Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

kryogen wrote: »
    Paulo Freitas‏@Cynegeticus

@jayemufcfeast @erick_ellie I believe it's true, but doesn't mean as much as looks like at first glance because they have met Inter too.

Less amazed now :)

If they have met, and the fact Utd tried to sign Hazard, don't ya think they're at least trying to sign him.

I think he'd be a good buy tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Samich wrote: »
    There is though, you seem to be the only one who doesn't see it. :rolleyes:

I don't agree.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pro. F wrote: »
    I don't agree.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I hope we don't sign this Lucas chap. Especially if it means that Nani is moved on.

Sign a proper central midfielder and we'll be very, very strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

k

k

• Registered Users Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭KH25

I find it strange that there's nothing going around lately about us being in for a proper CM. We must be going for a change in formation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Id like to see Lucas at United but I just think the transfer is a bit un-fergie like. Paying big money on a teenager that has not been proven in Europe, just seems odd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

If they have met, and the fact Utd tried to sign Hazard, don't ya think they're at least trying to sign him.

I think he'd be a good buy tbh.

I am sure there is an interest alright, as I am sure there is an interest in lots of players, these discussion take place a lot in fairness so I wouldn't normally read too much into it, if United had been confirmed as meeting with Sao Paulo officials and having negotiations with them it would be a big bit of news, but meeting with someones parents/agent is not really.

As was said, they also met Inter a little while ago, nothing has come from that, even if something was agreed with the representatives it doesn't make a blind bit of difference until there is an agreement with the club.

I'd love to take him to the club, think the fee bandied around is too much for the club though

Id like to see Lucas at United but I just think the transfer is a bit un-fergie like. Paying big money on a teenager that has not been proven in Europe, just seems odd

Hmm I think there is massive world class potential in Lucas. He was going to spend massive amounts of money on Hazard, although the French league is a higher standard.

• Advertisement

I hope we don't sign this Lucas chap. Especially if it means that Nani is moved on.

Sign a proper central midfielder and we'll be very, very strong.

Don't you think its odd that practically everybody in the whole world thinks this except Fergie?

It really is weird.

How much would Nani fetch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

25-30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Am I the only person thinking that the collar ruins it?
    The papers will say £30m to PSG/Anzhi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Nice jersey...

• Advertisement

Hmm I think there is massive world class potential in Lucas. He was going to spend massive amounts of money on Hazard, although the French league is a higher standard.

Not just that, Hazard has been consistently good in Europe for a number of years, he is from Europe and the transition from the French league to the English league seems to work out pretty well a lot of the time (for every Chamahk or however you spell the name) there is an Evra or a Pires or a Cantona or a Petit or a Wiltord or a Heinze or an Essien or a, well you get the point :)

Spending a huge amount of cash on a teenage Brazilian is a different thing altogether and is not something I could ever really Fergie doing.

Don't you think its odd that practically everybody in the whole world thinks this except Fergie?

It really is weird.

Very weird.

He has gotten very few things wrong over his career, but this is definitely one of them. Obviously there have been a few unfortunate injuries/weight gains (Fletcher, Hargreaves and Anderson) but he should really have acted and dealt with them by signing new players instead of just relying on the ones that he has until almost all of them are gone.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    25-30

Considering the club are being told 40million is not enough for a teenager I think one of the best wingers in the world would fetch 120 then :)

Honestly, if he was to be let go for anything less then 40-50 million the club is getting the wrong end of a deal. Walcott has apparently had bids of 25 million put in for him ffs!

Had some laugh at one of the stories from earlier in the summer where United were going to offer Nani PLUS 10 MILLION! for the Porto lad (Rodriguez)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Hopefully, by the end of August, we'll be admiring Fergie for his master stroke in bringing world-class midfielder [INSERT NAME] to the club....

/straw grasping

Not just that, Hazard has been consistently good in Europe for a number of years, he is from Europe and the transition from the French league to the English league seems to work out pretty well a lot of the time (for every Chamahk or however you spell the name) there is an Evra or a Pires or a Cantona or a Petit or a Wiltord or a Heinze or an Essien or a, well you get the point :)

Spending a huge amount of cash on a teenage Brazilian is a different thing altogether and is not something I could ever really Fergie doing.

Things have changed big style though.

With the mega rich clubs just giving as much money as the player wants it's not that easy.

7/8 years ago if Utd were interested in a Hazard type play they'd have got him. They lost out because of a richer club.

35 million could turn out cheap. We'd have a seriously young talented team like.

Smalling, Rafael, Kagawa, Lucas would be all young players who'd be starters as well as the other young players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Any truth in
    Rvp being on verge of signing for us?? My bro told me earlier but he is a wind up merchant!!

Shouldn't we be buying a strong CM rather than a striker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Predalien

If the Lucas thing is true and the fees quoted accurate, will that be a record amount received by a Brazilian club for a player?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Any truth in
    Rvp being on verge of signing for us?? My bro told me earlier but he is a wind up merchant!!

Shouldn't we be buying a strong CM rather than a striker?

He signed yesterday where have you been? Press conference tomorrow.

The old Man Utd was scoring more than they let in, maybe we're returning to them days? :P

Liam O wrote: »
    He signed yesterday where have you been? Press conference tomorrow.

I smell a wind up merchant ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

On the whole Rvp transfer , world class obviously but IMO we don't need him. Hernandez is not going to play 2nd or 3rd fiddle and will end up leaving and also how old is rvp, late 20s? Potentially another Hargreaves in terms of injuries IMO.

I just hope the cm is taking poirity and the left back slot not far behind because Evras a liability of late.

In saying that I won't complain if Rvp does join, Iv a fair few arsenal buddies and this is top banter material !

Considering the club are being told 40million is not enough for a teenager I think one of the best wingers in the world would fetch 120 then :)

Honestly, if he was to be let go for anything less then 40-50 million the club is getting the wrong end of a deal. Walcott has apparently had bids of 25 million put in for him ffs!

Had some laugh at one of the stories from earlier in the summer where United were going to offer Nani PLUS 10 MILLION! for the Porto lad (Rodriguez)

I would love 40-50 and I think a player of Nani's caliber would warrant such a fee, I think £30m is what he would be sold for.

Things have changed big style though.

With the mega rich clubs just giving as much money as the player wants it's not that easy.

7/8 years ago if Utd were interested in a Hazard type play they'd have got him. They lost out because of a richer club.

35 million could turn out cheap. We'd have a seriously young talented team like.

Smalling, Rafael, Kagawa, Lucas would be all young players who'd be starters as well as the other young players.

I am not saying its easy, far from it, more then 7/8 years ago United were interested in a Hazard type player, very interested, didnt get him, lost out to another club, got Ronaldo instead though not long after, turned out alright.

United have never been the club to go and buy the finished article, of course this happens once in a while, Veron, Berbatov etc but it is extremely rare with Fergie, it is not his way, and it is not the United way of doing things. That will not change until at least we have a new manager.

The youth in the team is full to the bring with talent/potential

Kagawa, Smalling, Jones, Raf, Fabio, Anderson, Cleverley, Hernandez, Welbeck, De Gea etc

United buy players before the hit the world class level normally, all the above fit into that catagory, United buy players like Vidic, Evra, Bruce, Pallister, Keane, Ronaldo, Rooney, Irwin, RVN etc

With or without Lucas the youth in the team is outstanding, as a squad in terms of depth the club stands up to and beats practically anybody, bar Madrid, maybe.

The investment of huge money, if there is a huge amount there, should really be spent where the gaping hole is right now. Lucas in 19,20, he doesn't have to move now. No other club is going to pay whats being asked, let him stay in Brazil and continue his development, come back again in time. The club always gets wind when another team is starting to make a move for a player they are interested in and they can decide to go ahead with the deal then if they think is a player they cant miss out on.

Lucas will not be the difference between us winning and losing the league or CL imho, but a proper central midfielder could be. No issues foing forward last season, defence was good and should be better this season. Problems were retaining the ball in the middle of the field etc

Maybe fergie sees Rooney playing CM and wellbeck and RVP up front??

I think Rooney has potential in CM or CAM ROLE tbh but take best striker from position to play CM???

Hmmm

Also defo think wellbeck is better than Hernandez and macheda is supposedly on fire form wise now!!!

Can anyone else see Hernandez being sold or used as bait for a massive player transfer?

Predalien wrote: »
    If the Lucas thing is true and the fees quoted accurate, will that be a record amount received by a Brazilian club for a player?

Yeah, its held by Denilson iirc,(21-22mil) it will be broken by Oscar to Chelsea if the 25 mil is correct

• Advertisement

Maybe fergie sees Rooney playing CM and wellbeck and RVP up front??

I think Rooney has potential in CM or CAM ROLE tbh but take best striker from position to play CM???

Hmmm

Kryogen doesn't do hating Alex Ferguson

But if he did it would be because he shoe horned a 30+ goal a season striker into a central mdifielder.

Kryogen doesn't do hating Alex Ferguson

But if he did it would be because he shoe horned a 30+ goal a season striker into a central mdifielder.

I know it would shackle Rooney but he is so creative and dogged in chasing ball down maybe CM could be suited to him?

Saying that I'm very excited come on UNITED

I am very excited too! Batman!!!!!!!!!

Tickets booked and ready to see the finale of this epic trilogy!

I'm excited at the thoughts of taking epl back from noisy neighbours!!!

How can you not be excited about Batman given your username :)

Did someone call me?

No Rodwell links this window, feels a bit strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I don't know how people think Welbeck is better than Hernandez, Chico was injured last season a fair bit aswell as being molested by Mexico in terms of travelling.

I think people forget chico's debut season. Id feel a lot more at ease with wazza and chico up front. I think Welbeck is good alright but also tbh quite clumsy looking in his play and also no where near as clinical as Chico.

I don't know how people think Welbeck is better than Hernandez, Chico was injured last season a fair bit aswell as being molested by Mexico in terms of travelling.

I think people forget chico's debut season. Id feel a lot more at ease with wazza and chico up front. I think Welbeck is good alright but also tbh quite clumsy looking in his play and also no where near as clinical as Chico.

Chico is all about position, always in the right place.

Welbeck is better at link up play. it's tough to choose.

• Advertisement

How can you not be excited about Batman given your username :)

I'm sick of all the filming tbh!! You try being onset 14 hours a day and trying to watch over Gotham at the same time!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

If you think Welbeck is clumsy looking in his play then how do you see Chico in that regard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

What do people think of Berba as a Cm?
    Realistic or just a fantasy?

I am very excited too! Batman!!!!!!!!!

Tickets booked and ready to see the finale of this epic trilogy!

Should be great. Have to try and fit in the two previous films before I go tomorrow night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Gonna wait a week, or a bit more. Hate going to the cinema when its packed. Hell, I've only been to cinema once in the last 2 years, and that was only last week.

Anyways, come home Lucas, come home..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Eathrin wrote: »

Fantasy. He has nowhere enough tactical experience in the position to play there at a high level and he just isn't mobile enough for it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Eathrin wrote: »

Been thinking the same thing since last night. He seemed to enjoy it, great link up play too and his composure on the ball was as usual, top notch. Don't know if he'd be mobile enough though, in saying that, I'd like to see him play the same role in a few more matches!

Lucas

Welcome to Manchester

Gonna wait a week, or a bit more. Hate going to the cinema when its packed. Hell, I've only been to cinema once in the last 2 years, and that was only last week.

Anyways, come home Lucas, come home..

We're going to the late night showing. Hopefully it won't be too bad then.

Good look avoiding spoilers for a week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

:(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement