Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Property Developer's wrigglings

• 16-06-2012 2:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

Delighted to see that the property developer and former IRA hunger striker Tom McFeeley now claims British citizenship as well as using a British passport - all part of an effort to be declared bankrupt in the UK.

Surely proof that the IRA were a group of people with the highest principles.......

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0615/tom-mcfeely-has-british-bankruptcy-overturned.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Delancey wrote: »
    Delighted to see that the property developer and former IRA hunger striker Tom McFeeley now claims British citizenship as well as using a British passport - all part of an effort to be declared bankrupt in the UK.

Surely proof that the IRA were a group of people with the highest principles.......

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0615/tom-mcfeely-has-british-bankruptcy-overturned.html

so you use the actions of one person to have a go at a huge group of people :rolleyes: you have great principles too i see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Extinction

"I maintain this is a breach of my human rights and that it is objectionable to expose me as a British citizen to the punitive bankruptcy laws of another country."
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

Extinction wrote: »
    "I maintain this is a breach of my human rights and that it is objectionable to expose me as a British citizen to the punitive bankruptcy laws of another country."
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

He should go into business selling bullsh i t, with quality stuff like this, he will make everything he owes back in a matter of weeks. You'd grow big heads of cabbage in a couple of hours, if you planted the seedlings in that stuff.

If he ever comes back to this country he should be subjected to other punitive laws and be deported back to his beloved homeland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Would be sort of strange if the UK ever wanted to extradite him for IRA activity

He'd be rightly in a bind then
    I don't know how he would respond

• Advertisement

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Would be sort of strange if the UK ever wanted to extradite him for IRA activity

He'd be rightly in a bind then
    I don't know how he would respond

He certainly wouldn't be chanting 'Brits out' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭DonQuay1

PucaMama wrote: »
    so you use the actions of one person to have a go at a huge group of people :rolleyes: you have great principles too i see

I certainly would ' ... use the actions of one person to have a go at a huge group of people....'.

The IRA are NOT a 'HUGE' group of people. Just a small bunch of murdering arze holes that bullied, robbed, intimidated, beat, wounded and murdered their own, (and bombed their oppositions women and children in the six counties) across this island all the time profiting in their pockets. Used the same illegal profits to 'finance' the purchase of a good life for themselves.
    McFeely is one of those.

A so called 'republican' that goes to 'the Auld enemy' for succour after he's found out to have broken rules and laws to rob ordinary housholders in his Republic - so he doesn't have to pay illegally and unethically acquired money?
    Yeah - right - way to stand up for your community, IRA.THEY'll go out and kneecap a local drugdealer so they can take over his patch and sell drugs - but they won't kneecap a traitor to their republic that robs and paupers their people.

He's a traitor to the 26 county (used that term specifically) Republic and should be pursued across all the planets courts if necessary.
    Though that won't happen with his - Political murdering, unethical, tarred with the same brush, keep shtuum so it'll go away and not foul us up too, he knows where the bodies are buried (sic) - friends supporting him ....

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭BIG BAD JOHN

I had to laugh when I read this is today's IRISH TIMES -

McFeely plays British card in failed UK bankruptcy defence
    MARK HENNESSY, London Editor

THE PROPERTY developer and former IRA hunger-striker Tom McFeely has said a legal challenge to his UK bankruptcy breached his rights as a British citizen.
    However, Ms Justice Sonia Proudman yesterday overturned the bankruptcy order issued last January as she questioned Mr McFeely’s right to “forum shop” to decide where best to go bankrupt. The application will be reheard.
    The challenge had been taken by Dublin woman Theresa McGuinness, who bought a house from one of his companies in 2006 which was later found to be so badly built that it needed €100,000 worth of repairs.
    Finding against Mr McFeely, the judge said he had supplied wrong information to the registrar, who had accepted his bankruptcy application when he declared that he was not involved in legal actions in any other jurisdiction.
    In a witness statement to the High Court in London, the Derry-born builder, who built the controversial Priory Hall flats in Dublin, complained that Ms McGuinness’s application was “vindictive” and designed “to place me in greater difficulties”.
    “As a British citizen I have always objected to being forced into bankruptcy in a foreign jurisdiction purely on the basis that I have a judgment liability in that state,” he said.
    Mr McFeely, who served 12 years in the Maze Prison for shooting an RUC officer in Derry, spent 53 days without food in the 1980 hunger strikes, which was eventually called off by IRA leaders. In 1974 he escaped from Portlaoise Prison.
    Urging the judge not to overturn the bankruptcy, he said: “I am not a citizen of the Republic of Ireland. My wife is an American citizen. I have five children, three of whom reside in Northern Ireland and two in Dublin.”
    The Irish bankruptcy law, he said was “punitive by nature. Until recently, it was not possible to obtain a discharge often for life. This is the reason I fought the bankruptcy proceedings in Ireland.”
    Ms McGuinness, he said, had not challenged the bankruptcy of his business partner, Larry O’Mahoney, who has separately petitioned for bankruptcy in Macclesfield in Cheshire, even though he is an Irish citizen. That failure was “evidence that her actions against me are vindictive”.
    “I maintain this is a breach of my human rights and that it is objectionable to expose me as a British citizen to the punitive bankruptcy laws of another country.”

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/front/2012/0616/1224318058023.html?cmpid=morning-digest&utm_source=morning-digest&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=digests

Of course, being from Northern Ireland, he has an entitlement to be either British or Irish or indeed both but claiming to be the former hardly sits well with his past exploits. It's certainly pragmatic!

I had to laugh when I read this is today's IRISH TIMES -

McFeely plays British card in failed UK bankruptcy defence
    MARK HENNESSY, London Editor

THE PROPERTY developer and former IRA hunger-striker Tom McFeely has said a legal challenge to his UK bankruptcy breached his rights as a British citizen.
    However, Ms Justice Sonia Proudman yesterday overturned the bankruptcy order issued last January as she questioned Mr McFeely’s right to “forum shop” to decide where best to go bankrupt. The application will be reheard.
    The challenge had been taken by Dublin woman Theresa McGuinness, who bought a house from one of his companies in 2006 which was later found to be so badly built that it needed €100,000 worth of repairs.
    Finding against Mr McFeely, the judge said he had supplied wrong information to the registrar, who had accepted his bankruptcy application when he declared that he was not involved in legal actions in any other jurisdiction.
    In a witness statement to the High Court in London, the Derry-born builder, who built the controversial Priory Hall flats in Dublin, complained that Ms McGuinness’s application was “vindictive” and designed “to place me in greater difficulties”.
    “As a British citizen I have always objected to being forced into bankruptcy in a foreign jurisdiction purely on the basis that I have a judgment liability in that state,” he said.
    Mr McFeely, who served 12 years in the Maze Prison for shooting an RUC officer in Derry, spent 53 days without food in the 1980 hunger strikes, which was eventually called off by IRA leaders. In 1974 he escaped from Portlaoise Prison.
    Urging the judge not to overturn the bankruptcy, he said: “I am not a citizen of the Republic of Ireland. My wife is an American citizen. I have five children, three of whom reside in Northern Ireland and two in Dublin.”
    The Irish bankruptcy law, he said was “punitive by nature. Until recently, it was not possible to obtain a discharge often for life. This is the reason I fought the bankruptcy proceedings in Ireland.”
    Ms McGuinness, he said, had not challenged the bankruptcy of his business partner, Larry O’Mahoney, who has separately petitioned for bankruptcy in Macclesfield in Cheshire, even though he is an Irish citizen. That failure was “evidence that her actions against me are vindictive”.
    “I maintain this is a breach of my human rights and that it is objectionable to expose me as a British citizen to the punitive bankruptcy laws of another country.”

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/front/2012/0616/1224318058023.html?cmpid=morning-digest&utm_source=morning-digest&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=digests

Of course, being from Northern Ireland, he has an entitlement to be either British or Irish or indeed both but claiming to be the former hardly sits well with his past exploits. It's certainly pragmatic!

Already done see here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056672490

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

DonQuay, you are almost the equal of Kevin Myarse and Own Arse and various other irish-loathing lickers of British arse in the way you take the actions of one person and tar all Republicans with it. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

In fact, you really have a serious bee in your bonnet and I'd recommend reading a bit of the history of 20th-century Ireland and maybe you'd understand that it wasn't just something in the water that led to the conflict in the Six Counties. Stand for election against a Sinn Fein candidate next time round and see how many votes you get, especially if you go to the hustings with rants like the one above. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

As I think I mentioned in relation to that satorial icon,Mike Wallace, this is another fellow with a neck like Lester Piggott's behind.

Thanks, DQ. Maybe a friendly moderator will freeze this one.

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    DonQuay, you are almost the equal of Kevin Myarse and Own Arse and various other irish-loathing lickers of British arse in the way you take the actions of one person and tar all Republicans with it. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

In fact, you really have a serious bee in your bonnet and I'd recommend reading a bit of the history of 20th-century Ireland and maybe you'd understand that it wasn't just something in the water that led to the conflict in the Six Counties. Stand for election against a Sinn Fein candidate next time round and see how many votes you get, especially if you go to the hustings with rants like the one above. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

B** oxxxx.

He fought murdered to fill his own pockets and now he paupers our people to keep his pockets filled.
    He run's off to his 'enemies' country to save his ill-gotten gains and his mates in 'power' haven't the balls (cowards) to condemn him (only every other developer)!

Get your head out of Sinn Feins dark brown recess and think for yourself.

As for 20th century history ... I lived through most of it and in Derry for some - so to me it's not history, it's life.

You can blow again and further on about the injustice of me pointing out the obvious about your murdering cowardly mates. But like all blowhards - all you do is make a point that you support people that support thieves - and you support those thieves themselves - that rob and pauperize Irish citizens.

Don't be sitting on the fence, DQ, tell us what you really think!

Thanks, DQ. Maybe a friendly moderator will freeze this one.

Maybe they shouldn't freese? Maybe it's a different slant on the same story? There's always room for a second opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

By no means in his defence, but Shane Felan who was born and reared in the south has just filed for bankruptcy in the UK too.

Patriotism goes out the window when it comes to business matters I'm afraid..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18438032

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Hardly surprising considering Adams & Co. take the Queen's shilling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Stand for election against a Sinn Fein candidate next time round and see how many votes you get, especially if you go to the hustings with rants like the one above. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Depends where he stands for election. If its an educated area, then more then likely Sinn Fein don't have a chance since most of their policies are nonsense and educated people generally don't vote for parties that support cop killers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Stand for election against a Sinn Fein candidate next time round and see how many votes you get, especially if you go to the hustings with rants like the one above. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ah yes because Sinn Fein have ALL the answers to the countries problems. If you actually investigate some of the stuff Sinn Fein has put forward, your mind will be blown at the sheer idiocy of it

Zebra3 wrote: »

That reminds me of a staunch Northern lady of the unionist persuasion being interviewed on the telly many years ago (before decimalisation) and remarking about the "other side" that "they won't give allegiance to the crown but they will to the half-crown".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Wonder is he prepared to bow before his queen now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Yeah, when the party leader doesn't even know the VAT rate here, you know their policies must be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭upforit101

Delancey wrote: »

Nordie with psychopathic tendencies carries same psychopathic ways into Business that screws people over - if I had a euro for every time I've seen that movie....
    But you'd think being a "hunger striker" would have given him the discipline to prevent him being a fat slob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭upforit101

DonQuay1 wrote: »
    B** oxxxx.

He fought murdered to fill his own pockets and now he paupers our people to keep his pockets filled.
    He run's off to his 'enemies' country to save his ill-gotten gains and his mates in 'power' haven't the balls (cowards) to condemn him (only every other developer)!

Get your head out of Sinn Feins dark brown recess and think for yourself.

As for 20th century history ... I lived through most of it and in Derry for some - so to me it's not history, it's life.

You can blow again and further on about the injustice of me pointing out the obvious about your murdering cowardly mates. But like all blowhards - all you do is make a point that you support people that support thieves - and you support those thieves themselves - that rob and pauperize Irish citizens.

Boobus Hibernicus doesn't do critical thinking.
    Rem to believe everything RTE or Thresh Times or sheindependent says!
    Herd!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Zebra3 wrote: »

Some of their friends took about 26 million of them a few years back

Alledgedly :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,572 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

are people in Priory Hall having to pay their mortgages again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

I am sure there are plenty of families now basically homeless because of this man who wished he had not bothered to eat again back in 1981.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Merged

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Merged

Ok .... maybe I AM dumb .... but .... what?

• Advertisement

Sorry ... I get it now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

There were two threads on the same subject. I've merged the second one into the first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Could McFeeley not just get another bail out from the Northern bank?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

This McFeely guy is one treacherous unprincipled bastard. A souper by any standard. Forget the shíte housing; they were all at it to varying degrees - and facilitated by local authorities across Ireland who were hungry as fúck for the massive development fees paid to them.

However, not even the Stoopers - even the Alban Maginnis/Eddie McGrady wing in all their wig-wearing Castle Catholic sycophancy - stood up in court, proclaimed their Britishness and how Ireland was a foreign country. What a scumbag. Really, it's well past the time that decent republicans disowned this sniveling little seoinín turncoat now that he has disowned his Irishness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I don't why souper is such a vile insult in Ireland

If I was faced with a choice of taking welfare from the Quakers or starving to death well give me that soup and sign me up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Since when are the IRA representative of all Republicans?

You are just as bad as him, hyperbole to drive home your point.

Edit : Looking at his photo, he could do with another hunger strike tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,114 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

When I was a kid I used to die of embarassment outside the GPO when my auld lad used to confront the Sinn Fein/IRA campaigners that were a fixture there in the '80's - he used to pull out their clothes lapels (they were usually from British stores) and lambast them for slagging off the Brits while wearing their clothes and ask them were they on the dole(they were:D). If you hate the Govt so much, why do you take their money? he used to ask them. They feckin hated him as he made a show of them for the hypocrits they were and he did not give two hoots what they thought of him or threatened. He was embarassing but he was a tough gutsy fecker. I always thought they were a bunch of hypocrits hiding behind masks, looks like that was the right opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭daltonmd

Ghandee wrote: »
    By no means in his defence, but Shane Felan who was born and reared in the south has just filed for bankruptcy in the UK too.

Patriotism goes out the window when it comes to business matters I'm afraid..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18438032

The only things that Shane Felan (and his group) murdered were a few songs.

Advertisement