Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payday: No Mercy (Left 4 Dead collab)

Options
  • 16-06-2012 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭

"Have you ever wondered how the Left 4 Dead series began?" the YouTube description asks. "It started with a heist!"

I never played Payday: The Heist but L4D is the best MP I ever played! This sounds really interesting but it's not confirmed yet if it's a standalone prequel or DLC content for Payday. Is Payday cheap these days? Wouldn't mind checkng it out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Looks weak, also completely ruins the L4D series if Mercy hospital is bigger plot then it was made out to be in the game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Stev_o wrote: »
    Also completely ruins the L4D series if Mercy hospital is bigger plot then it was made out to be in the game.

Does it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Looks pretty good, also enhances the L4D series by making Mercy Hospital a bigger part of the plot than it was made out to be in the original game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I read that payday is on sale this week for 10 dollars but checked it there and its 16.99. Think I'd only get it for a tenner and if I could get some of the lads to get it as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Mehhhhhhh

I've played 100's of hours of L4D1/2 , this doesn't interest me in the slightest.

They'll all die to Tank anyways when they get out of the Elevator :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I read that payday is on sale this week for 10 dollars but checked it there and its 16.99. Think I'd only get it for a tenner and if I could get some of the lads to get it as well

I played the demo and really liked the general idea. If hits a tenner I would probably pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Woops, Valve say this is not a prequel!
    Now a developer at Valve, Chet Faliszek, has claimed the blurb was written "just by some over-excited marketing guys".
    "This is a 100 per cent Overkill-made mission for Payday: Heist simply set in no mercy hospital from the Left 4 Dead series," he told Kotaku.
    "It is not telling the origins of the Infection and is not canon," he added.
    "There is a little cameo from one of the L4D characters and a fun little Easter-egg with a payoff later in Left 4 Dead. Just us having some fun with a studio we are friends with and who have also made a great co-op game".

In other news, I got onto Sony Ireland on facebook and they are checking out if Payday: The Heist is going on sale in Europe, the same as it is already on sale in the US.

Advertisement