, why did we buy this shinji lad at all? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Was looking around for Kagawa pics for a sig and came across this, laughed so hard, would make an awesome avatar for someone with a Pro account.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    I nominate Ivy to don it Mikey.

No, that's scary :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Mouth part looks like Smalling's.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement