Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap ass 3ds games!

• 16-06-2012 12:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭
    Master of the Universe

Okay, I know this isn't Retro at all, but I thought you guys needed to see it before it's gone.

If you order a Mario statue from Gamestop, you can get one of a selection of 3DS games for half price. I just got Mario Tennis and the statue for 22 delivered. Amazing!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056671884

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Super Mario 3D Land & Statue, sure why not like :) Damned good price

Statue & Wii games now no longer listed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I wonder did someone just make a boob with pricing? Must have gotten some shock with all the orders from boards. Hopefully they honour them all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Oh, it's definitely a mistake: even cheap old Amazon never sell the newer first party titles for any less than 30 or so.

I wouldn't be 100% optimistic they'd honour it, but hey no harm in taking a chance!

o1s1n wrote: »
    I wonder did someone just make a boob with pricing? Must have gotten some shock with all the orders from boards. Hopefully they honour them all.

It lasted very long though for it to be a mistake, surely the influx of orders would have raised a flag...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

its no mistake i dont think, sure i even got an email about it, promoting it, from gamestop.ie this morning.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Picked up Mario Tennis and the Statuette, 22 blips, lovely Ninty Club points!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Anyone that hasn't availed of this offer should hand in their retro/arcade forum card and forthwith be refused entry to these pages.
    Btw I assume my card got lost in the post?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

We'll just ban your ass anyways, and be on the look out for a similar posting new member....

I'm too vanilla to recognise baby!

• Advertisement

I've decided to get some 3ds/ds games over the coming months. What are some good ds/3ds games. So far I only have:

Marioland 3D
    Mario Kart 7
    Kirby Mouse Hunt
    Castlevania Portrait of Ruin
    Zelda Phantom Hourglass

Any recommendations?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Step 1: Get Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan.

Step 2: Ensure you have completed step 1.

Step 3: Get Phoenix Wright, Taiko no Tatsujin!, Infinite Space, Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, Radiant Historia (which I still need to get :(), Bangai-O Spirits, Dragon Quest (IV, V, VI, X - whatever!),The World Ends With You etc...

Step 4: Look at ghostchant's collection and recognise that you will never surpass it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

Get My World My Way. Fantastic little RPG on the DS. The main character can alter stats in the games world by pouting.

just got an email saying im being refunded this due to "stock issues"

Master of the Universe

My order from the OP was canceled! bastards!!!!

keithgeo wrote: »

Ah balls :( when did you order?

First feckin day it went up!

Master of the Universe

If anyone ordered from this thread here it'll probably be canceled to :( I ordered before posting it.

Yep got the email there too, bunch of idiots. I replied telling them as much. Ah well, as much to be expected from Gamestop I suppose :rolleyes:

Here's a free shipping discount code, valid until July 31st. I certainly won't be ordering from them, so someone may get the value of it:

Code: GSIEFreeShipping18/6

• Advertisement

Yup got cancelled on me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Relikk

Cancelled as well. Twats. :(

keithgeo wrote: »

Ah no!

Just got hit too. May update my 3DS collection from 2 back to 1.

Not surprised. Would have been financial seppuku if they had to honour all those orders :pac:

Gamestop really, really need to hire better quality control. There was a similar incident a few months ago when a load of people bought dirt cheap games off the website, but only a handful received them and the rest had to put up with godawful customer service and vague answers.

A mis-price here and there you can forgive, taking into account the sheer size of some of these websites. But gamestop's site (just like the physical stores :pac:) is swiftly getting an awful reputation by presenting 'too good to be true!' deals that are actually too good to be true.

My order from the OP was canceled! bastards!!!!

Same as me.
    I chanced my arm and told them that the purchase represents a contract and if there was some shortage of the Mario figures to fire on sending the easily in stock game and forward the mario figure whenever it comes back into stock.

Well, might work!
    Don't think they have the right to cancel after payment is accepted, if part of the order is unavailable they should contact you.
    Sounds like they made an error and are now trying to dig themselves out.

Master of the Universe

I was thinking that too.

If a company catch a mispricing before the payment going through then they don't have to honour it - an advertised price is just an invitation to buy, they're not obliged to sell it to you.

However if a payment goes through, that is a form of contract.

I just checked and the Paypal payment went through, they had to issue a refund.

I'm sure there's some way of them legally weaseling out of it, worth a shot though!

I said the same thing early today. If the statue is out of stock, fine, send on the game and the statue later.
    It's all a joke, a ****ing joke.

Pretty much all merchants force you to pay instantly with paypal - try to pre-order anything, for example, and you'll pay on order, as opposed to on shipping date with credit card. Must just be the way the paypal works. It's the same with any crowdfunding stuff: they'll refund you if the target isn't reached.

Not sure what legal basis there is for that. Could be a fun argument in the small claims court :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Have been down that road before. They're covered legally so it's really not worth pursuing.

Good thing too... as my wallet was stolen last week and I'm still awaiting my replacement credit card.

• Advertisement

Anyone get a response from Gamestop?

Can I paste my reply?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

I got a response from Gamestop today after I emailed them telling them we had a contract and that I would be expecting them to fill the order posthaste.

the response was as I expected that as per the Ts&Cs they reserve the right to cancel any order for stock reasons which is fair enough legally speaking and that also as per the Ts&Cs no contract is formed until dispatch of the order which is a total nonsense.

Not much point going anywhere after that, I would have been very surprised if they hadn't protected themselves legally like that, it was decent of the customer support to get back to me personally as they did but I can't imagine I will be placing any further orders with them.

I was talking back and forth with them over a few emails about it. the usual saying it was bad form, not the first time it has happened and that ill never buy off them again. they offered me a "freebie" that i refused.. ill never buy another thing off gamestop to be honest.

I am very sorry about this, I can appreciate your frustration as I would be the same myself. Unfortunately this was a systems error, this bundle should not shown as available. This will be refunded back onto your original payment method. If there is anything I can do to help further resolve this, please let me know.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I am very sorry about this, I can appreciate your frustration as I would be the same myself. Unfortunately this was a systems error, this bundle should not shown as available. This will be refunded back onto your original payment method. If there is anything I can do to help further resolve this, please let me know.

So it wasn't a stock issue, they made a mistake listing the deal & chose to remove the offer & all existing orders, rather than simply running out of stock?

• Advertisement

In the first email it was a stick issue which quickly. Hanged to a system error when I questioned the idea of having no Mario Lart 7 in stock.

I'm getting a freebie....
    I'd like it to be Mario Tennis for the 3ds!

Master of the Universe

Freebees?!? Excellent! Just sent a complaint email there myself.

- I just mentioned the freebie and got a response. She was asking who the game was for and what consoles they own. Happy enough with that I guess.

how are ye getting freebies?

Master of the Universe

I replied to their cancelation email saying that I was let down, moving my business on etc.

They replied back with a stock email, asking who the item was for (was it a gift or for me)

I told them it was a gift - they asked for who and what consoles do they have - then said they would send out a freebie for that person.

Fingers crossed for a 3DS game!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

I replied to their cancelation email saying that I was let down, moving my business on etc.

They replied back with a stock email, asking who the item was for (was it a gift or for me)

I told them it was a gift - they asked for who and what consoles do they have - then said they would send out a freebie for that person.

Fingers crossed for a 3DS game!

tenner says its either My Ponyz or a used copy of elite beat agents:D

I made the mistake of mentioning my 360.... that means a copy of Chromehounds for sure!

Master of the Universe

Free stuff arrived. Was told some of the details over the phone, havent seen it myself. Mario and Sonic at the olympics tee, some Mario stickers (possibly 3DS stickers I think), some Power Ranger stuff too.

Just going to give it to the girlfriend to use as prizes or something with her class. No use to me! (well maybe the Mario stickers :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

Free stuff arrived. Was told some of the details over the phone, havent seen it myself. Mario and Sonic at the olympics tee, some Mario stickers (possibly 3DS stickers I think), some Power Ranger stuff too.

Just going to give it to the girlfriend to use as prizes or something with her class. No use to me! (well maybe the Mario stickers :pac:)
    So no games?:(

Master of the Universe

Nope! Just tat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Hi,

Anyone had their payment for this offer refunded to their credit card yet? Cancellation E-Mail arrived Monday afternoon saying at a refund would be issued. It's Friday afternoon now and no sign of refund. No answer to my E-Mail either:mad:

DC

Master of the Universe

Paid by paypal myself and received a refund on the 20th.

I haven't got mine yet either.

Paypal says my cards been refunded, but I can't check thanks to ulsterbank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

megaten wrote: »
    Paypal says my cards been refunded, but I can't check thanks to ulsterbank.

Ulster Bank iPhone app is working, not sure if they have an Android version or not.

• Advertisement
Advertisement