Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing of the Guard

Options
  • 16-06-2012 1:34pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I suppose a lot of people will have seen or realised that Mairéad and Noel have finished up as Pres and Vice-pres. I thought I should take this opportunity to congratulate them, and wish them the very best in wherever life takes them after MISU. They have raised the professionalism of the SU immeasurably in their two years, and I think they will leave a lasting mark on how sabbatical officers approach the job for many years to come. One of the most impressive aspects of their tenure was their communication, Boards.ie included in that. Their level of commitment to Facebook/Twitter/Boards/email and even face to face to contact has I think, at times, been taken for granted. But whether people realise it or not, you've both made a massive contribution to student life and well-being through this communication (as well as your other activities). Well done and the best of luck :)

With that, I'd also like to welcome the new president Darragh, and vice president Cillian. Two sabbats that will bring the same level of professionalism to the job, and raise the bar even higher over the next year (or two? :p). You'll be getting a baptism of fire on Monday morning with the changed results procedure. Good luck to you both, and enjoy it :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

dambarude wrote: »
    You'll be getting a baptism of fire on Monday morning with the changed results procedure. Good luck to you both, and enjoy it :D

"I can't log on"
    *posts a question to MISU FB page similar to the 10 questions previous*
    "How can I change my password?"
    "I know the SU have told us a kabillion times but who do I talk to to change my password?"
    "Stupid Mary I, typical. Results page is down"
    *clicks refresh 75 times in a minute*

:D

Good luck boys! :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Mairead and Noel will be sorely missed, the lads have big shoes to fill. Good luck to them!

Monday will certainly be interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Icarus Wings

Long time reader, first time poster here! :D

As my first post (and a few years under my belt at Mary I now), I just want to thank Mairead and Noel for the top quality support and service that they provided to all students during their reign. The college has seen a fair few positive changes over the past two years and they have kept everyone in the loop throughout it all.

Best of luck in the future, M&N!:)

Advertisement