Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next step

Options
  • 16-06-2012 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Ok, I've won my training wings with a Graupner Trainer 65, I have an Xtra 300 but I fear it somewhat, and it has never flown (yet). I am considering an electric plane for the first time, and I'd like to get something that sits between the docile Trainer and the energetic Xtra. I was looking at something like the SE5A because I love biplanes and it has a relatively large wingspan (which I also like) for an electric plane. Since I have all the gear I'd like a BnF, does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

I'd recommend the Parkzone T28 Trojan as your next plane. She is relatively forgiving in her flight manners but she is very agile and a great flyer. I bought her after my Radian and Supercub. I'm still flying her two years later as she is a great all rounder.

£109 will get you a plug and play version. Try rcpitstop.co.uk. Great service from him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭r011ingthunder

Thanks Dave, I was hoping more for a biplane, something along these lines: S.E.5a, what would you think of that? It's also BnF, which as I know virtually nothing about electric models (always had glow), I reckoned BnF was the way to go.
    I suppose I should add a little more of what I'd like:
    I'd like a plane with great lift (slow take off and landing speeds) so I can use it both at home and out at the field.
    I would like something that is comfortable both puttering around the sky, and doing the odd loop or barrel roll etc too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

If its a biplane you're after, the Se5a has received good reviews. Parkzone has also just released the Albatross which is also a WW1 era German biplane if you'd prefer not to fly British:D

For slow landings, any plane with flaps would suit you. Parkzones P47 Thunderbolt can be modified to have flaps which slow the landing speed down to a crawl. The SE5a doesn't have flaps though. I fitted flaps to my Trojan to slow her landings down as she does come in quite fast.

Btw, a plug and fly plane just needs a receiver fitted to fly. You can get cheap but dependable rxs from Hobbyking for a few euro, a fraction of a branded Spektrum rx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭r011ingthunder

I suppose that one drawback of a biplane is the extra repairs required after a crash. :D

Advertisement