Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from USA to Ireland

Options
  • 16-06-2012 5:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

Hello
    I am in a spot of bother at the moment and I would really appreciate help from anyone with knowledge or experience of this situation.
    My girlfriend wants to move over from American to here to live with me. We have contacted the Irish Naturalisation & Immigration Service but they didn't really help. I was just wondering if it was possible for her to move over here with her child and after the 3 month holiday visa was up could she extend her stay for longer. Ideally she wants to move over for good and I have heard that its possible as long as I am financially secure and supporting her. She doesn't need to work as I have a nice job and can support all of us.
    Just wondering if anyone has gone through this already and if so how easy is it or what do I need to do for this to work.

Sorry for any mistakes in spelling or rambling on but its 5 in the morning.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

are you and the gf considered common law in the states or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭jakedixon2004

No, we would not be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Look into defacto relationship permissions. There is a thread on it here somewhere, and a huge thread on newtotown.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭jakedixon2004

Thanks for the site newtotown.ie Damo, it had loads of good info. I don't think we qualify for the defacto relationship but I am being persistent about this and contacting several gov departments for advise and solutions.

Advertisement