Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internet cons

• 16-06-2012 1:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭

Was browsing adverts.ie and came across a certain ad in the 'Services' Section. It was "Get 100 Customers In 100 Day" and linked back to its website. As far as I am aware if I link to the adverts.ie advert. Mods will take it down (fair enough :) ) But here is the actual link the advert provides: http://get100newclientsin100days.com/

My question is this .... do people actually get conned into this? :pac: Love the way he says "wont go into technical details" lol and doesnt explain how he will achieve more customers for a business :pac:
    and since this is a thread, what is the worst con you have ever seen online? :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

DVD burner for sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

and what is the worst con you have ever seen online? :pac:

Most recently, shit that turned out to be ice cream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

This

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

I always think I'm guaranteed sex with beautiful women in the obscure locations I happen to be in. Strangely enough it never bears fruit, might be a scam.........might

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

The internet is just one big con. Ya get lured all over the place with promises of stuff that's never quite as interesting as ya think its going to be and then peppered with ads when ya get there.

We've all be fooled !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Most recently, shit that turned out to be ice cream.

You can't lick it or can you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭lostboy

Gordon wrote: »
    DVD burner for sale.
    here that lighter burned DVD's really well :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

Where To wrote: »
    This

Well, I, for one, am not clicking that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

There's one going around a few countries at the moment, when you visit some site malware downloads and locks you out of internet access and instead puts up a page which has the local countries police force saying you have committed a criminal activity under some computer act 2012 and have to pay €100 to get teh internetz back, plus has the convienient payment section on the same page...

Anyone who falls for it deserves to have their monies taken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I for one was shocked to find out that "lemonparty dot org" was not a fun website to play games and kill some time. Was conned there big time, and dont even think of looking it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Internet Explorer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Gordon wrote: »
    DVD burner for sale.

Pics and how much.?. . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

what a ****e shirt to go on the pull with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

Advertisement