Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ladies - Would You Consider Dating a 5'8 Man??

• 16-06-2012 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Cybercubed

Right I made a statement in another thread saying that 5'8 man are too short to date so would like to poll it. I'm a 5'8 male, and I've heard rumours that the vast majority of women do not like to do someone of this height or smaller. Although only around 25%-33% of men are 6ft and above so most men are smaller than this. I've never really taken notice of this nor cared until recently reading on the internet that the majority of women would refuse to date someone around my height under almost any circumstances and I'm just curious how true this is??

Now I understand that taller men are deemed more desirable, and women above 5'8 may struggle to date a 5'8 guy, that's also understandable.

Would you date a 5'8 male?? Or is that a no no under any circumstances??

Ladies - Would You Consider Dating a 5'8 Man?? 267 votes

I would have no problem dating a 5'8 man
    0% 0 votes
    I would prefer to date taller men, but would consider to date a 5'8 man
    60% 162 votes
    I would'nt consider to date a 5'8 man under any circumstances
    25% 69 votes
    I am a guy
    13% 36 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Ah so that's why am single. Damn heightists.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

You are aware there is a 4 inch difference between 5'8 and 6 foot right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

How much is this in meters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Date 58 men? Jesus you'd want to be some slut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭daltonmd

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Date 58 men? Jesus you'd want to be some slut.

Oh is that what you thought - I took another meaning and voted yes...

Only realising now he meant height!!....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Short men! Only good for sending up chimneys. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Never mind this, post your photo and then we'll have a better idea :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Cybercubed wrote: »
    I've heard rumours that the vast majority of women do not like to do someone of this height or smaller.

Now when you say do, what exactly do you mean? Are you asking if men who are 5'8 or under not shagable?

daltonmd wrote: »
    Oh is that what you thought - I took another meaning and voted yes...

Only realising now he meant height!!....;)

You thought it meant girth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I would, but am not sure himself would approve:p
    Seriously though if i was single I'd have no problem dating a man this height, I'm barely 5ft so 5' 8" is tall to me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Fizzlesque

I would have absolutely no problem dating a man who was 5ft 8".

I'm 5ft 2", so a man who is 5ft 8" is probably a perfect height for me, though I've been with taller and I've been with smaller. I'd prefer a man to be taller than me, but that's going to be the case with most men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I'm five nine so i'm cool?

I'm 5'9 in heels.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Date one ? I married one. I'm 5"6 he's 5"8. I can't wear heels higher than 2" inches anyway - sciatica - so were all good.

Most women are under 5"8 anyway so I don't see it as much of an issue and some short guys have tall personalities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    I'm 5'9 in heels.

I'm 6'4'' in heels...I get some looks let me tell you lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

What about you OP, would it bother you if a woman were taller than you?

As it happens, I've heard from some female friends that short men are better endowed. Or maybe it just looks that way in proportion to their funny little legs:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Doesn't matter when they're lying down t'what t'what wink wink nudge nudge eh eh? ;);)

OP yes. I would and I am. In fact I've never dated a tall fella in my life. Prefer them just a bit taller or the same height as myself. I'm 5'5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Sexiest, sizeist thread is, well, sexiest and sizeist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

If he is good looking enough and doesnt have any wierd habits or is an asshole i would consider dating him..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

later12 wrote: »
    What about you OP, would it bother you if a woman were taller than you?

As it happens, I've heard from some female friends that short men are better endowed. Or maybe it just looks that way in proportion to their funny little legs:pac:

It wouldnt be a deal breaker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

I'm 5'7/5'8 and dated a 5'7 guy.

We're all the same height lying down ;)

Once he doesn't expect me to stop wearing heels, then I don't care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

I'm glad my Mum did;). My Dad's only 5ft 8in.......

My Mum is only 5ft 1in herself, so it's 'small' wonder that I'm a midget of 5ft 2in (female obv, be pretty shitty to be a 5ft 2in male lol)

Date one ? I married one. I'm 5"6 he's 5"8. I can't wear heels higher than 2" inches anyway - sciatica - so were all good.

Most women are under 5"8 anyway so I don't see it as much of an issue and some short guys have tall personalities.

That's a good point. The average height for a woman is around 5'4 depending on where you live. This site is useful:

http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/height-chart.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Oh for gods sake, I would defo date a guy who was that height. I am 5 7. I have noticed though that I am often meeting men in Ireland who are exactly same standing height as me yet miraculously claim to be 5 10. Or same height as me in heels (around 1.5 inches) claiming to be 6ft. I must be permanently standing in a hole.

Tbh though I would date a man of probably any height if he was confident, smart, cool and sexy.

If however, he was snivelling on about what women want / women have it so much better then he could look like George clooney and I wouldn't go near him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

syndeyfife wrote: »

Death by snuu-snuu!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭smartypants

I need to stop reading these threads :(
    I'm 5 7' and have had no problems dating/pulling/scoring good looking girls in the past... maybe I just got lucky!

according to this thread and others similar, I should be a weird looking, short arsed troll with an annoying personality and a chip on my shoulder to make up for my lack of gigantism and my funny little legs!!! :pac: :pac:

Katgurl wrote: »
    Oh for gods sake, I would defo date a guy who was that height. I am 5 7. I have noticed though that I am often meeting men in Ireland who are exactly same standing height as me yet miraculously claim to be 5 10. Or same height as me in heels (around 1.5 inches) claiming to be 6ft. I must be permanently standing in a hole.

A lot of guys like to add a couple of extra inches, and not just to their height. :D

I need to stop reading these threads :(
    I'm 5 7' and have had no problems dating/pulling/scoring good looking girls in the past... maybe I just got lucky!

according to this thread and others similar, I should be a weird looking, short arsed troll with an annoying personality and a chip on my shoulder to make up for my lack of gigantism and my funny little legs!!! :pac: :pac:

Quiet you and get back in my pocket!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I'm currently dating 5'8 man.

I'm 5'3 :D

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    I'm currently dating 5'8 man.

I'm 5'3 :D

But would you date a man who's 5'3? I can understand a woman wanting a man who's at least the same height or slightly taller, but if he's able to fit her in his pocket its a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭iffy_2007

Im engaged to a 5 ft 8 man & im 5ft 9, when i wear heels i tower over him. It annoys me sometimes but its not a deal breaker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

It's all about size in AH today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Tom Cruise

Joaquin Phoenix

Cillian Murphy

Zac Efron

Mark Wahlberg

All 5'8

http://www.celebheights.com/s/1532Male.html:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Isn't that about the average height for Irish men anyway? I've dated plenty of men about this height and definitely shorter too. When I was 18 I was crazy about this guy I worked with and he couldn't have been more than 5'5-5'6. Yet half the women where we worked were seriously into him as he had tonnes of charm and an absolutely fabulous arsé.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

I don't go for men under 6'10.

I'm about 5'8 and prefer the same or taller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I'm 6ft. Husband is 5 9. I'd love to be shorter, ah well!

John Doe1 wrote: »
    Tom Cruise

Joaquin Phoenix

Cillian Murphy

Zac Efron

Mark Wahlberg

All 5'8

http://www.celebheights.com/s/1532Male.html:D

Tom Cruise is actually 5'6, its just in some of his movies they actually shrunk the world around him to make him look bigger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I'm 5'5 and my girlfriend is 5'9. What's your issue, OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 brandom

I'm glad my Mum did;). My Dad's only 5ft 8in.......

My Mum is only 5ft 1in herself, so it's 'small' wonder that I'm a midget of 5ft 2in (female obv, be pretty shitty to be a 5ft 2in male lol)
    Well I'm currently going out with a 5ft 2in male and don't have any problems with it...I'm 5ft 1in btw ...and have dated guys ranging up to 6ft 4in

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

All my exes were giants but I've no problem dating a guy 5ft 8. The last guy I dated said he was 5ft 6 but I'd say he was shorter as I'm 5ft 2 and was a little taller than him in my boots ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I'm 5'10, so no I wouldn't. I've tried it, just didn't seem right.

Just start wearing heels that are built into shoes. Be grand.

I stood beside Cillian Murphy in the airport. He's tiny!! I think 5'8 might be a bit of an exaggeration!!

Cybercubed wrote: »
    Right I made a statement in another thread saying that 5'8 man are too short to date so would like to poll it. I'm a 5'8 male, and I've heard rumours that the vast majority of women do not like to do someone of this height or smaller. Although only around 25%-33% of men are 6ft and above so most men are smaller than this. I've never really taken notice of this nor cared until recently reading on the internet that the majority of women would refuse to date someone around my height under almost any circumstances and I'm just curious how true this is??

Now I understand that taller men are deemed more desirable, and women above 5'8 may struggle to date a 5'8 guy, that's also understandable.

Would you date a 5'8 male?? Or is that a no no under any circumstances??

You are most likely ugly, girls just tell you its your height.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭bdoo

syndeyfife wrote: »

A fallen tree is easily climbed

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

I tend to go for guys around 6ft, I'm 5ft 5 and went out last weekend with flats on (very rarely do that!) I kissed a guy who was around 6ft 3, I'd such a neckache the next day!!

iguana wrote: »
    Isn't that about the average height for Irish men anyway? I've dated plenty of men about this height and definitely shorter too. When I was 18 I was crazy about this guy I worked with and he couldn't have been more than 5'5-5'6. Yet half the women where we worked were seriously into him as he had tonnes of charm and an absolutely fabulous arsé.
    I never understand what it is women want with ass.

What do they plan on doing with it:confused::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

im 5'2 so 5'8 is really tall! i would have no problem at all with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

later12 wrote: »
    I never understand what it is women want with ass.

What do they plan on doing with it:confused::eek:

Still traumatised by that time in the tent, eh? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I'm 5'8 and I've no problem if the guy was the same height or smaller, my bf is only about an inch taller than me anyway. I probably wouldn't be too happy id they were skinnier than me though :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement