Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do you think women like tall men?

• 16-06-2012 11:38am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

Do women like tall men because they can feel protected; feel petite and feminine; chances of a bigger penis; tall men can reach stuff high up etc.

What's your opinion?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Do women like tall men because they can feel protected; feel petite and feminine; chances of a bigger penis; tall men can reach stuff high up etc.

What's your opinion?

Dunno, I like short women cause I can balance my pint on their head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Because you've hit puberty now:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Why do they like tall you? Because short you has a napoleon complex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

What's your opinion?

Thought that as well until I got with a guy who was 6'6. He was just average at 6.5 but it looked so small in proportion.

So now I don't know what to believe anymore!:(

Btw, how tall are you? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Do they like little you though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

Speaking as a short lady I don't get the big deal about tall men, who cares! It's whats inside that counts and all that jazz.....
    (no double entendres please :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Because maybe that's just what some women are into. I don't like tall women. Small girls are more fun (and I don't mean kids)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

I married my husband purely for his reaching ability. He is not particularly tall but he does have an exceptionally long reach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Aw they fixed the mistake in the thread title :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I married my husband purely for his reaching ability. He is not particularly tall but he does have an exceptionally long reach.

So he can reach around?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

1ZRed wrote: »
    Thought that as well until I got with a guy who was 6'6. He was just average at 6.5 but it looked so small in proportion.

So now I don't know what to believe anymore!:(

Btw, how tall are you? :p

You measured it ????:eek:

So he can reach around?

Durty.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

1ZRed wrote: »
    Thought that as well until I got with a guy who was 6'6. He was just average at 6.5 but it looked so small in proportion. :p

6.5 is average? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Smeggy wrote: »
    Speaking as a short lady I don't get the big deal about tall men, who cares! It's whats inside that counts and all that jazz.....
    (no double entendres please :))

:rolleyes:

Could have used one of these.

He told me because he asked me what I was.

I've course I'm lying. The measuring tape comes with at all times!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I don't.
    I'm only small - 5.2 and really small build, so I look ridiculous with very tall guys!
    I remember being with one guy years ago, and the only way I could reach up to kiss him is when he was sitting down, and I sat on his lap.
    It was all too embarrassing, so we didn't last long!

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    6.5 is average? :eek:

Pretty much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

What's your opinion?

We don't prefer tall men. Some do. Some don't. Some don't give a crap about height, find other things attractive. Some take what they can get. I dated plenty of shorter men, ended up with a tall guy. Nothing against short guys. All of god's children have a place in the...yeah, okay penis size might have something to do with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Evolutionary reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Opticom

Because some short men act like Jack Russells and have small dog / short man syndrome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon_complex

So which is more important...height or penis size?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Most women don't care about penis size. Men care more.

Gnobe wrote: »

Speak for yourself.:pac:

Speak for yourself.:pac:

So would you prefer a short guy with a big todger, or a tall guy with a small todger? :pac:

I would prefer a guy who didnt call it todger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

And I'm sure there are women who think about big penii all the time just like there are lads who think about going downstairs on a girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Why don't some women seem to like me do women like tall men, you say?

It's evolution. They instinctively, subconsciously, know that tall men will be able to reach things for them on the top shelves of supermarkets when they're elderly, thus helping them survive.

I would prefer a guy who didnt call it todger.

Penis, flute, pipe, there's only so many words for the male genitalia that are allowed on boards.

• Advertisement

Why don't some women seem to like me do women like tall men, you say?

It's evolution. They instinctively, subconsciously, know that tall men will be able to reach things for them on the top shelves of supermarkets when they're elderly, thus helping them survive.

Didnt your man David Attenborough do a documentary on it once? I think it was called the trials of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

Because maybe that's just what some women are into. I don't like tall women. Small girls are more fun (and I don't mean kids)

Being 6'3" myself I love tall women. They're not exactly easy to find but.

Penis, flute, pipe, there's only so many words for the male genitalia that are allowed on boards.

Penisflutepipe would be more acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

I remember when I was in school one guy referred to "the purple-headed warrior"...

On topic: height is probably an evolutionary signal for a good genetic profile - for most of human history, being tall has meant you're healthy and physically strong, and therefore a good bet for producing offspring with.

Penisflutepipe would be more acceptable.

So you want three at the same time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I remember when I was in school one guy referred to "the purple-headed warrior"...

On topic: height is probably an evolutionary signal for a good genetic profile - for most of human history, being tall has meant you're healthy and physically strong, and therefore a good bet for producing offspring with.

Rubbish, it means you'll be the first one to get a slap in a row.

• Advertisement

What's considered tall nowadays anyway? It seems like 6ft (which I am) doesn't cut it anymore and is more or less average to most guys I know.

It seems like 6ft is the new 5'10 and 6'2 is the new 6ft.

So you want three at the same time?

I can imagine a way for that to work:p

Personally I prefer women who are around the same height as me. If I'm with a girl who is a lot shorter than me, I need to constantly bend down for a bit of the auld snogging. It can be hard on the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I am 6ft myself pushing 6ft 1 maybe 2 with what kind of shoes i have on

Not really 6ft is tall in my books out of all my friends i am about 4 inches taller then every one

I have the problem myself getting jeans 30/34 is a B.itch to get anywhere so really i can't get 34 inch leg jeans so irish man must be small all the shops have a 20 inch legs

Also my ex was 5ft and it was funny the diff in hight we had. But in the last girl i was selling for a few weeks she was 5ft 10 and i find out i don't like tail girls LoL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Opticom wrote: »
    Because some short men act like Jack Russells and have small dog / short man syndrome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon_complex

Here here. Now at 6ft I'm biased but short men act and look ridiculous!
    Also I'm sure ladies are thinking to the future because middle aged men look like walking barrels when they gain a bit of weight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I'm 5'10'' and wouldn't look twice at any man shorter than me. SHallow? Maybe...but it would look ridiculous.

Also find tall men more attractive, like the thoughts of them being stronger and more powerful. Throw me around a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Gay men must REALLY care!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

syndeyfife wrote: »
    I'm 5'10'' and wouldn't look twice at any man shorter than me. SHallow? Maybe...but it would look ridiculous.

Also find them more attractive, like the thoughts of them being stronger and more powerful. Throw me around a bit.

you're too honest for after hours!

you're supposed to say it's not height and you'd give a 5'5" man a chance if he was nice and all that bullsh1t!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I'm 5'2". I prefer bigger men, regardless of what height they are. Not elephants, but not little skinny fellas either. My Dad is my height, and my template for all things that are perfect about men, so height doesn't really matter to me I guess.

It all depends on the man though. I can easily get to know someone who looks nothing like 'my type' and find myself fancying the socks off their little weeny ass.

phill106 wrote: »
    Gay men must REALLY care!

Depends on whether you're a pitcher or a catcher really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

you're too honest for after hours!

you're supposed to say it's not height and you'd give a 5'5" man a chance if he was nice and all that bullsh1t!

Oh right, see my post above, that'll conform more with your expectations :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Here here. Now at 6ft I'm biased but short men act and look ridiculous!
    Also I'm sure ladies are thinking to the future because middle aged men look like walking barrels when they gain a bit of weight.

Did you read the Wiki article? Most of it suggests it's all myth, and not only that but based on a myth (Napoleon was taller than average).

I'm small, but as far as I'm aware, I don't overcompensate for anything. I've gone out with taller girls, but would prefer smaller girls. I guess it's a societal thing: people do sometimes look at you funny if you're with someone taller than yourself. Each to their own, though.

Also find tall men more attractive, like the thoughts of them being stronger and more powerful. Throw me around a bit.

I've noticed a lot of tall women have just as much trouble finding a partner as some of the short men. I know a very good looking woman who's close to 6 foot and finds it very difficult to find a man. If you're very tall and want a man who is taller, then you don't have as many options as a short woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I've noticed a lot of tall women have just as much trouble finding a partner as some of the short men. I know a very good looking woman who's close to 6 foot and finds it very difficult to find a man. If you're very tall and want a man who is taller, then you don't have as many options as a short woman.

I know there are a lot of men who like smaller women but I've had my fair share still come on to me. Obviously if they don't like taller women then they won't.

Everyone has their preferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Im 5'5" and love tall men. my last bf was 6'4" Im not attracted to short men, like a man to be > 5'9" at least but would prefer 6.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement