Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Mouth part looks like Smalling's.

And the head looks like Silvestres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Berba you beautiful man you.

iKzl24mRRS1r4.gif

Looking at this lad looks like he could be a good signing, would love to see him play for united.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Could Berba not move to central midfield where he could be as slow and methodical as he wants controlling the ball and distributing it like that :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

After seeing that berbatov gif, why did we buy this shinji lad at all? :D

Presumably because he does it when he isn't playing against a load of rubbish players more consistently, Berba showing off yesterday is being blown far out of proportion.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Liam O wrote: »
    Presumably because he does it when he isn't playing against a load of rubbish players more consistently, Berba showing off yesterday is being blown far out of proportion.

The thing i see from most of those clips is players were running past him. Allowing him to play those balls. If Berbatov is stuck up front with nobody running off him he will not even try to play like that.

If United could play that way all the time it would suit him.

Unfortunately most teams defend deep and stop United players running into space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

I would echo the comments about the jersey, it looked pretty good on tv / the players. Bizarrely I like the socks. Its surprisingly hard to get decent footy socks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

DM-ICE wrote: »
    The thing i see from most of those clips is players were running past him. Allowing him to play those balls. If Berbatov is stuck up front with nobody running off him he will not even try to play like that.

If United could play that way all the time it would suit him.

Unfortunately most teams defend deep and stop United players running into space.

This man knows his stuff, as long as Berba had quick players around him, a bit of security behind him I'm sure he could strut his stuff in cm at the very least in the league, would be found out alright in the champs league but in the premiership his touch alone would buy him the time and space to pick those passes, sure just look at scholes sure, he is the master at carving out those few yards for himself and pinging the ball around, no doubt a player of Berba's ability could do A similar job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

More sh1te from twitter: "Moura has foregone his signing bonus to help complete a move to United"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

This man knows his stuff, as long as Berba had quick players around him, a bit of security behind him I'm sure he could strut his stuff in cm at the very least in the league, would be found out alright in the champs league but in the premiership his touch alone would buy him the time and space to pick those passes, sure just look at scholes sure, he is the master at carving out those few yards for himself and pinging the ball around, no doubt a player of Berba's ability could do A similar job

Well I was thinking more of an attacking Playmaker role - Sneijder, Riquelme, Kaka, Baggio - what Kagawa is going to bring hopefully - rather than Central midfield playmaker like Pirlo or Xavi.

Also maybe there are some solid truths about Moura. We were in for Hazard after all and i think Kagawa was more or less tied up way earlier than Hazard.

• Advertisement

Valencia holding a snake

AyMiRFSCAAEpAij.jpg:large

Samich wrote: »
    Valencia holding a snake

So snakes are what makes him smile...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Well I was thinking more of an attacking Playmaker role - Sneijder, Riquelme, Kaka, Baggio - what Kagawa is going to bring hopefully - rather than Central midfield playmaker like Pirlo or Xavi.

Ummm, I'd liken him to a xavi/scholes role more than an attacking player as mentioned above, I just don't think he would have that explosiveness in his game :P

Barely breaks a sweat as is!!!!

Marca Brazil report saying Utd representatives were in Brazil.

http://marcabrasil.ig.com.br/sao_paulo/html/2012/7/representantes_do_manchester_united_se_reunem_com_os_pais_de_lucas_40780.html

Also that snake would weigh a fair bit too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Valencia holding a snake

Havent seen Djemba Djemba in ages!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

GSPfan wrote: »

That's racist

That's racist

Bloody choc ice

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

GSPfan wrote: »

Yes look, it's a black person.

It's not too unlike him tbf.

It's not too unlike him tbf.

You need to hang out with a wider range of humanity.

• Advertisement

Pro. F wrote: »
    You need to hang out with a wider range of humanity.

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Right so, fantasy football is back and theres usually a United league, I don't see any codes/mention of one so I created one. Anyone who needs the code give us a PM and I'll send it your way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I'll be up before a judge soon. How dare I remark that a black guy looks like a former United player.
    Now I know how Randy Marsh felt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Right so, fantasy football is back and theres usually a United league, I don't see any codes/mention of one so I created one. Anyone who needs the code give us a PM and I'll send it your way.
    Why not just post the code?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Why?
    He's just trying to insinuate that you are making a judgement on racial stereotypes, and that you think all black people look the same, petty but the thread has been like that for a while.

BTW the accentuated cheekbones do make that lad look a bit like Djemba Djemba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Because about 500 people will be in it then, and someone who doesn't post here will probably end up winning it.

I came in the top 5 last year I think. I'm aiming for the top spot this year.

Why?

Because he doesn't actually look much like Djembax2.
    Owen_S wrote: »
    BTW the accentuated cheekbones do make that lad look a bit like Djemba Djemba.

Yeah not really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I would actually rather talk about Sneijder at this rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I suppose Ashley Young doesn't look like your man from The Wire now either :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

cambo2008 wrote: »
    I suppose Ashley Young doesn't look like your man from The Wire now either :rolleyes:

But he does.

Who made it last year? If they just restart it I think we're automatically all in there...

I was winning the United league for about 3 months until the last 2 gameweeks if I remember correctly, the wheels really came off there :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Just to stop the random people, who may either come across it, or someone, who isn't a United fan may join.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Which one?

Bodie? Omar? D'Angelo?

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭POSSY

kryogen wrote: »
    Which one?

Bodie? Omar? D'Angelo?

Shure aren't they all the same fella?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Which one?

Bodie? Omar? D'Angelo?

Definitely marlo.

• Advertisement

1501311784_young_2609.jpg

Definitely marlo.

**** yeah Marlo! How did I forget about him :confused:

There is a serious resemblence there alright :)

Love the Wire, think Ill throw on a box set. I might have time for the fantasy football this year so if someone can send me the details via pm I'd appreciate it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

But he does.
    And there is a slight resemblance with that fella and Djemba Djemba.
    It's not a great lookalike but I doubt he just said it because they are the same colour.
    I mention lookalikes all the time that most others don't seem to get.

Ill throw on a box set.

I read that as sex bot, im either too tired or i need to get laid asap

Speaking of lookalikes that fella who was playin rb for qpr is kinda similar to rafael could be cousins or somethin, maybe im just racist

• Advertisement

And there is a slight resemblance with that fella and Djemba Djemba.
    But there isn't really. This is going nowhere. There's no point arguing about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

United representatives met with Lucas Moura's parents & agent today to finalize a deal worth €38million.
    Sao Paulo's officials. "We sat down and spoke for a while, it was a really good meeting Man utd are very professional".
    (Source: sempre tricolor )

But there isn't really. This is going nowhere. There's no point arguing about it.

There is though, you seem to be the only one who doesn't see it. :rolleyes:

United representatives met with Lucas Moura's parents & agent today to finalize a deal worth €38million.
    Sao Paulo's officials. "We sat down and spoke for a while, it was a really good meeting Man utd are very professional".

Are Lucas's parents and agent not the same?? His dad

Also, are the Sao Paulo officials his agent and parents?

Strange one that! :D

Anything up from the more reliable Brazilian lads?

Startin to believe this is actually happening. What is fergie playing at? We will have soooooooooooo many attackers next season.

Still want berba to stay. In fact I'd sell Rooney, still haven't forgiven him for acting the bollix and airing grievances in public. Between that and his other indiscretions it isnt the united way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Jaysus lads, can we give the lookalike sh1te a rest!

as I said earlier, we were trying to sign Hazard and the Kagawa deal was tied up more or less at that stage anyways so could well be possible we're spending that amount on a young talent.

Paulo Freitas‏@Cynegeticus

@United_CR7 The meeting seems to have actually happened, but São Paulo were not involved in that meeting

Im actually amazed that a meeting seems to have happened!

Paulo Freitas‏@Cynegeticus

@jayemufcfeast @erick_ellie I believe it's true, but doesn't mean as much as looks like at first glance because they have met Inter too.

Less amazed now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭VW 1

He must not be any good, didn't get in the Brazil team for tomorrow.

Joking aside, should be a good game, lots of our lads to keep and eye on in it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement