Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭jdooley28

Euros fatigue could be a major problem for us though.

Yes it'll affect other teams too but Evra, Jones, Nani, Young, Wellbeck and Rooney are all still in the tournament and Giggs may end up playing in the Olympics.

Do people think Giggs will feature in the Olympics? I think Fergie could persuade him otherwise.

Yeah Evra especially maybe Fergie will consider not loaning out Fabio I just i heard somewhere he would be sent on loan to gain experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Don't think there is any point moaning about Sean's views on United and blaming the mods. With that being said, Didn't Bateman want Given in the posts for United last season? I wonder if he still thinks Carrick is a spoofer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Anybody else find it suspicious that as soon as Bateman comes back here two posters, Stooge and jdooley28, who have never posted in the United thread before all of a sudden come in and start responding to him? These two posters each have only 15 posts over the last seven or eight months too. Hmmm... suspicious.

To help take everybody's mind off the absolute shíte that you know Bateman is going to try and subject this thread to here's a cool interview with Rooney. It's really cool, all about how he uses visualisation techniques to help improve his game and decision making and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Pro. F wrote: »
    Anybody else find it suspicious that as soon as Bateman comes back here two posters, Stooge and jdooley28, who have never posted in the United thread before all of a sudden come in and start responding to him? These two posters each have only 15 posts over the last seven or eight months too. Hmmm... suspicious.

To help take everybody's mind off the absolute shíte that you know Bateman is going to try and subject this thread to here's a cool interview with Rooney. It's really cool, all about how he uses visualisation techniques to help improve his game and decision making and stuff.

I find it even more suspicious that all three accounts seem to have posts in similar fora. For example Bateman and jdooley28 both have posted in the soccer, golf, rugby, GAA, accountancy, after hours, taxation, films, elections and referendums, travel, celebrity & showbiz and motors fora.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

I have been saying Modric was the man for United for a while now and on the night he convinced many, I missed the game, how well did he play???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'm back...

Shame I was proved 100% correct re David De Gea - His disastrous performances helped to cost us the league. A world class goalkeeper for the here and now is required.

Two world class midfielders are clearly required. Modric would be one. Kagawa could be a good signing but I suspect that we've just bought a journeyman to replace Park from a marketing perspective.

One or possibly two fullbacks are also required. The twins are jokers - Headless chickens that can't be trusted and Evra's gone rapidly downhill since WC 2010. Phil Jones is being afflicted with John O'Shea syndrome - Jack of all trades and master of none. He's not a fullback and neither is Chris Smalling.

Shame Morrison and Pogba were let go but if they were that good, they'd have been playing regularly.

Anderson had proven time and time again that he can't be relied upon - Dump him.

Add 3 - 4 top class players into the mix and we're on the pigs back.

So no ludicrous spin about "no value in the market" please Fergie. Stop defending the Glazers and get the chequebook out.

Permabanned. Lol, he couldn't even wait ten minutes and lie low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I just finished watching Senna, and am seriously feeling down, but that news has cheered me up a little.

Sad film though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

At least he went out on a high. It was a great post. Really managed to talk as much ****e as possible in 10 lines. I was impressed with his effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I love the fact that the guy who said DDG was going to turn out Fergie's worst signing ever was now trying to say that he had been proven right. DDG's ongoing quality must be eating him up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

I hope Robby Brady makes it. We need a top player in the Ireland squad. It's the one thing we lack. I may be wrong but hasn't Fergie himself said Brady has a future at the club and will get his chance next season? Has he not told Brady that personally? Let's hope he takes it for Irish soccer more than anything else. He looks an impressive prospect. He is firing on all cylinders for the U 21's and has been really good at Hull. Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Modric had a very good game today. He didn't give away possession even when he was under pressure and surrounded by 2-3 Spanish players. This performance alone should make Madrid to try to sign him as there are very few players who can retain possession against Barca trio.

Would love to see him at United, 30Million? IMO well worth it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Newspaper gossip this morning is...

Rafael to be given a new contracting, as well he should.

Berbatov might be off to Malaga.

Fryers could be off to Spurs or Newcastle, which makes no sense if Fabio goes on loan.

We're signing James Rodriguez as a "potential replacement" for Nani.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If Nani stuff is true and he leaves, I be more then little disappointed.

I would be disappointed also, I don't want him to leave but we have to face facts, not everyone is a Scholes or a Giggs.

In Fergie we trust etc etc...

I would be disappointed also, I don't want him to leave but we have to face facts, not everyone is a Scholes or a Giggs.

In Fergie we trust etc etc...

Which team is rumored to be interested in signing him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,398 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

There was talk a week or so back about Anzhi having agreed a deal with him, but I put that in the 'tabloid crap' pile to be honest.

Haven't heard of any strong interest from the main spanish or italian sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

Selling Nani would be a mistake imo, as other posters have said he offers something different, can cut inside, 2 footed etc. Yes he's frustrating at times but he has been one of our better players the last 2 seasons and the only reason I think that Fergie would sell him is if a crazy offer was made.

With Holland and Croatia now out of the Euros does anyone think Fergie will move quickly for the supposed targets of Modric and Strootman?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Frisbee wrote: »

Post of the day. Thank the lord! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Would be pretty surprised if this Nani talk was not just down to him and the club negotiating a new deal tbh.

There has been no real links to plausible teams, I just don't see him going to Anzhi/ I don't know why, just from hearing him whenever he is interviewed, it seems, like Ronaldo he wants to play with the best players in the best leagues etc and they don't really give him that.

If there were serious noises about Madrid or maybe even a Milan coming for him I would be worried, but he really does seem to want to prove that he can be more important to the club then Ronaldo was, him being played out on the left most of the time is the only reason I can think for him to be unhappy at the club really.

He deserves to get the big money too, besides Rooney he is our most important attacking player, at one time he was even more important to the team then Rooney offensively imo. He is getting better and better and I would hate to lose him, it would be another sign that we are a selling club these days anyway, cashing in on players as they are entering their peak after putting so much into their development.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Well that was an enjoyable few minutes of reading -

The "I'm back....." bit genuinely made me :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I've never wanted to thank a post so much in my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Its nearly better then new world class signing.

Nearly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Also rumours like this will only make it more difficult to sign players, if we need a replacement, transfer fee will be ramped up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Also rumours like this will only make it more difficult to sign players, if we need a replacement, transfer fee will be ramped up.

I thanked your post because I can't thank your sig. That Everyday I'm shufflin. Click it people. Click it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

nicklauski wrote: »
    I thanked your post because I can't thank your sig. That Everyday I'm shufflin. Click it people. Click it.

Awwwwww yeah, play it in the office on Friday when it times to go home, shuffle outta there :pac:

• Advertisement

nicklauski wrote: »

Haha deadly!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Brilliant banning post!!!! :pac:

I had to come in here and have a look!!! Jesus Christ!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

At least he went out on a high. It was a great post. Really managed to talk as much ****e as possible in 10 lines. I was impressed with his effort.

Really? I agreed with every word

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Watch more Bundesliga for a start.

Even on De Gea??

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    Even on De Gea??

Even the most die hard Utd fan would admit that the jury is still out on him, wouldnt they?

He will be more settled this season though and Utd goalkeepers are usually a tough act to follow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Even the most die hard Utd fan would admit that the jury is still out on him, wouldnt they?

He will be more settled this season though and Utd goalkeepers are usually a tough act to follow

No there's no jury. If he was English or playing for any other club he'd be hailed by every pundit and fan as having had a great 1st season.
    We won Utd far more points than he cost us. His potential is fantastic.

I really rate him and think he'll be one of the best keeper around in a few years!

Fook no.

He had a dodgy start, but since he came back into the side properly in January he has been monumentally superb game in, game out. Keeping us in games with stunning saves and setting our attacks with quick and accurate releasing.

I don't know how anyone could look at his performances in the second half of the season and think the kid should be replaced.

Joe Hart was just after coming back from a loan at Blackpool around the same age De Gea is now. Pert Cech had only just signed for Rennes. Van Der Sar was sitting on the bench at Ajax.

De Gea is young, but it is brilliant and has a very good chance of being regarded as the best keeper in the world very soon. Wouldn't swap him for anyone.

Fook no.

He had a dodgy start, but since he came back into the side properly in January he has been monumentally superb game in, game out. Keeping us in games with stunning saves and setting our attacks with quick and accurate releasing.

I don't know how anyone could look at his performances in the second half of the season and think the kid should be replaced.

Joe Hart was just after coming back from a loan at Blackpool around the same age De Gea is now. Pert Cech had only just signed for Rennes. Van Der Sar was sitting on the bench at Ajax.

De Gea is young, but it is brilliant and has a very good chance of being regarded as the best keeper in the world very soon. Wouldn't swap him for anyone.

Oh ok then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

If I could thank Mitch's post more than once I would. De Gea has been superb since he came back in for Lindegaard.

While we're at it. If Lindegaard is happy to play second fiddle, he's not a bad man to have as your second choice.

I wouldn't take any keeper in the league over De Gea.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Laura, can we get a ban here please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Keeping us in games with stunning saves and setting our attacks with quick and accurate releasing.

I read an article posted on here recently describing the tactics Barcelona use, and one aspect of that was the role of Valdes and his importance to the system. Basically, there were no long hoof balls from the keeper, he was to keep the ball on the floor and start attacks from the back.

And herein lies the only concern I have regarding De Gea. I fully believe he has unmatched potential, and already one of his key skills is his range and accuracy of passing. In short, his key skills are exactly those that Barcelona will be looking for in a keeper once Valdes retires.

In five years time, will we have the worlds best goalkeeper agitating for a move to Spain? What a disappointment that would be.

A rhetorical question of course, theres nothing we can do about that should it come to it, but the possibility is there.

I read an article posted on here recently describing the tactics Barcelona use, and one aspect of that was the role of Valdes and his importance to the system. Basically, there were no long hoof balls from the keeper, he was to keep the ball on the floor and start attacks from the back.

And herein lies the only concern I have regarding De Gea. I fully believe he has unmatched potential, and already one of his key skills is his range and accuracy of passing. In short, his key skills are exactly those that Barcelona will be looking for in a keeper once Valdes retires.

In five years time, will we have the worlds best goalkeeper agitating for a move to Spain? What a disappointment that would be.

A rhetorical question of course, theres nothing we can do about that should it come to it, but the possibility is there.

Yep - him heading back to Spain to play for Barcelona is a big worry. My hope is Barcelona decide to bring Reina, a youth product of theirs, home instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Large large large transfer fee.

Valdes is just 30, still have many years at top level. Not much worried about it as they will have to pay top price and De Gea is not from La Masia to exhibit his Barca DNA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

You need to take a long hard look at yourself.

...and then an even longer, harder look at some football.

Dont know how true it is.
    A Cristiano Ronaldo good news story. After a Real Madrid game at the end of last season the footballer and his agent Jorge Mendes met a nine year old boy suffering from cancer.

They spoke to his parents and learned that his only chance was expensive experimental treatment, the boy's father said "The hospital gave us three options: do nothing, experimental tests and a biopsy sent to the U.S. to make a customised drug."

Ronaldo and Mendes decided to take on any costs and the youngster was transferred to a private hospital in Madrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭POSSY

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

In my personal opinion I think DDG is an extremely talented goalie, who has possess great distribution skills from kick-outs etc and is an unbelievable shot stopper. And I wouldn't change him for another keeper in Europe given his age and displays to date I feel he may well go down as one of the true greats of football.

However, I can understand why some, in particular non-united fans, are skeptical of him. He came into a new country, to a new more aggressive style as far as corners, crosses, etc are concerned and he didn't adapt great for the first few months of his career. All to be expected, and perhaps some may say he was a weak-link for a while and it's hard to argue against that, at the beginning of his time with us he didn't cope well under pressure. I still think it's the weakest area if his game.

That being said, I've no doubt at all, that over the next 1-2 seasons we will see that area of his game develop greatly and I'm sure he'll be our no.1 for a long time to come (or as long as we can keep hold of him).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

For anyone who has not seen them.

18 Aug Everton A
    25 Aug Fulham H
    1 Sep Southampton A
    15 Sep Wigan Athletic H
    22 Sep Liverpool A
    29 Sep Tottenham Hotspur H
    6 Oct Newcastle United A
    20 Oct Stoke City H
    27 Oct Chelsea A
    3 Nov Arsenal H
    10 Nov Aston Villa A
    17 Nov Norwich City A
    24 Nov Queens Park Rangers H
    27 Nov West Ham United H
    1 Dec Reading A
    8 Dec Manchester City A
    15 Dec Sunderland H
    22 Dec Swansea City A
    26 Dec Newcastle United H
    29 Dec West Bromwich Albion H
    1 Jan Wigan Athletic A
    12 Jan Liverpool H
    19 Jan Tottenham Hotspur A
    29 Jan Southampton H
    2 Feb Fulham A
    9 Feb Everton H
    23 Feb Queens Park Rangers A
    2 Mar Norwich City H
    16 Mar Reading H
    30 Mar Sunderland A
    6 Apr Manchester City H
    20 Apr Aston Villa H
    27 Apr Arsenal A
    4 May Chelsea H
    12 May Swansea City H
    19 May West Bromwich Albion A

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

I did the first part alright, cos I am a bit of a looker and always enjoy passing the mirror ;)

but the second part? Good god man, a football match seems to be always 90 mins long PLUS Fergie time!

Thats like an hour and a half of concentration in EVERY match! :eek:

Thank god for highlights and youtube, thats all I'll say there! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Keno 92 wrote: »
    30 Mar Sunderland A
    6 Apr Manchester City H

20 Apr Aston Villa H
    27 Apr Arsenal A
    4 May Chelsea H

12 May Swansea City H
    19 May West Bromwich Albion A

......nice hand run in there anyways.....

Those 5 games from 30 March to 4th May will define our season if we are still in with a shout by that stage. Doesn't get much tougher than that. We'd need to be holding a couple of points advantage going into that, I'd say.

I did the first part alright, cos I am a bit of a looker and always enjoy passing the mirror ;)

but the second part? Good god man, a football match seems to be always 90 mins long PLUS Fergie time!

Thats like an hour and a half of concentration in EVERY match! :eek:

Thank god for highlights and youtube, thats all I'll say there! :)

You drunk or what?

• Advertisement

Edit - just noticed Swansea at home the day after the FA Cup Final again this year in our last home game.
    Coincidence.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement