Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Danish Tall Ship arriving in Dublin

Options
  • 16-06-2012 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

The Danish 'Georg Stage' arrives under sail today as a prelude to the Tall Ships in August. Any websites I can see just say it's arriving.. does anyone know what time? I want to go down to sandymount/dollymount/wherever to watch it come in. Those beautiful sails will be furled once it's docked!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

16/06/2012 12:00
    GEORG STAGE (SAIL TRAINING VESSEL)
    Sail Training Vessel
    Sir JRQ 8

She'll have the sails furled long before berthing, probably somewhere out in the bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 circuitbent

Brilliant! Do you know if that's the dock arrival time? I might go out soon so.. Even if I see her in a blossom of sail while she's still far away I'll be happy!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I'd say that is time at the berth. Bring binoculars and watch her coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

georg_stage.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Are the Tall Ships racing each other when they come in August ? If so plenty of sails will be on show then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭BowWow

Moored off Ireland's Eye today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

BowWow wrote: »
    Moored off Ireland's Eye today.
    Has it not been moored on Sir John Rogersons Quay for the last four or so days?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yep, it was there when I drove down the quays a couple of days ago.

According to this site http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/, she's still off Lambay. The crew are probably sobering up/recovering... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Mingetoad

According to my eyes and the crew I spoke to it is docked on John Rogerson's Quay;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

She spent the night moored off the west of Ireland's Eye and headed north this morning. Have a not-so-great long range pic at home which I might upload later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Tabnabs wrote: »
    According to this site http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/, she's still off Lambay. The crew are probably sobering up/recovering... :D

Still there right now.

From yesterday evening:

georg-stage.jpg

Advertisement