Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edit: UPC offering 2 new phone packages.

• 16-06-2012 12:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭

I'm in the market for a switch over to UPC, (both phone and broadband)
    but I only saw now on their site today, that the "Anytime World" package...

(which provided free, both off peak and on peak calls to Landlines and selected international landlines)

is gone and has being replaced with a greedier package:

Uzkcn.png

You now have a choice between "Anywhere 100" and "Anywhere 200",
    which give you only 100 or 200 mins free calls to landlines, mobiles and selected international destinations.

This is disappointing as the house phone is used quite a lot here,
    and we really should have switched over sooner.

Thoughts?

Anyway of swindling them on the phone into giving you the older package? :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

EDIT:

The Freetime World and Anytime World packages remain:

http://www.upc.ie/phone/anytimeworld/#

My bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

I see Spain nor Brazil are still not listed as one of the 21 destinations.....yet Australia gets mentioned twice :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Says austria on the site now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Says austria on the site now

Well fair play to UPC's Marketing Department for their prompt response.
    We can all be critical to them at times for not taking the time to update How will I know when my area is able to receive all three services? - page god forbid a prospective customer might reference it before contacting another provider. Apparently UPC broadband is soon to be added to Bray:D

But in the space of a day or two, the Marketing Department have corrected this error. It is a pity when they were at it, they didn't realize that simply replacing the 2nd instance of Australia with Portugal would mess up their alphabetical ordering but hey C for Canada hardly came after U for USA anyway, so it was never 100% correct. As for the spelling of Liechtenstein, well it is a difficult spelling to be fair - I wouldn't fault them on that - I had to double check it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Lichtenstein and Luxembourg also don't get capital letters :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

If that's all we have to give out about UPC, I'd say that's the result of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

The Freetime World and Anytime World packages remain:

Doesn't look like you can have the anytime on the bundles as it doesn't have the option.

Advertisement