Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 - Psychic Readings Live

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

how do you know they were watching the play TV thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Might be an idea alright. They'd probably make an account or something though.
    When someone registers you can check the ip of the register

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Broadcasting Complaints.

We all should complain, I know we are getting a kick out of it, but that's some serious shit being allowed by TV3.
    Auld-Yin wrote: »
    I think I'll complain but I'll try bypassing TV3 and going direct to BAI.
    Skid wrote: »
    I agree we should compain, but the BAI won't entertain any correspondence until you have complained to TV3 first (and got a response from them)

TV3 Complaints

We should all have this link in our sigs for as long as this tripe remains on TV3.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

N64 wrote: »

Flathan told us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

lizt wrote: »
    You need to get approval for forums like that though and it wouldn't just be granted overnight.

Ah they can make an exception for us. :D
    BMollie wrote: »
    Yes they are watching this thread....they used to watch the Play TV one as well.

Any chance we're just being paranoid? =/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Ah they can make an exception for us. :D

In reality, I don't think a private forum would work for this. The public thread is fine. If anyone's going to troll, use your common sense and don't post details on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I agree with running a private thread.

Can the mods do this?

N64 wrote: »

We just did, and we aren't psychic.

They kinda stood out from the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

Im calling it a night, see you guys tomorrow

lizt wrote: »
    In reality, I don't think a private forum would work for this. The public thread is fine. If anyone's going to troll, use your common sense and don't post details on this.

Yeah that's what I kept saying. Keep it to yourselves until after the deed is done and there'll be very little they can do then. If they get too strict then less people will get through and eventually less people will ring in, so they'll have to let you in eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

A private forum for one tv show to discuss ideas on how to troll it?

Not gonna happen folks! :P

416127.jpg

A private forum for one tv show to discuss ideas on how to troll it?

Not gonna happen folks! :P

Ssssh, let the newbies have their fun :P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

myshirt wrote: »
    I agree with running a private thread.

Can the mods do this?

Not needed, all we need to go is to create a social group. I'm not sure how to make one though. I presume they can be made to be invite only? Or you apply and someone either allows or doesn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,895 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Rewatching Patrick's clip.. he says "F*ck You!" to which Flathan replies with "I wanna do it after the show, not into the show!".

Did he give you his number Patrick? :D

I'm off to bed kids... til tomorrow night!

Right well was nice talking to you all (and Psychic Wayne) today but I must call it a night. Will be back tomorrow evening. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

We just did, and we aren't psychic.

They kinda stood out from the rest of us.

Tested it on Play TV one night,,,made a comment about JG Murphy's arms...and about 2 mins later he showed them to the camera...and a few other indicators too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

With the Play TV thread, TV3's legal department sent a stinker of a letter to boards.ie HQ.
    TV3 called us vindictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

tally tonight was 18 live calls. 00.09, 00.16, 00.24 00.32, 00.42, 00.57, 1.10, 1.19, 1.33, 1.44, 1.47, 1.50, 1.52, 1.54, 1.56, 1.57, 1.58

• Registered Users Posts: 43,895 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Us? No!!!

• Advertisement

I have created a group for discussion (don't think it will be used much though). The way I see it, we could use the group to discuss if we are going to troll and the details of the troll :pac:

Everything else can stay on the thread. PM me if you want an invite to the group!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

With the Play TV thread, TV3's legal department sent a stinker of a letter to boards.ie HQ.

Did they use much alliteration in it?

Leaba time.

Until tomorrow night folks. :)

The psychic discussion group has a total of 4 members.... Woo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

Anywhere we can see this letter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

First time watching it tonight. I felt dirty looking at it, how is it on tv3? I know play tv was extortionate but this takes it to a whole new level messing with peoples emotions and charging a large fee.

It's grand when they give out the bs of you'll have a family, a husband, a successful career etc but telling someone like that clip I saw on this thread earlier that their house will burn down within two years make sure you are insured is ott and out of order.

While it's on air, which I don't think will be the case for too long, the shuffling of those cards while he waits impatiently for someone to say stop is pretty funny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

What was the problem with play?
    I assume it was just charging a fortune for ****e?

We are having fun with it but it is on another scale when you compare the two, telling someone their flat will catch fire is overstepping the mark by a country mans mile.

What was the problem with play?
    I assume it was just charging a fortune for ****e?

Good wikipedia article on it here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

That show was a joke alright.

This is far far worse though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement