Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Metro in Oranmore?

Options
  • 16-06-2012 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

Hi all, thinking of upgrading to Metro Express and just wondering if anyone else around Oranmore is using it and what they make of the service?

My phone line is capped at 6meg (anything above is too much for the line) so looks like a wireless solution is the only option for increased speed.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

There be fibre around the NW of Oranmore. Are you capped at 6mbits in the town ( on an 8mbit package I mean), if so try getting on an up to 24mbit package instead which should be good for 14mbit ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Hey SB, I'm about 1.5 miles west of the village, down a tiny bótharín.
    We were upgraded to 8mbit (We're with Eircom atm) a while back but the quality of service dropped dramatically and after numerous phone calls were basically told the line couldn't hack the speed, so we're back on 6.

We're paying approximately the same monthly fee as the 30mbit Metro Express package so I'm thinking if it's anyway decent it might be worth the upgrade.

I'd be taking the phone package as well so the quality of that would be a concern too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Phone package gets mixed reviews as to quality. Get an all you can eat mobile tariff ( 48 months is near unlimited calls to mobiles and emobile is unlimited anytime calls to landlines for €25 a month which is what the line rental costs from eircom)

Did you try for a 24mbit package from eircom, different technology could be more stable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 wolfgang

We've had the 8Mb for a few years in Oranmore village and it works great. Just got the Metro Express 30Mb today - only getting about 21Mb but it seems to be working fine.

Advertisement