Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

diy closures???

• 16-06-2012 9:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭

ive past by brooks (diy and hardware store) on the ballysimon road lately and noticed the gates were closed...have they closed down does anyone know??
    also, heard a rumour that atlantic homecare are closing??
    all the diy stores have been hit badly with the recession im sure, but hopefully they aint closing...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

kevinkmb36 wrote: »
    ive past by brooks (diy and hardware store) on the ballysimon road lately and noticed the gates were closed...have they closed down does anyone know??
    also, heard a rumour that atlantic homecare are closing??
    all the diy stores have been hit badly with the recession im sure, but hopefully they aint closing...
    All in the Limerick business closing thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Nearly all these DIY places popped up during the boom years when people were buying propertly like fools. Now that nobody is buying there are too many of these places. In saying that Brooks were around along time but were never exactly cheap.

Brooks and Tubs and Tyles are part of the same group, it was announced months ago that Brooks was closing, I think they shut their doors back in April. Atlantic Homecare and Woodies DIY are under the same ownership of another group and they announced they were closing 5 branches of Atlantic Homecare nationwide, the one on Childer's Road was one of them. Kindof baffled me how they could both be owned by the same group yet end up competing against each other.

I am also a bit amazed that the UK DIY chain stores haven't down scaled their number of stores here too. The likes of Home Base, B&Q and Wicks must be feeling the pinch too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

bazz26 wrote: »

I am also a bit amazed that the UK DIY chain stores haven't down scaled their number of stores here too. The likes of Home Base, B&Q and Wicks must be feeling the pinch too.

does anyone actually shop in that place?? its like a morgue sometimes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Advertisement