Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH ban

Options
  • 15-06-2012 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was banned from after hours by Super-Rush for flirting.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=9362440
    This post appeared in the ''You know you're a skanger if' thread. Previously in the 'Have you ever made love to a married woman/man' thread Smash had posted 'does anal count'.

In the skanger thread he posted that we should start a 'Have you ever made love to a skanger' thread. My post about anal was merely a tongue in cheek reference to this. It was not flirting.

I, along with several other poster had been warned about flirting and posts removed in the married thread. These posts were humorous as opposed to flirting - or so we thought.

I had also had a post removed where I had made reference to the username 'Hardonraging'. I would like to point out that another poster had previously made reference to this and this was allowed. Again, this was not flirting, merely humour. I think my use of the winky eye smiley assumes flirting. It is more a reference to my eye squint;).

I tried to post this before and including links to the offending posts but the message always timed out and did not send when I logged back in.
    If required I can send same in a separate message. Apologies for the long-winded nature of this post.

While I appreciate that I may have inadvertently annoyed several mods previously, I assure you that this was not my intention.
    I would like my ban reviewed please.

I hope you all enjoy what is probably the first serious post you will have seen me submit:D.

PS Thanks to KeithM89 and Super-Rush for the prompt replies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I was aware that this was coming and I have reviewed the posts in question already, along with the record of warnings on-thread. I also note that you have received a ban and infractions already for this very thing. Keith's note at the time of issuing the first ban (2 days) was crystal clear in its reasoning. Having served your time for that ban and receiving a subsequent infraction, you've received a 1 week ban.

Surely you must ask the question that if you're posting in a particular style and it's causing you to get infractions/bans then there's something wrong with the style.

I read through a lot of your deleted posts and I believe that squinty eye or not, your posts are indeed flirting and along with those of other posters are derailing threads. You may see them as humour and a bit of harmless fun between a few posters, however for the Mods they're a nightmare. The mods' role is to facilitate discussion/debate and to ensure smooth flow of the threads. While a bit of banter can be tolerated on-thread, there is a clear pattern of thread disruption from your recent posting history. You can post to your heart's content via PM if you want to have a bit of banter about a username and indicate that you have a "squint". I see no reason why everyone else should have to read through your banter with a few others.

Because you have a history of bans and warnings and have ignored general mod-warnings, I feel there is no option but to uphold the ban. Hopefully, when the ban is lifted in a couple of days, you can start to be a little more constructive and keep the flirty stuff to PM.

If you require further review then please feel free to request admin intervention, however, if you accept my findings, please post here so that the dispute can be marked resolved.

Regards,

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Thanks for the quick reply, mikedragon32. I am not disputing previous infractions and the ban from Keith.
    I have acknowledged that previous postings were flirty in nature, this was intended as banter with fellow boardsies and we did heed mod warnings for that.

My issue however, is that the post I was banned for was not flirting. Please bear with me while I explain my case:
    In the ‘made love to a married woman/man’ thread, smash posted the following:
    ‘Does anal count as making love?’

The post for which I was banned in the ‘you know you’re a skanger if’ thread related to this. Smash had posted in that thread that ‘we should start a have you ever made love to a skanger thread’. I responded by asking him ‘if he wanted to get something off his chest’ (a clear joke) and ‘does anal count’ – clear reference to the other thread. This was not flirting and the style was different to previous offending posts.

As regards to the username post, as I have previously stated another posted made reference to this and this was not an issue. I have also made references to other usernames and indeed one has also been made on mine.

I have not disputed previous infractions etc, however I do have an issue with being banned for a week for flirting in a case where I clearly was not.

Perhaps you can explain how the reply to smash was construed as flirty. Smash and I have interacted in previous threads and these were never flirty in nature.

BTW, it takes too much time to copy related posts and my log in keeps timing out. If required, I shall ask a fellow boardsie to forward these.
    Many thanks,
    S

I can live without the links to posts.

If I'm reading correctly, you don't dispute previous ban, but dispute that the post you were banned for was flirting. Have you considered that perhaps it wasn't that particular post, but a cumulation of posts that led to your ban.

Reading back through threads you've posted in, you veer off topic and engage posters in conversation rather than discussion of the actual topic. You don't view it as flirting, the Mods do, as do I. Even if it wasn't flirting, dragging threads off-topic for the purpose of having a giggle with your e-buddies isn't cool. You can use PM for this. You have been told this via warnings, on-thread warnings and a ban.

Hopefully this ban will drive the point home.

MY issue with this ban is that only one post was specified, which was not flirting. There was no mention of other posts being involved so I feel the ban is unfair.

However, it is clear that I am probably wasting both of our time disputing this:(.

Thanks for your time anyway.

Regards,

S

I will suggest to the AH Mods that they are more specific when issuing a ban if it is as a result of multiple posts and a failure to adhere to prior warnings.

Can the admins marked this resolved now?

• Advertisement

Yes.

Again, thanks for your time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement