Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying...

• 15-06-2012 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

Just wondering how long it takes everyone to study lol. I have been trying to study chemistry for hours now and it just does not go in :(!! Usually (for all other subjects) I spend 15mins per chapter

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22 Caffman

I think it's really just varies from person to person.

I tend to just break things down and make a quick plan up. Study for an hour, 15 minute break and then do the same thing again. It's just revision at this stage so I find exam papers the best way to study.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Izymunz

Caffman wrote: »
    I think it's really just varies from person to person.

I tend to just break things down and make a quick plan up. Study for an hour, 15 minute break and then do the same thing again. It's just revision at this stage so I find exam papers the best way to study.

I wish it was just revision at this stage!! I have to take a lot of topics from the start and work through them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I think I study in a very haphazard way. I kind of just study whatever I feel like studying, I might sit down for 5 hours and learn chemistry experiments one day and then another day I'll flick through equilibrium for 10 minutes or something and decide it's grand. There's no structure whatsoever to it. :L

finality wrote: »
    I think I study in a very haphazard way. I kind of just study whatever I feel like studying, I might sit down for 5 hours and learn chemistry experiments one day and then another day I'll flick through equilibrium for 10 minutes or something and decide it's grand. There's no structure whatsoever to it. :L

Are there many topics that you need to go over in detail? I am starting to get worried now as I have a lot...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Izymunz wrote: »
    Are there many topics that you need to go over in detail? I am starting to get worried now as I have a lot...

Yeah, half the course. :L There's loads of time left though. I also have to study for physics this weekend.

• Advertisement

finality wrote: »
    Yeah, half the course. :L There's loads of time left though. I also have to study for physics this weekend.
    Yay, so it is not just me :) I have the entire minus the organic to do. Thank you so much I was really starting to panic!! P.s I know you will be brilliant in both.
    Good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

Izymunz wrote: »

if you have exam papers for the subjects you're doing you should try answering the questions into the papers themselves! :) it saves time. :P and just add in a few extra points here and there from your books/notes as you go along as they might help in the real thing! :)
    i think that helps me to remember things anyways.. (:
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Pepperr

Well since Wednesday after French, I will have had 6 days before my Chemistry exam, and another 3 until my Applied Maths. So far I've spent around 8 hours a day on one applied maths topic, with Sunday/Monday/Tue morning going to be dedicated to chemistry before back to the rest of the applied maths!

Sad thing is I am making hardly any progress in getting answers right, and I've gone through 20 years of exam papers -.-

Pepperr wrote: »
    Well since Wednesday after French, I will have had 6 days before my Chemistry exam, and another 3 until my Applied Maths. So far I've spent around 8 hours a day on one applied maths topic, with Sunday/Monday/Tue morning going to be dedicated to chemistry before back to the rest of the applied maths!

Sad thing is I am making hardly any progress in getting answers right, and I've gone through 20 years of exam papers -.-
    With applied maths?

Advertisement