Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 - Psychic Readings Live

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Well we need a group of us to complain to TV3 and when they give us stupid, half-assed responses we can go to the BAI!
    No doubt TV3 will stall on replying thus delaying the process so the show can have a longer run.

I remember in the latter days of the Play TV campaign the then BCC had to chase TV3 for responses to complaints so they could be moved forward to the formal adjudication stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,696 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

cristoir wrote: »
    I had to miss last night due to a late-night work emergency but I did notice the new host from flipping it quickly on in a friends house. Was that a man or a woman?

Neither. It was a "Thing".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I remember that call, that they're talking about now. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Can anyone summarise what was said on Joe Duffy? I missed it :(

lizt wrote: »

It's still going!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

lizt wrote: »

You'll get it on the Realplayer, as long as the mainframe stands up to patch! <<<When you listen back to the show that joke will be funny (prob not that funny tbh!).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Elmo wrote: »
    You'll get it on the Realplayer, as long as the mainframe stands up to patch! <<<When you listen back to the show that joke will be funny (prob not that funny tbh!).

I see what you did there. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

What time will Duffys show be up on the real player? I missed it.

Flathan is back at 6pm...

Sofa King wrote: »
    What time will Duffys show be up on the real player? I missed it.

Flathan is back at 6pm...

We'll have a psychic ewent together. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Sofa King wrote: »
    Flathan is bareback at 6pm...

Fixed

• Advertisement

Dunny! wrote: »
    Fixed

*splurt*

This image and the quotes following are from my dear friend Psychic Medium Wayne Isaacs Facebook page.

282989_427300580647870_1537059060_n.jpg
    I dont want his money he can donate it to charity if I pass or fail regardless. It easy to flash the cash but me being a psychic is about helping people not people waving in cash in front of me.

Surely as a legitimate psychic he can't fail? Very noble of him, to offer the money he's not going to get to charity though. :rolleyes:
    The next time some psychic, medium, spiritualist, healer, Reiki master tells you they have some special gifts that set them apart tell them I don't think so. Tell them what they have everyone has, it is nothing special. You don't need to go to church, seven principals, be a master, a teacher. demi-God status, don't need to train for months or years, don't need to pay hundreds of pounds to be brainwashed and told I can give you the power. You don't need to be indoctrinated. You don't need a piece of paper with your name on it. Here is what you need...YOU! You have it ALL within you and a little bit of understanding will bring it out. How do I know? I have never had a day's training, no teacher, no master, read no books, been taught nothing by know nothings and I have all those abilities of sixth sense, mediumship, healing and yes, psychic abilities. It's all the same from the same source. You won't get anyone who can rubbish my claims, simply because I can back up everything I say. IT IS ALL NATURAL AND I PROVE THAT! We may all be different, experience different things but believe me we all have the essence. Nature is natural and these things are part of nature.

tl;dr - I have no way of proving my pretend powers but hopefully a compelling speech about my pretend talents will convince you otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Ah, ya got there before me.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Ah, ya got there before me.

Ninja'd. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Brilliant stuff.

Good on ya Keith.

Might go under the guise of a Wayne fan to try get some more crap outta him. :p

Joe Duffy is up on real player:

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/liveline/2012-06-22.html

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Wayne says it's not about money!!! That's a pisstake if I ever heard one!! I doubt he's doing it for free?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

Disgusting cashing in on Vunerable people like that !!!. Family laywer on Joe Duffy has a very good take on the whole thing said is was ' a terrible abuse of the media (TV3 ) preying on vunerable like that ' , couldnt agree more .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

TV€ would be better off with a Babe channel relay, far less damaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 TheFreshPrince

Just for the record folks, I will be publishing my phone bill for everyone to see asap. Hopefully this will be the final nail in the coffin for these hack snake-oil peddlers and their ilk.
    The first call i.e. the Fresh Prince prank, I was on hold for 10 minutes before getting through to Wayne. The total time was approx 15 minutes, total cost of call approx €36.
    The next night I attempted to call back, at first the call was rejected, but I tried a second time and surprisingly, my call went through. I am calling from a regular landline so my number had not changed. This time I was left on hold for a full 20 minutes with no connection to the studio before being cut off. Total call cost, approx €48.

So the total for 2 calls, one of which got through to the "psychic" Waynker for a total of 3 mins ,and the second of which was left on hold for 20 mins then dropped. Approx €84

I will publish the Bill asap. Now I know that some people will think,well you deserve it if you're gonna call a premium line where the price is clearly displayed. But I think this is missing the point. In the article in yesterdays Star, Wayne states in no uncertain terms that "No call is ever more than four minutes long". This is clearly not true, and is a blatant ruse to try to promote this garbage and encourage more callers, trolls and genuine callers alike. Its all cash to them anyway.

The Trolls are well aware it will cost them, but they call anyway to try to expose this show for the farce that it is. However, as clearly demonstrated over the last few days, especially last night when a disabled lady called and was promptly cut off, most of the calls are from genuinely lonely,sick and or depressed people, who are reaching out for help. And these leeches are gladly misleading them and relieving them of what little cash they have in these recessionary times.

I do hope that this campaign will continue and that this fiasco will be shut down promptly, and I feel that the license payers receive a full and frank apology from TV3, after this their second abuse of the airwaves.

Thanks again for all of your support and for keeping this alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

What is all this about?! Is there anywhere I can listen/see this??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

What is all this about?! Is there anywhere I can listen/see this??
    I've put up a few of the calls on you tube psychic wayne - ....

Just for the record folks, I will be publishing my phone bill for everyone to see asap. Hopefully this will be the final nail in the coffin for these hack snake-oil peddlers and their ilk.
    The first call i.e. the Fresh Prince prank, I was on hold for 10 minutes before getting through to Wayne. The total time was approx 15 minutes, total cost of call approx €36.
    The next night I attempted to call back, at first the call was rejected, but I tried a second time and surprisingly, my call went through. I am calling from a regular landline so my number had not changed. This time I was left on hold for a full 20 minutes with no connection to the studio before being cut off. Total call cost, approx €48.

So the total for 2 calls, one of which got through to the "psychic" Waynker for a total of 3 mins ,and the second of which was left on hold for 20 mins then dropped. Approx €84

I will publish the Bill asap. Now I know that some people will think,well you deserve it if you're gonna call a premium line where the price is clearly displayed. But I think this is missing the point. In the article in yesterdays Star, Wayne states in no uncertain terms that "No call is ever more than four minutes long". This is clearly not true, and is a blatant ruse to try to promote this garbage and have more callers call, trolls and genuine callers alike. Its all cash to them anyway.

The Trolls are well aware it will cost them, but they call anyway to try to expose this show for the farce that it is. However, as clearly demonstrated over the last few days, especially last night when a disabled lady called and was promptly cut off, most of the calls are from genuinely lonely,sick and or depressed people, who are reaching out for help. And these leeches are gladly misleading them and relieving them of what little cash they have in these recessionary times.

I do hope that this campaign will continue and that this fiasco will be shut down promptly, and I feel that the license payers receive a full and frank apology from TV3, after this their second abuse of the airwaves.

Thanks again for all of your support and for keeping this alive.

You may get onto Joe on Monday, you sound like you'd be able to have a great chat with him about it and really get this campaign off the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Missed last night, hopefully there'll be a few pissed callers tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭squonk

One of the researchers was talking to me about you FreshPrince. You'd be a shoe in for a chat with Joe. That's a shocking amount of moolah to have spent on those two calls. I know you were doing it to take the piss so it's fair to say that it's your own fault and you know what you were doing, though for vulnerable people this sort of thing isn't on. Being on hold for 20 minutes is just blatant robbery to be honest. Hell, for that amount you'd have taken yourself and your cosing Hilary out for a nice meal :). Have to hand it to you though for putting your money where your mouth is and taking the piss out of these leeches. TV3 have a lot to explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 TheFreshPrince

I knew it was gonna cost a few bob, as did all of the Trolls. But the point is that this kind of shill, in this day and age, is unacceptable. Im very happy that this video has helped expose these charlatans early, and I do hope that it will effectively nip this in the bud permanently.

It preys on the vulnerable, and it is disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Totaly agree the trolls know they are losing money. But vulnerable people don't know any better. Maybe we could get a troll to call put it on speaker phone and record everything on the computer to post it up inc hold music etc. Record from the moment they dial to hanging up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭cristoir

Lads this saga of a thread is becoming epic. Kudos to you Fresh Prince, no doubt you'll be having a chat to Joe on Monday and with a bit of luck when these thieving bastards get caught out you'll be fully refunded.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement