Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 - Psychic Readings Live

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Stuck Cone wrote: »
    over now

I'm not familiar with Joe's show format, is there a chance he'll revisit it before the end or can I turn it off now? =P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

I'm not familiar with Joe's show format, is there a chance he'll revisit it before the end or can I turn it off now? =P

maybe if he gets a response from tv3?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Shall i ring joe duffy today?

Scabadebadidleydidleybobobahbo

Perhaps I am seeing you ringing tomorrow! Now is their a Mary in your life, I see a Mary..... Clontarf. Do you know a Mary Clontarf?

I miss Play TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭squonk

Over now I think, unless there are more callers lined up. It was just me and another lady talking to him. I'd say Ulster Bank will take up a lot of time during the rest of the show.

He might get an answer from TV3 though before the show ends... I'd say it'll be 'Well they just buy the ad time joe, what they choose to do with it isn't our problem.'.

squonk wrote: »
    Over now I think, unless there are more callers lined up. It was just me and another lady talking to him. I'd say Ulster Bank will take up a lot of time during the rest of the show.

fúckin ulster bank.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

He might get an answer from TV3 though before the show ends... I'd say it'll be 'Well they just buy the ad time joe, what they choose to do with it isn't our problem.'.

Nice few mentions of Boards there Squonk.

As Joe would say, "well done, well done..." :D

Here we go again!

Back on topic again on joe duffy

Complain to TV3 direct here:-

http://www.tv3.ie/corporate_complaint_form.php

telekon wrote: »
    Nice few mentions of Boards there Squonk.

As Joe would say, "well done, well done..." :D

That's coz you guys are the best :D. Only for boards I wouldn't have cottoned onto the best comedy show in years!

• Advertisement

We need Will Smith to ring in! =P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Will this be on tv tonight?

baldbear wrote: »

tumblr_lnpwi205161qg0xks.jpg

baldbear wrote: »

Yeah think so. A replacement of Law and Order and Cold Case.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭enigmatiq

Elmo wrote: »
    Yeah think so. A replacement of Law and Order and Cold Case.

Swapping like for like: Special Victims Unit

tumblr_lnpwi205161qg0xks.jpg

"Yes" works too.

enigmatiq wrote: »
    Swapping like for like: Special Victims Unit

They have pushed SVU back into Prime Time. Vincent Browne should really have to introduce this show. He could do it like Jeremy Paxman and the weather on Newsnight.

I wonder if there'll be a rush of trolls over the next while trying to get to the level of greatness of BMollie & FreshPrince before the show gets canned? It's days must be numbered I'd imagine at this stage.

Hopefully Joe will go look it up and come back on it. Might send him a text with a few details that he hasn't heard yet.

I wonder if there'll be a rush of trolls over the next while trying to get to the level of greatness of BMollie & FreshPrince before the show gets canned? It's days must be numbered I'd imagine at this stage.

I think TV3 may get away with this one.

Fairness: You can't win anything, and we did say you could
    Balance: The hosts only ever give vague ideas of what might or might not happen in your future.
    Economy: We owe IBRC (aka anglo) a **** load. They psychics have told us we will be able to pay it all back.

My issue is do they have that many calls that they have to present the show like Play TV will no callers during the show? Who rings these shows?

• Advertisement

They asked me to go on with Joe. I said no. I'm too shy. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭enigmatiq

Hopefully Joe will go look it up and come back on it. Might send him a text with a few details that he hasn't heard yet.

Heard bits of the discussions.

No mention of this being from the same stable as PlayTV, which Joe covered extensively in the latter stages as BAI (or whatever they were called then) rulings started to bite. No reference to last night's collection of horrors.

You should certainly inform them of those points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Why did ya ring then??:D

Trollll Joooeeeee:P

ah you should have chanced it. He's actually alright. I got nervous though. Mind you I was in work and trying to look like it was a call to UPC or my bank or something :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Right lads, some perspective.

Don't waste your breath complaining to TV3. You need to go to the BAI and go through their processes to the end. Play TV was canned when 6 complaints were upheld.

This show is likely to run for a minimum of 6 months due to the amount of time it takes the BAI to go through it's processes and needs 6 really good complaints.

So those saying complain to TV3 are simply wasting time.

enigmatiq wrote: »
    Heard bits of the discussions.

No mention of this being from the same stable as PlayTV, which Joe covered extensively in the latter stages as BAI (or whatever they were called then) rulings started to bite. No reference to last night's collection of horrors.

You should certainly inform them of those points.

They did play a clip of the disabled lady. I informed him about people waiting while the psychic is talking about quick connections. I told him that we reckon it's being broadcast from Budapest, and that it's been on since Monday..
    Dunny! wrote: »
    Why did ya ring then??:D

Trollll Joooeeeee:P

I didn't ring, I text, I thought they'd just read it on air. I had a chat about it with the lad that rang but when they asked if I wanted to go on I said not really.. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭cristoir

I had to miss last night due to a late-night work emergency but I did notice the new host from flipping it quickly on in a friends house. Was that a man or a woman?

I mentioned that it was from the same stable as PlayTV and Joe acknowledged that, mentioning that they had quite a controversy over PlayTV. The conversation centred around the clip of the lady in the wheelchair from last night.

Right lads, some perspective.

Don't waste your breath complaining to TV3. You need to go to the BAI and go through their processes to the end. Play TV was canned when 6 complaints were upheld.

This show is likely to run for a minimum of 6 months due to the amount of time it takes the BAI to go through it's processes and needs 6 really good complaints.

So those saying complain to TV3 are simply wasting time.

The BAI no longer take direct complaints. Viewers/Listeners must first go through the broadcaster, if they do not get a response or they are not happy with the response provided then, and only then, will the BAI take a complaint from a viewer/listener.

It is a completely stupid situation but this is what the BAI and the EU want (some self-regulation).

Imagine RTÉ's internal authority was disbanded to have a independent authority regulate it only to have the independent regulator be come a quasi-self-regulator. :rolleyes:

A few complained about the new system, and while a public consultation had been set up, the BAI had already decided on this form of complaints procedure.

:mad:

• Advertisement

Well we need a group of us to complain to TV3 and when they give us stupid, half-assed responses we can go to the BAI!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement