Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BR Journo Gems

Options
  • 16-06-2012 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭

I... I just had to make a thread!

The latest BR journo post:
    Q: What do bin Laden and Hiroshima have in common?
    A: Nothing, ...................yet.

Edit: I got bored OK!

Um, say Whaaaaaaaaaaat?! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

was it ment to be a joke? if so, does he know bin Laden is already dead and therefor cant have a nuke dropped on him? highly confused

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

532bbb554ba6d8b64c5120f84268827e_400x1000.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

ha who posted that? its so bad its slighty funny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

seanand wrote: »
    ha who posted that? its so bad its slighty funny

The slightly nuts Mouse did!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

eoferrall wrote: »
    The slightly nuts Mouse did!

slightly?

at this stage with all his random, poorly written articles, I'd nearly go back to the days when a journo just turned in an article once or twice a season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Quality not quantity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

daheff wrote: »
    slightly?

at this stage with all his random, poorly written articles, I'd nearly go back to the days when a journo just turned in an article once or twice a season

I agree, a lot of what he writes is complete nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

There's a tipping point where too much content just overwhelms the site and leads to even more apathy.

It's why you'd sneak out a load of bad news once a negative story leaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Fewcifur wrote: »
    There's a tipping point where too much content just overwhelms the site and leads to even more apathy.

It's why you'd sneak out a load of bad news once a negative story leaks.

Gh= negative story.????

I know its random, but it looks better to a newbie to see recent stories on log in...

crisco10 wrote: »
    Gh= negative story.????

I know its random, but it looks better to a newbie to see recent stories on log in...

What I meant is, if the Government announces it's going to need a bailout, it's the perfect time to sneak out a load of other little bad news stories, because everyone is overwhelmed with all the coverage of the bailout.

Ah sure there are plenty of interviews and such up at the moment, no need to resort to nonsense.

• Advertisement

Um...
    The time has finally come where Wex says enough is enough, he's deporting me from Canada. More The official announcement was supposed to contain some cock and bull story talking about how i knew it was time to leave when my argentinian half back asked to get "some time with trainer for kick aboot", but i couldn't carry my head high while submitting to wex's growing power in this world.

Anyway, with wonders workload getting heavier and the notion of working with mouse being appealling to me, Rahoons planned return to Galway is timed well for me to try position myself as Mouse's assistant by next season. What's that aboot 80's tv themes you ask?

here's some themes to ponder for now.

Holding out for a hero
    The fall guy Theme.
    To be continued..............

Do managers normally make a public announcement when they're changing countries? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Um...
    The time has finally come where Wex says enough is enough, he's deporting me from Canada. More The official announcement was supposed to contain some cock and bull story talking about how i knew it was time to leave when my argentinian half back asked to get "some time with trainer for kick aboot", but i couldn't carry my head high while submitting to wex's growing power in this world.

Anyway, with wonders workload getting heavier and the notion of working with mouse being appealling to me, Rahoons planned return to Galway is timed well for me to try position myself as Mouse's assistant by next season. What's that aboot 80's tv themes you ask?

here's some themes to ponder for now.

Holding out for a hero
    The fall guy Theme.
    To be continued..............

Do managers normally make a public announcement when they're changing countries? :confused:

Only in BR Ireland! Over estimated sense of self worth!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Not really, if you read any countries news it's nothing but People talking about how great they are. The most recent Canadian news is all about one guys Rugby experience.

Phonehead wrote: »
    Not really, if you read any countries news it's nothing but People talking about how great they are. The most recent Canadian news is all about one guys Rugby experience.

Urge to run for journo again.... rising...

Seems to be fairly decent coverage on the Irish site usually, nice diversity if not consistency, but then there's something like this that just makes me wonder what the hell is going on.

1. Why does Clampett have assistant journo access when he's not in the country anymore (and as far as I've seen he hasn't written any articles)

2. Why hasn't Mouse/Wonderfulworld (dunno who the journo is at this stage) not deleted the post.

Brings up issues of the journo being an editorial last-hurdle type entity, but would that damage productivity etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

2. Why hasn't Mouse/Wonderfulworld (dunno who the journo is at this stage) not deleted the post.

i thought steacym was the elected journo these days

i thought steacym was the elected journo these days

Oh ya? Oh yeah, there was another snap election wasn't there? Or was that for a manager post. Cool.

Now, maybe I'm just being a cantankerous gnome here, but I don't get why there are two Merry Christmas posts. In my opinion, this is a benign example of why they shouldn't throw out assistant journo credits willy nilly. You've got steacyM the Journo doing the official Merry Christmas, and then Clampett comes along for what, his personal one? Point the limelight on me please?
    It didn't do any harm really, but that sort of stuff is why people start tuning out to the frontpage in my opinion.

It could easily have been edited into SteacyM's post or kept in the Clampett section of the offsite :)

Now, maybe I'm just being a cantankerous gnome here, but I don't get why there are two Merry Christmas posts. In my opinion, this is a benign example of why they shouldn't throw out assistant journo credits willy nilly. You've got steacyM the Journo doing the official Merry Christmas, and then Clampett comes along for what, his personal one? Point the limelight on me please?
    It didn't do any harm really, but that sort of stuff is why people start tuning out to the frontpage in my opinion.

It could easily have been edited into SteacyM's post or kept in the Clampett section of the offsite :)

wasn't someones team names that for a period?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

eoferrall wrote: »
    wasn't someones team names that for a period?

Still is. Dont see him on boards anymore though, not on this forum anyway.

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.lobby.php?id=44938#page=summary&id=44938

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

I don't mind the journo coverage some times...

Yeah some of the articles really annoy me like the really pointless ones, but there aren't too many other managers standing up, and actually writing articles... There are currently 11 assistant Journos, but apart from Steacym and Clamps only no one else is consistently adding articles.

• Advertisement

Think I am still an assistant journo.... supposed to put writeups for the boards league! but sure since we are irregular enough on here getting tables up how can one write up there!

anyway everyone involved should be on here so its fine!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

lovely

Advertisement