Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcane Roots

Options
  • 16-06-2012 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else listening to them? Picked up the reissue/deluxe edition of their EP/album yesterday and I have to say they are a very mixed bag, in a good way, in terms of influences and in how they reflect those influences.

There is everything from System Of A Down, Incubus, Faith No More, Young Guns, Shinedown, Primus, The Strokes, Keane to a host of other familiar sounding snippets in their sound, along with a very clear stamp of their own. They go from metal to screamo to indie to melodic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Just me listening to them then. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

I'd never heard of these guys before but I'm just after listening to the track 'You Are' and I really like it. Parts of the guitar work sound distinctly like The Redneck Manifesto. I'll definitely check out an album pretty soon.

I'd download one now except that my primary laptop with all my hard drive space has been sent away for repair. It's been well over a feckin' month now with no sign of its return, which is a whoor because there's a bunch of new music I wanna check out.

Advertisement