Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mascara Help!!

• 16-06-2012 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Has anyone came across a good mascara or one they would recommend?

So many to choose from, I've yet to find one that is any good :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Coriander

I'd pretty much given up on mascara - particularly hated the panda effect - until I read a review of Estee Lauder Zero Smudge Doublewear. I love it! Goes on easy, stays put rain or shine and comes off with Simple eye makeup remover. I think it's worth the extra cost for all those reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AoifeBee

Coriander wrote: »
    I'd pretty much given up on mascara - particularly hated the panda effect - until I read a review of Estee Lauder Zero Smudge Doublewear. I love it! Goes on easy, stays put rain or shine and comes off with Simple eye makeup remover. I think it's worth the extra cost for all those reasons.

Thanks :) I have wasted so much money on mascara its unreal! Even thought its a little bit extra, its obviously worth it! Cheers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭cocokay

ysl false cils
    estee lauder double wear
    scandal queen fairy drops (think u can only get this in sephora tho!)

my fave 3. love the ysl one but its expensive so try & get it at the airport if u can. only thing is i find it dries out quicker but its the best mascara i've ever tried n i've tried loads!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Robyn_14

I used to wear YSL Faux Cils but I find it clumpy now- the best and the one I always go back to is Lancome Hypnose Drama- it has a curved brush for lift and it doesnt dry out as quick as the others.
    That said I got eyelash exensions done last wkd and I'm in heaven- they look great and no need for mascara!

@cocokay & @Robyn_14 - Thats great help thanks! I'm actually in the airport next week, so I'll take a look at (YSL and Lancome Hypnose Drama) while im there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Robyn_14

AoifeBee wrote: »
    @cocokay & @Robyn_14 - Thats great help thanks! I'm actually in the airport next week, so I'll take a look at (YSL and Lancome Hypnose Drama) while im there :)
    Good stuff-the hypnose is 21 in the airport as far as I know-but 30 in normal shops!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I like Loreal mascaras. I use Lash Architect 4D which I find great. A bit cheaper than some of the others too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

miss sporty lash curling mascara

or loreal panoramic curl mascara

or max factor - any of their masacaras,ysl faux cils is good too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Max Factor False Lash Effect is good

I'm using Catrice The Giant at the moment which gives a great effect but you can't use it on the lower lashes or it migrates onto your face:(

Benefit They're Real is meant to be very good but a bit of a pain to remove and I've also heard great things about Essence I love Extreme Volume Mascara!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

I usually use Lancome Hypnose Drama & love it but when im looking for a bargain its maybelline colossal..love it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I use Benefit They're Real or Dior Show Extase, love them both!

Thanks everyone, the suggestions are brilliant :) loads to try out, I should find one that I like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I second the Lancome Hypnose Drama, love it :D

I got it for around €22 in McCabes a few weeks ago too, just FYI!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭_LilyRose_

Benefit & Rimmel Scandaleyes (orange tube) are two I love, but unless you wipe off the excess with a tissue first the effect is more mask than mascara :D

misslt wrote: »
    I second the Lancome Hypnose Drama, love it :D

I got it for around €22 in McCabes a few weeks ago too, just FYI!

Cheers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭MissMoppet

This stuff is actually amazing! Takes forever to get off though. :/

http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/product/view/theyre-real

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I swear by Max Factor False Lash Effect! I wear it every day, just a coat or two during the week but loads when I'm going on nights out. Plenty of people have commented on my "fake" eyelashes when I'm wearing it (I've naturally long eyelashes anyway but the mascara makes them really curled and volumised). Only downside is that it needs replacing every 6/8 weeks or so but definitely worth it IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭alainnbeauty

clinique high impact is the best one iv used , i also love the colossal volume one from maybelline.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ivenus

I find Lancôme 's Precious Cells mascara is brilliant though I don't think you can go wrong with any of their mascaras. The precious cells mascara was €26.45 in Arnotts a few weeks ago. About a euro pricier than the hypnose mascara.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Hypnose has been my favourite for years. Every so often I get different ones as presents, etc. but always come back to it. The YSL one is good but damn me, it dries out fast and for that price, not worth it IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Benefit Theyre Real - Ive never looked back since I found this mascara, it is THE best mascara Ive ever tried.

Comes off fine with Simple eye make up remover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

for day:

soap and glory thick and fast
    Nyx Doll eyes
    Loreal Grow Luscious
    Borjois Volume curling (black one with pink top)

For Night

One of the above with Givenchy Phenomen eyes on top (my favourite mascara in the world :) )

oh and ones to avoid - well based on the free body shop mascara I got in a magazine last week - that one - it ended up all under my eyes yuck

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Lavidabonita

I love Benefit's Bad Gal Mascara buteven better is Benefit's 'They're Real'. It's soo good, definitely worth the €22

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I really like 17 Peep Show mascara - I'm not overly gone on big lashes, so this is perfect for me for everyday wear. It lengthens the lashes and gives them a nice curl. I also like Max Factor False Lash Effect too for a more dramatic look :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Another vote for Maybelline Colossal Volume, I've tried hundreds of mascaras and I can't find one to match up to this. (Having said that, I'm actually using W7 Big Lash at the minute because I saw it for next to nothing in Cara and thought I'd give it a try. Liking it but it takes a tonne of coats to build up enough coverage)

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

Benefit They're real is very good but expensive and hard to get off, Max Factor false lash effect is very good too and easy to remove and is around 15 euro!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I'm a huge fan of 17's Va Va Voom mascara atm, love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

Always raving about it, but Boots No.7 Exceptional mascara lives up to its name.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 nowhere94

Lancome Hypnose drama! And for something a bit cheaper- maybeline Falsies (NOT the waterproof one) about 10-12 euro
    BEST. MASCARAS. EVER. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

_LilyRose_ wrote: »
    Benefit & Rimmel Scandaleyes (orange tube) are two I love, but unless you wipe off the excess with a tissue first the effect is more mask than mascara :D

I second Scandaleyes! :P
    Some people find it a bit clumpy, but I love it!
    Makes your lashes so thick and full and dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Infallable

I've tried lancome hypnose, a few different clinque mascaras, benefit mascara and the usual cheap rimmel and maybellline and I keep coming back to maybelline volume express , only 9.99 in boots :)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Dublin21

Ive been using Maxfactor Masterpiece Max for years (And masterpiece for years before this) and swear by it.
    People have also commented on my 'false eyelashes' whilst wearing it!
    I do agree it needs replacing once every two months but at 14e its not that much to part with for something i wear everyday!

I've tried a few others when i was stuck and nothing came close!

Advertisement