Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Walks

• 16-06-2012 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Where do you recommend for dog walks?

Our common places to bring her are:
    - Donadea Forest Park
    - Sandymount Strand
    - Castletown Park
    - Marlay Park dog park

She loves these places but we went to bring her to new exciting places.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Plenty of options in the hills around Dublin and Wicklow.
    Have a look here for ideas http://walkingroutes.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Be sure to check dogs are allowed before you go. We've arrived at walking areas to find "NO DOGS" signs up.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 RuggieMuffin

Whispered wrote: »
    Be sure to check dogs are allowed before you go. We've arrived at walking areas to find "NO DOGS" signs up.
    That's exactly why I'm asking for recommendations - dog friendly walks. Ideally with some off lead running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Dodder river and Bushy Park, Terenure is our main walk. We walk from the Templeogue village end of the Dodder to the side entrance of Bushy, around the small woods there (sometimes going up the hill or steps to the main part of the park but not at the moment as my pregnant ass hates steep hills) and back out onto the riverpath. You can walk on either side of the river and there are some nice 'meadows' on the opposite side of the river from Templeogue or you could walk downriver toward Churchtown and Darty. If you go in that direction just be prepared for some areas where the dog will have to be kept on a lead as the riverpath isn't unbroken and you have to cross some roads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Depending on where you're located:

Killiney Hill is a beautiful walk and dog friendly.

Cabinteely park is also a lovely walk but is a leads on park, though i think it has a puppy park.

I love Shanganagh Park in shankill early in the morning- it's got lovely fields over the dart line and access to the sea. My dogs love that walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Three rock is brilliant - its not a massively long walk but there's plenty of forest to investigate! Also Ucd campus early on sat & sun mornings (pre 9am) before anyone is around. Our labs love it there.

Advertisement