Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    €100 a vast amount of money over 2 years? I'm sure u can swing a euro a week.

Right we'll go with that so..

So United win the league inside the next two seasons, €100 to you.

They don't, €100 to me...

Easy money for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

djPSB wrote: »
    Right we'll go with that so..

So United win the league inside the next two seasons, €100 to you.

They don't, €100 to me...

Easy money for you.

They were your terms. My only term was the stake. I will take that bet though.

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    They were your terms. My only term was the stake. I will take that bet though.

I suggested a straight bet, I presumed you didn't want to deviate from the terms when you didn't suggest otherwise.

Hopefully, it will go like this one
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73414909

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

djPSB wrote: »
    I suggested a straight bet, I presumed you didn't want to deviate from the terms when you didn't suggest otherwise.

Hopefully, it will go like this one
    http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73414909

Looks like we have a bet then. Best of luck to you sir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I'll also take the bet djPSB if you're still offering. Although your mouth seems larger than your wallet

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    I'll also take the bet djPSB if you're still offering. Although your mouth seems larger than your wallet

Paddy Power will be dealing with the remaining affiliations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Even money on utd to win the league in the next 2 years?? Are you the fella that does the paddypower twitter account?! PRICEGASM!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

lol, Fergie actually talks about our central midfield and acknowledges that there's a problem, but thinks (look away Pro F :p) that Carrick is the key:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-uniteds-michael-carrick-is-key-1151553
    "I think Carrick is the key to it," said Ferguson during a break from United's pre-season tour of South Africa.

"He did really well in second half of last season and I think he's going to be the key man.

"Scholes will obviously play his part, Giggs as well and Cleverley hopefully, as well as Anderson if he keeps fit.

"They will all play a part but, for me, Carrick is the key player."

"Michael has always had slow starts to a season," said Ferguson, who feels United are still the team to beat in the new campaign despite City's triumph. "He denies this. He doesn't think that's true, but I do.

"By the time he gets to December, he starts playing consistently well. He had a really good end to the season.

"If you look at the central midfielders in the Premier League, he can match up against any of them in terms of quality.

"The likes of Luka Modric, Yaya Toure, those are probably the best central midfielders - as well as Steven Gerrard, depending on where you play him, but I'm not sure he's actually a central midfield player.

"Michael can read the game and also play in front of the back four.

"In the modern day game, you don't need tacklers the same way you used to. There's no call for it.

"It's all about anticipation and reading the game. The refereeing is of such a standard that you can hardly tackle anyone now, so that sort of thing isn't the same issue as it used to be."

Despite his high praise for Carrick, Ferguson remains desperate to recruit a creative player for the middle of the park.

"We do have an issue in central midfield, there's no doubt about that, because getting a Scholes or a Carrick is very difficult these days," said Ferguson.

"We have the boy Nick Powell coming through, but he's young and although he's a very good talent he'll eventually be a midfield player.

"The boy Cleverley will contribute if he can stay clear of injuries.

"He had a horrendous year last year but if he can get through a season he'll contribute because he's a very clever player.

"But we have plenty of ammunition in Ashley Young, Nani, Antonio Valencia, Shinji Kagawa, Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck and Chicharito - and maybe Dimitar Berbatov will have to stay."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

christ almighty...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

I'd like if Berbatov stayed, but only if we used him. Perhaps we can only use him when needed or in important away fixtures and CL matches and rest the younger lads for the easier games.

He can play exceptionally well when he wants to. Love seeing him in a UTD jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

The boy cleverly is a clever player... Hah!

Actually agree with him about the tackling thing though, would suggest he won't be going for a Tiote/Fellani type!

Else Fergie is the biggest troll alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

"They will all play a part but, for me, Carrick is the key player."
    "Michael has always had slow starts to a season," said Ferguson. "He denies this. He doesn't think that's true, but I do.

:D
    You've got to hand it to Fergie.

Sportsmail understands three separate offers for Van Persie were submitted on Tuesday, with United offering in the region of £8million, Juventus £10m and City £12m
    Might not be any truth in that.

But it is difficult to see United winning this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,412 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Pj! wrote: »

Don't believe that at all tbh, if Fergie was willing to pay £16m for Young last season he's offering a whole lot more than 8m for RVP imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Liam O wrote: »
    Don't believe that at all tbh, if Fergie was willing to pay £16m for Young last season he's offering a whole lot more than 8m for RVP imo.

I don't know why you'd expect any different. So they offer 8 million, no harm, they can offer more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,230 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

There's testing the water and there's just being insulting. £8 million, for fúck sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

J. Marston wrote: »
    There's testing the water and there's just being insulting. £8 million, for fúck sake.

10 and 12 wasn't much better? :P

Oh I know but at least they had the decency to creep into double figures!

There is a fair difference between 8 and 12 in fairness. United playing catch up already (if it is true).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

If United offered 8m for VP then they did so with a troll face all the way through.

• Advertisement

Keno 92 wrote: »
    If United offered 8m for VP then they did so with a troll face all the way through.

WENGER_13_280x390_1182695a.jpg

''How about it, Arsene? £8 million for Van Persie?''

wenger_280x390_510453a.jpg

''£8 million?! Are you serious?!''

98086128.jpg.16209_display_image.jpg?1272128997

''Aye.''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Samich wrote: »
    I don't know why you'd expect any different. So they offer 8 million, no harm, they can offer more.

Exactly, United are well known for going in low with the opening bid. So long as the next offer is more like £15m and maybe willing to go to £20m I really think we could get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭conor360

Screw Baines, Fergie wont buy him anyway. We got Brady :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Blatter wrote: »
    lol, Fergie actually talks about our central midfield and acknowledges that there's a problem, but thinks (look away Pro F :p) that Carrick is the key:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-uniteds-michael-carrick-is-key-1151553

Fergie just doesn't see how poor Carrick's skill on the ball is. Comparing him to Modric and Yaya - it's just daft. My only hope is that a Fletcher replacement is bought in and then we have a chance of seeing a proper central midfielder to push Carrick out of the team. Or maybe one of the young lads will get a chance and take it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

*wakes*
    *quickly scans recent posts in soccer forum for transfer news*
    *posts questionably funny post*
    *goes back to sleep*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Manchester United are to make a final offer of £32 million for Lucas Moura after a 27 million pound bid was rejected

Source: GOAL

Pro. F wrote: »
    Fergie just doesn't see how poor Carrick's skill on the ball is.

FFS
    Pro. F wrote: »
    Alex Ferguson, the greatest football manager of our lifetime. Possibly the greatest football manager ever. Him with his incredible footballing brain and lifetime of knowledge. Him and his huge back room team of full time football analysts and experts who compile endless stats on each player for every game. They just don't see how poor Carrick's skill on the ball is.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

kryogen wrote: »
    Em, yeah, he did lose the 2006/07 title, Manchester United won it, you really would think you would be aware of your clubs recent history?

He then started the 07 season badly, losing to Villa, drawing with Blackburn, being held 1-1 by Rosenborg. Then got the bullet

How long are you a Chelsea fan again? ;)

Sarge is a united fan surely? Underneath it all we know it's true.

FFS.

I love your innocence. But stupid post is stupid.

Good luck!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I love how some people think they see something in a player that the greatest manager in the history of the game, who deals with that player day in and day out, doesn't see. That amuses me, I find that funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Well at least Fergie had finally admitted what we all knew-his tactics and team selections cost us in europe last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Hopefully we see more of Kagawa today than the last night, Will they be wearing the new Away shirt today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Fergie wrote:
    as well as Steven Gerrard, depending on where you play him, but I'm not sure he's actually a central midfield player.

At least someone recognises this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Hopefully we see more of Kagawa today than the last night, Will they be wearing the new Away shirt today?

Mutv say Kagawa will start today hope to see the white jersey on its lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭VW 1

G.K. wrote: »
    Fergie wrote:
    as well as Steven Gerrard, depending on where you play him, but I'm not sure he's actually a central midfield player.

At least someone recognises this...

In fairness to Gerard he was arguably the man of the tournament for England at the Euros playing a deeper role in a 2 man midfield, he was hard working an disciplined in a way we don't usually see from him. I think he proved that he has matured to a stage where he can be trusted in this role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

What time does the game kick-off today? I know Skysports is free this weekend, is Mutv offering freeview for the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Vanbis wrote: »
    What time does the game kick-off today? I know Skysports is free this weekend, is Mutv offering freeview for the game?

Sky Sports 1, 2, 3 & 4 are all thats free this weekend, MUTV isn't unfortunately. No harm getting it for the month and cancelling again, sure tis only 8 euros extra!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

madcabbage wrote: »
    Sky Sports 1, 2, 3 & 4 are all thats free this weekend, MUTV isn't unfortunately. No harm getting it for the month and cancelling again, sure tis only 8 euros extra!

Ok thanks. I didn't think it was but thought i'd check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Welbeck talks have stalled according to todays examiner.he wants 60k a week with the club offering 40k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Welbeck talks have stalled according to todays examiner.he wants 60k a week with the club offering 40k.

If the reports are true that Hernandez had his pay bumped to 60k a week after his first season Welbeck certainly should be looking for parity with that. The club will probably be low balling him with the knowledge that he is a Manchester lad and clearly loves the club and wants to stay.

Push comes to shove he will get the 60k however unless he decides to accept 50-55 or whatever. He was the first choice partner for Rooney all season last year, first choice for England also. Fergie has a lot of time for him. Not too worried about this one at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

FutureGuy wrote: »
    *wakes*
    *quickly scans recent posts in soccer forum for transfer news*
    *posts questionably funny post*
    *goes back to sleep*

Thats soo meta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Vanbis wrote: »

2.00, get to watch a hour or so before work, hopefully theres some glorious Shinji.

Less than an hour.:)

I wonder if Powell will get on, Fergie says he's "behind" but it's not clear why.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Showing all of Beckhams goals now on MUTV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

#Mufc XI v ACT: Amos/Vermijl, Wootton, Ferdinand, Blackett/Valencia, Scholes, Carrick, Anderson/Kagawa, Chicharito. Live on #MUTV. #MUTour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Shinji Shinji Shinji, Shinji Shinji Shinji!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Looking forward to seeing Kagawa playing.

Amos
    Vermijl Wootton Rio Blackett
    Carrick Scholes
    Valencia Kagawa Anderson
    Hernandez

I thought Amos went on loan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Amos
    Vermijl Wootton Rio Blackett
    Carrick Scholes
    Valencia Kagawa Anderson
    Hernandez

I thought Amos went on loan?

Is on tour with us though. He did a week camp in Portugal with the Hull boys first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Could be seeing Kag on the left so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

kryogen wrote: »
    Could be seeing Kag on the left so

A few people are saying that it's a 4-4-1-1 formation with Kagawa playing behind Hernandez. That'd mean Ando on the left. Not fully sure. We'll have to wait and see how it pans out.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement