Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl - Electric Lawnmower, tips on cleaning underneath it

• 16-06-2012 1:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Got the electric lawnmower a while back, seems to be popular as that afaik its the third time its in, as it was handier for carrying as there about several steps down to the garden.

Has anyone got one recently, as you have to be careful at cleaning the underside of it & not hose it down as it says in the instructions, i clean it with the rubber brush that was in a few wks back, but its slow.

Anyone got a quicker way.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Chunks of that post don't make sense.

Anyway what I can decipher is, you have a new electric lawnmower and you want to know if there's an easier and quicker way to clean it other than using a rubber brush?

Ans: None that I can think of, other than use a stiffer brush perhaps. I'd say most people don't bother cleaning after every cut or give up after a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Sorry, i posted it in a hurry as i knew i wouldnt get time to post back til now,
    This Sat will be the 3rd time on sale in Lidl in the past while,

The front is ok as its sealed & easy to hose down, as i just wanted to be careful about the underside where the electric motor is.

As we used to borrow a petrol mower & the grass would only clog up around the motor if i didnt clean it, but was awkward down several steps for my mum in the end.

Thanks for posting anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Don't clean it immediately - let the grass dry and it comes off easily with a suitable scraper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

stoneill wrote: »
    Don't clean it immediately - let the grass dry and it comes off easily with a suitable scraper.

I'd suggest you do the opposite. Clean it while the grass is still wet and fresh and hasn't stuck to the body but there's no need to spend ages getting the mower spotless. Even a quick wipe with the hand would take off most of it.
    Dried on grass also encourages spores and dust which might aggravate hay fever or similar conditions and is a bitch if it gets into your eye.

If the manufacturer says don't hose down then you should heed their advice.

Thanks for the posts, it'll take a while to get used to it, as it took no time in washing the petrol mower i had, i'll just have to be more careful.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 cougar

Spray the underside of the deck with WD40 once it's clean then when you use it again the grass just slides off. I got that tip off a lawnmower repair agent who told me to do it after every 4/5 cuts. It stops the grass sticking

cougar wrote: »
    Spray the underside of the deck with WD40 once it's clean then when you use it again the grass just slides off. I got that tip off a lawnmower repair agent who told me to do it after every 4/5 cuts. It stops the grass sticking

Worth a shot, thanks for the tip ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭DelSutton

Tip ....

Make sure its plugged out :D

Now that would be a shocker, if that happened :p

Advertisement