Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equator Beer; "0% Alcohol, 0% Calories, 0% Sugar"

Options
  • 16-06-2012 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

Equator Beer "0% Alcohol, 0% Calories, 0% sugar" is available in Tesco and Asda UK.

Does anyone know if there are plans to introduce it here?

Has anyone tried it? What did you make of it?

It's advertised as zero calories, but it's strictly not (2.9 calories per 100mls).

I think it's a clever product - excellent for those watching their weight or who can't drink for what ever reason - but want the taste of BEER.

I know there are other non-alcoholic beers on the market but AFAIK there aren't any zero carb, zero sugar ones.

Word is its flying off the shelves in the UK (Barbeque season) and tastes great too.

http://www.equatorbeer.com/

http://www.equatorbeer.com/info.php

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭emco

I think the lack of responses show how much interest there is in this. The phrase "Beer flavour drink" on the website couldn't be less tempting.

Then again if you come across some report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Blisterman

"Beer flavour drink"

Lovely...

I am slightly curious as to how bad it could be. If I see it anywhere here for cheap, I'll give it a go and report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Well it looks like a nice bottle...

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

Might be a nice mixer with potin.

I'd try it. I have a non-alcoholic beer every now and again. Can't say I love them, but I don't hate them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Brockagh wrote: »
    Might be a nice mixer with potin.
    Would you use normal beer as a mixer for poitin?

I had vodka poured in beer once, it was horrible.

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=271604654
    Ingredients

Carbonated Water,Barley Malt Extract ,Flavouring ,Lactic Acid ,Salt ,Colour E150c ,Iso Hop Extract ,Concentrate from Safflower ,Sweeteners: Sucralose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

I wasn't being serious, rubadub. It would kind of defeat the purpose of alcohol-free beer. But I have tried putting a bit of whiskey into beer. It wasn't nice at all. I don't really like high strength beers anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Life's too short for a product like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Stick it on the soft drink forum that pish isn't beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭upforit101

So nobody here has actually tasted the beer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

rubadub wrote: »
    Ingredients

Carbonated Water,Barley Malt Extract ,Flavouring ,Lactic Acid ,Salt ,Colour E150c ,Iso Hop Extract ,Concentrate from Safflower ,Sweeteners: Sucralose
    wiki wrote:
    Sucralose is approximately 600 times as sweet as sucrose (table sugar),[4] twice as sweet as saccharin, and 3 times as sweet as aspartame

sounds a bit too sweet for my tastes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I would love a decent non sickly-sweet non alcoholic alternative.

Anyone who has had 5 glasses of coke on a night out knows what I mean! Ugh, get a bleedin hangover off it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Sky King wrote: »
    I would love a decent non sickly-sweet non alcoholic alternative.

Anyone who has had 5 glasses of coke on a night out knows what I mean! Ugh, get a bleedin hangover off it!

Indeed, I was out one night and had to drive and I had several bottles of Erdinger NA. Woke at 5am with a pounding heart and a headache, weirdest hangover I've ever had.

This stuff sounds pretty awful.. the fact that they describe it as a beer flavoured drink says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 krustovski

ugh like non cafeinated coffee whats the point,can only imagine what it tastes like:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Galia

So did anyone try this yet at all?

Can it be bought anywhere in Ireland in any tescos ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

adrian522 wrote: »
    sounds a bit too sweet for my tastes
    There is probably barely a trace of it in it.
    Benny_Cake wrote: »
    the fact that they describe it as a beer flavoured drink says it all.
    Probably for legal reasons. I was reading that the 'vinegar' many chippers use cannot legally be called vinegar and is described as non brewed condiment which is often a by-product of the petrochemical industry.

krustovski wrote: »
    ugh like non cafeinated coffee whats the point,
    Many people like the taste and are not just after a buzz. I discovered a few lads I know who drink beer do not actually like the taste of it. I suppose many are the same with coffee.

In some other recent thread somebody did not see the point of diet soft drinks.

Since this does not appear to be brewed it might be able to be made far cheaper than regular NA beers, which I think usually cost more to make than regular beer, since they are brewed and then separated, but do not have duty costs on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

So has anybody found this beer on sale in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

interested to know what flavour of beer it is, if it was Budweiser :D:D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

upforit101 wrote: »
    So nobody here has actually tasted the beer.

It's not beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tashiusclay

emco wrote: »
    I think the lack of responses show how much interest there is in this. The phrase "Beer flavour drink" on the website couldn't be less tempting.

Then again if you come across some report back.

What do you expect to be honest, this is an Irish based website after all...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gav1980

Can't get this in ROI. Found Cobra zero to be nicest n/a beer available

• Advertisement
Advertisement