Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back Entrance To Race Course...

Options
  • 16-06-2012 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Okay folks, I'm in horrendous shape fitness wise and intend to start doing the couch to 5k jogging program. I heard that there is a back entrance to the race course where you can go in through or under a gate and jog on a tarmac track there? I think you turn left at the briarhill lights and it's up that side somewhere (coming from Tom Hogans). If someone could give me step by step directions after that I'd be extremely gratefull. I wouldn't know that side at all.
    Cheers...The Belcher.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

4708341_124621135_7289666.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Okay folks, I'm in horrendous shape fitness wise and intend to start doing the couch to 5k jogging program. I heard that there is a back entrance to the race course where you can go in through or under a gate and jog on a tarmac track there? I think you turn left at the briarhill lights and it's up that side somewhere (coming from Tom Hogans). If someone could give me step by step directions after that I'd be extremely gratefull. I wouldn't know that side at all.
    Cheers...The Belcher.
    Go through the new junction at Dunnes Briarhill, then left on the Monivea Road/lights, first left then about 300yards down the road and just follow the road until you come to the back of the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭The Belcher

Thanks folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

I used to live in Ballybrit and often saw joggers jogging up around there from my windows. I could see the heads bobbing up and down near / over by the Race-course, it was kinda funny watching them! I think there is/was a Resident's Association in 1/more of the Housing Estates in Ballybrit. I'm sure there'd be able to tell you ways to access the tracks for joggers around there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The hill is a killer!

You can't see how steep it is from watching the racing on TV

Good luck OP

• Advertisement
Advertisement