Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 - Psychic Readings Live

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

The woman sounds like a nut. Recon peter and his new girlfriend might want to look at home security. If they break up I wonder what the reason will be :confused:

Another woman gets told she will be in a fight

Ciara up next

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Might have to reconsider my decision to not go onto Joe Duffy after all. :p

Ciara calls again looking to get back with Peter (Poor Sod)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Ironic that Joe manages his callers, questions and responses just as carefully as these TV3 charlatans. Perhaps Joe just has more professional people (a la licence fee?). Lots of pregnant pauses with Joe (best if he can claim ‘you said it not me’?)... Perhaps the damage Joe does is just as bad, if not worse, due to his following... 'Follow the money', says Joe, so who's getting the money out of Liveline?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

TJJP wrote: »
    Ironic that Joe manages his callers, questions and responses just as carefully as these TV3 charlatans. Perhaps Joe just has more professional people (a la licence fee?). Lots of pregnant pauses with Joe (best if he can claim ‘you said it not me’?)... Perhaps the damage Joe does is just as bad, if not worse, due to his following... 'Follow the money', says Joe, so who's getting the money out of Liveline?

The difference is it doesn't cost 2.44 a minute to ring Joe.

This is true. But what value your self respect....

This is true. But what value your self respect....

:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Be advised that the complaints procedure has changed since the play TV days. now you have to file a complaint with the broadcaster and wait for their reply before going to the BAI.

Just an observation, I had a number of clips of Play TV on my youtube channel for the past three years. last week, before Psychic Readings Live came on, Telemedia had them removed from youtube - after three years

Anyway, Telemedia InteractTV are behind this Psychics show. just so you know. I have already submitted a complaint to TV3 as part of the procedure, no doubt I will not be satisfied with their response and will have to go to the BAI, giving them 14 days to make more money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Good to see you again Billy.

I reckon it will take a min of 6 months for the complaints to come to a conclusion.

• Advertisement

lizt wrote: »
    :confused::confused:

Don't be confused. Call Joe some time. Give your view to the researcher (you don't ever get Joe direct). Refuse to go on live, (say 'you're too shy'). Hang up. Get called back repeatedly as the researchers fall over themselves to stir up a controversy. Not that they are seeking to create ‘car crash radio’ or stir up a controversy supposedly.

The idea that any ‘Joe’ show is morally superior to the TV3 dirge this thread is about is morally repugnant to me. It’s just another form of moral superiority; the two shows are scrapings of different sides of the same barrel. Holy Joe harping about low morals in the ‘media’; no offence, but give me a break.

Today’s Liveline on this subject:

Obviously intelligent caller: ‘It’s an appalling abuse of the media to prey on the vulnerable the way they are’

Joe: ‘ok,ok’. Next story.

Anyway, Telemedia InteractTV are behind this Psychics show.

I love how when you google them, the headline for their website is:
    Live, interactive TV shows game shows to increase your revenues.

Even they're under no pretence that their products in anyway benefit the people ringing in. :p

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

It's unfortunate that the BAI request that you complain to the broadcaster first, then follow-up via BAI if necessary.
    Past experience suggests that the response from the broadcaster will be carefully worded and contain a lot of information which is not pertinent.
    At this point most people will feel that they have been overly critical and take no further action and broadcasts continue.
    But as 'Our Man' said earlier, the process can take several months.

Don't be confused. Call Joe some time. Give your view to the researcher (you don't ever get Joe direct). Refuse to go on live, (say 'you're too shy'). Hang up. Get called back repeatedly as the researchers fall over themselves to stir up a controversy. Not that they are seeking to create ‘car crash radio’ or stir up a controversy supposedly.

But that's what I told them. Are they going to keep calling me back?

Shíte. :o

Be advised that the complaints procedure has changed since the play TV days. now you have to file a complaint with the broadcaster and wait for their reply before going to the BAI.

Just an observation, I had a number of clips of Play TV on my youtube channel for the past three years. last week, before Psychic Readings Live came on, Telemedia had them removed from youtube - after three years

Anyway, Telemedia InteractTV are behind this Psychics show. just so you know. I have already submitted a complaint to TV3 as part of the procedure, no doubt I will not be satisfied with their response and will have to go to the BAI, giving them 14 days to make more money.
    I've only had one of my clips taken down. Actually I received a warning and the clip was blacked out, so I took it down. Curiously, it was the only one which had PlayTV in the title!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

First time hearing about this, will check it out tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

Good to see you again Billy.

I reckon it will take a min of 6 months for the complaints to come to a conclusion.

Yes, great to hear from you again Billy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭squonk

welcome back Billy!

Justine our Boards.ie sneaky troll

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

Evening again everyone, some odds for tonight:

1/1 Ciara calls in about her ex
    2/1 Wayne wont show up yet saying he'll be on 1am-2am
    3/1 Some poor sod of a woman is told a family member will kill her
    5/1 Hopelessly disabled elderly lady is told she will walk again
    99/1 Show wont broadcast due to negative media attention

Place your bets now!!

BANZAI!

• Advertisement

anyone interested in doing a drinking game?

If it's Flathan take a sip
    -when he says darling
    -when he says awailable
    -when he says HONest

Remember the good old days when tv3 had tits on it late at night? I miss those days.....

Bound to be good conditions for trolls tonigh. It's Friday o there's bound to be lads jarred ringing in afte the pub!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

It's Friday Night, There will be a lot of alcohol fuelled troll calls to Budapest.

They probably won't get on air though, the vetting procedures have been tightened up and only the best prepared miscreant will stay under the radar, a la Justine/Bmollie

Which means bumper revenues for the Psychic scammers tonight :(

squonk wrote: »
    Bound to be good conditions for trolls tonigh. It's Friday o there's bound to be lads jarred ringing in afte the pub!

Im going for it tonight, but im not saying here what il say, just in case Waynker is watching the forum

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭enigmatiq

Wayne's taking a break it seems, haven't heard from him in a bit. What I gathered was he either knows very little about the goings on behind the scenes, or else he does and is ashamed to admit it.

The fact that they are able to broadcast live on the internet might be their loophole out of this if TV3 decide to pull it. They likely won't get many callers and eventually scrap it altogether if that happens though, I'd hope.

As those here who recall the Play TV campaign will recognise, the only really achievable objective is to hinder and ultimately scupper the transmission of these kinds of rip-off broadcasts in Ireland. In the case of PlayTv on TV3, a combination of adverse rulings, increasing bad publicity, and ultimately plummeting call levels made continuance untenable.

The company behind these 'games' carried on regardless, having a huge network of studios and outlets in many countries. I recall near the end of PlayTV Ireland that someone posted a message on here with vids of PlayTV in about 9 or 10 different countries. Several groups in other countries exchanged messages on here and at least one, in Canada, proceeded along similar lines to remove Play TV from Canadian stations, using the approach here as a guide.

So kind of like a multi-media Arab Spring.

Stuck Cone wrote: »
    Remember the good old days when tv3 had tits on it late at night? I miss those days.....
    Do you mean the sex chat line infomercial which is now on 3E?
    ~
    A live phone-in version of that would be better than the present crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Jammy Donut

Evening gents and laaaaaadies :doffs cap:

More than likely someone new again tonight, hopefully someone sexy with cleavage :)

Evening gents and laaaaaadies :doffs cap:

More than likely someone new again tonight, hopefully someone sexy with cleavage :)

Wayne perhaps?

• Advertisement

Almost time for flathan dahlings! He'll be awailable for you soon for good readings! He iz ze best! R emember dahlings, spoofing time is dialling time!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement